A full season... 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Side note: Cody was on track for like 64 points, making him a decent top line centre in the league. Has there ever been a team that had a 100 point top centre, 80 point second and 60 point third? Because people seem to think that is the norm...

2006-07 Sabres come VERY close.

Ah when the league started calling penalties an the Sabres lucked into having a small waify team that capitalized like no other in history of team sports.

Actually, it's the year when the league stopped calling penalties.

Side note: Cody was on track for like 64 points, making him a decent top line centre in the league. Has there ever been a team that had a 100 point top centre, 80 point second and 60 point third? Because people seem to think that is the norm...

2009-10, Crosby 109, Malkin 77, Staal 49.

Pretty close.

The Gretzky, Messier, Krushelnyski combo on the Oilers came VERY close a few times.

Will we be surprised this year? I mean not only about Hodgson, Foligno, and Ennis but about other guys like Stafford and Myers? I feel there is an opportunity for players to be angry after last season and actually work hard all season. Idk guess time will tell.

Will we be surprised this year? I mean not only about Hodgson, Foligno, and Ennis but about other guys like Stafford and Myers? I feel there is an opportunity for players to be angry after last season and actually work hard all season. Idk guess time will tell.

It's not impossible that a good number of the following guys play better (or much better, or contribute more) than last year, resulting in a suprisingly decent season:

Myers

Tallinder

Pysyk

Vanek

Ennis

Foligno

Girgensohns

Leino

Armia

Throw in good goaltending from a PO'd Miller and/or a hungry Enroth and they could, maybe, maybe, surprise us and not stink.

I think Myers is the key.

It's not impossible that a good number of the following guys play better (or much better, or contribute more) than last year, resulting in a suprisingly decent season:

If nothing else, I think that this year's time will have the ability to exceed expectations (and still not the make the playoffs, mind you).

It's been mostly gloom here this summer, but the season has the potential to be very interesting.

In addition to Foligno, Ennis and Hodgson, Myers stands out as player who is at a crossroads season, in terms of answering the question "how good is he?"

There's the young prospect watch, the Vanek/Miller watch, the "are Stafford and Leino that bad?" question, the Rolston-not-Ruff watch, the leadership question: there is going to be a lot to talk about this year.

Archived