All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I like it.

He is just like his father ... very emotional and hates to lose.

The Sabres could use more of that attitude, although the theatrics should be toned down.

Yup, a complete piece of S**t with agression issues

If a minor incident like what happened is enough to set him off like that, imagine what would happen if something bigger occured?

The whole Roy family needs some anger management and therapy

I like it.

He is just like his father ... very emotional and hates to lose.

The Sabres could use more of that attitude, although the theatrics should be toned down.

You mean he is just like the guy that sent his own kid down ice to absolutely pummel another kid who wanted no part of it? Yeah. I'm gonna disagree. we don't need this kind of attitude on our team.

AMERKS COME UP SHORT IN 4-3 LOSS TO CSKA MOSCOW

Luke Adam scored a pair of goals, including one with one-tenth of a second left in regulation, but time unfortunately got the best of the Rochester Americans Friday afternoon at Vaillant Arena, where the Amerks dropped a 4-3 decision to CSKA Moscow of Russia's Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) in a second-round matchup of the 2013 Spengler Cup in Davos, Switzerland.

PHOTO GALLERY: AMERKS VS. CSKA MOSCOW

Phil Varone also scored a goal to go along with an assist, while goaltender Matt Hackett turned in another solid performance, stopping 34 of 38 shots in the loss, which drops the Amerks to 0-2 in the tournament thus far.

Igor Grigorenko (2+1) and Alexander Radulov (1+2) each notched three points to pace CSKA Moscow, and Nikita Zaitsev recorded a pair of assists behind a 25-save effort from goaltender Ratislav Stana. The game also featured the return of three-time Stanley Cup champion Sergei Fedorov, who earned an assist in the win for the Russians.

“I thought our effort tonight was great,” said Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy. “The guys executed and played as a team. We made some mistakes, but I thought all-in-all our game was pretty solid. Unfortunately, it was a little bit too late, but I thought we did a real good job.”

AMERKS ELIMINATED FROM SPENGLER CUP BY TEAM CANADA

DAVOS, SWITZERLAND -- The Rochester Americans exploded for three goals in the second period to erase a three-goal deficit, but Team Canada was able to withstand the comeback and hold on for a 6-3 win over the Amerks Sunday night in the quarterfinal matchup of the 2013 Spengler Cup at Vaillant Arena in Davos, Switzerland. The loss officially eliminates the Amerks from the international tournament, which Rochester last took part in during the 1996-97 season.

Luke Adam and Phil Varone each notched two assists, while Alex Hutchings, Dan Catenacci and Joel Armia provided the scoring for the Amerks, who went 0-3 in the tournament. The goaltending tandem of Nathan Lieuwen and Matt Hackett combined to make 28 saves in the loss, including 11 from Lieuwen, who started in net for Rochester but left the game following the first intermission. With their pair of assists tonight, Adam (2+2) and Varone (1+3) each finished the tournament with a team-high four points.

Amerks added 4 players due to injuries and call ups.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/hockey/2014/01/02/amerks-tired-and-tattered/4297637/

Armia notches a goal & assist in Amerks 5-2 win

http://www.amerks.com/recap.asp?gameID=20140103

Brayden Irwin a 6'5" 225 lb C joins team. He's played in almost every league I've heard of...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=83890

Brandon MacLean 6' 180 lb C has never played past the ECHL.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80209

They also added Jonathon Parker who has bounced between Roc & ECHL most of the last 3 seasons. Nick Tuzzolino re-signed on a pro try out contract. Big D who fights, been with the team for a month or so.

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.