Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

The Flyers' radio team is fairly terrible, I've been meaning to post this for awhile. The PBP guy (Saunders) is fairly good at describing the play, but his trademark goal call is to let out a falsetto "GOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!".

I've never heard anything but his goal calls, but yes, he assaults my ears. Your link wasn't anywhere near as bad though. He usually gets to a much higher pitch than that. He also does one other thing that I hear from time to time with a few announcers. He will refer to a goal as "a score"... something along the lines of "and that was a score by Giroux". That one drives me crazy. Score should only be used as a verb, not a noun.

@PredsNHL

. @PredsNHL announce hiring of Peter Laviolette as 2nd head coach in team history to multi-year contract Read more -> http://bit.ly/1on9Mr1

Also joining coaching staff is Kevin McCarthy, who will serve as an assistant alongside Lane Lambert & Phil Housley. http://bit.ly/1onazrO

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I actually like this hiring. Nashville I think could benefit from Laviolette's style. Not sure exactly how his defense will run with it but Nashville is one of those teams I can't help but hope get better.

Nashville better get some forwards, because right now they don't have the horses to do what Laviolette is likely to ask them to.

Anyone notice that the Blues jettisoned their goalie coach today? Him and Miller not compatible?

Huh. Maybe the sign of a long-term deal with Miller? Especially now that Corsi's out with Buffalo, Corsi could be headed to St Louis too.

Or maybe just Hitchcock shuffling guys around for his extension.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.