Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Injury Prone!

@SInow

Blue Jackets forward Nathan Horton out six weeks after abdominal surgery http://on.si.com/1ncTpfZ

In my high school football days one of my fellow captains brought the team together for a pregame prayer and opened with "Dear God, please let us be injury prone today." He didn't know what it meant so we all had to laugh and correct him. Luckily God didn't come through for us.

On march 17th, the Leafs had 80 points and had played 68 games. They sat in 2nd place in the division, 3rd in the conference.

As of this morning, they have played 81 games--13 more than March 17th. They now have 84 points and one game left.

If this season has proven one thing to me, it's this: at least we're not the Leafs.

Pretty much, although I'd expect the results to be the same regardless of who is put in that position.

Right. Like I hinted at upthread, the position is a figurehead basically. It's not going to matter who's in that seat.

Right. Like I hinted at upthread, the position is a figurehead basically. It's not going to matter who's in that seat.

Completely agreed.

In other news I still smile every time I think about the Leafs' collapse. It's a small victory for analytics and a big victory for everyone who enjoys laughing at Toronto fans' collective misery.

maybe this is common knowledge, but, after having beers at the pan am bar in that restored lafayette hotel last weekend, i have it on good (direct) authority that patrick roy is basically turning over tables, upsetting apple carts, and so on when it comes to the team's scouting department.

the guys who've been working to assemble the roster that the 'lanche now have (their fenwick #s may stink (hi, mike schopp!), but they're pretty dern good in the standings) have all but been told that their services won't be needed after this year's draft.

among other things, roy is apparently insisting that the franchise focus greater resources on the Q.

i'm told that the scouts thought (and were told that) sakic would be able to control roy, but that roy's just running amok.

image0013516622083207mseg2.gif

Edited by That Aud Smell

Speaking of offensive futility, if Nick Bjugstad is held pointless in his last game, he will become the lowest scoring team leader in points ever in an 82 game season with 38 points.

Is he a FA, the Sabres could use some help.

Umm, who is she? I've got a new opening in the Mrs. Eleven department, starting in about a month or so.

Josie's got it, obv. Although, I had to check, as I wasn't sure. I just remember the line from the movie (which I mis-remembered as Witches of Eastwick). SJP is a creature of peculiar beauty, but was unrecognizable to me in that movie. And in terms of feeling a stirring in your ... heart for that bouncy amok, you'd need a time machine. That clip is pre-Sex in the City, I think.

Josie's got it, obv. Although, I had to check, as I wasn't sure. I just remember the line from the movie (which I mis-remembered as Witches of Eastwick). SJP is a creature of peculiar beauty, but was unrecognizable to me in that movie. And in terms of feeling a stirring in your ... heart for that bouncy amok, you'd need a time machine. That clip is pre-Sex in the City, I think.

You're assuming that's who Eleven is interested in. Maybe he's attracted to Bette Midler. Might have a thing for overbites.

Edited by pastajoe

Makes sense; always had a thing for her. I know I'm way in the minority on this one.

Ryan Malone arrested for cocaine possession and DUI.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24523379/lightning-left-winger-ryan-malone-arrested-for-cocaine-possession

Tampa Bay Lightning left winger Ryan Malone was arrested early Saturday morning under suspicion of cocaine possesion and driving under the influence at 3:23 a.m. in Tampa, Fla. at Platt and Rome Streets.

Malone's BAC was .112 and .116 according to his booking information, which is over the legal limit in Florida of .08.

Malone was booked at 5:40 a.m. and is being held on $2,500 bond.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.