Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

I read that he will be on blood thinners and it is thus treatable that way... Not expected to be career threatening. But it's still early.

No way to play on those I would think....hopefully they figure it out and get him healthy.

The Stroke appears to have been caused by a small hole in his heart.

This answers some of my questions about the possibility of the medical staff monitoring Tyler Myers. Letang had the hole in his heart since birth which should seal on it's own. Sounds like there isn't routine cardiac imaging done. Sure, they monitor pulse and O2, but my concern with Myers has always been the structure.

I'd guess Letang is done for the year. Weeks of thinners, then they have to deal with the hole and heal up.

My question is does that open the Penguins up for a depth defender trade... Tallinder, Weber, Rhuwedel, Sulzer... any of those guys have value now in Pitt.

As someone who knows how dangerous strokes can be, I am glad Letang is okay and will make a full recovery.

My question is does that open the Penguins up for a depth defender trade... Tallinder, Weber, Rhuwedel, Sulzer... any of those guys have value now in Pitt.

As someone who knows how dangerous strokes can be, I am glad Letang is okay and will make a full recovery.

Pitt has a lot of depth and youth on defense. Not sure if they'd make a move there.

I'm not saying it is true. I'm saying that the rumour has been going for a while. People said it was why Morrow fought Gleason (Morrow and Ott are good friends). Obviously there is not an accurate source, it isn't like Ott has tweeted "Gleason is a dick, he slept with my wife" and TSN are hardly going to wade into the debate. I think that if a persistent rumour exists then it is weird to purposefully never mention it simply because it doesn't have a source. I am not suggesting it is fact, simply that the rumour exists. The rumour also got more traction last season when Gleason and Ott fought

http://www.thebreaka...teve-Ott-s-wife

As for 'proof' - here is an article about Ott saying he has a wife called Candice, and hangs out with Gleason, who is a good friend of his:

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=450396

And here is a tweet congratulating Tim and Candice Gleason on having a baby:

https://twitter.com/...147244032274432

And here is an article saying Tim has a step child called Layna, coincidentally, Ott also has a child called Layna:

http://www.bizjourna...n.html?page=all

This made me think of this past conversation...

Steve Ott@otterN9NE

Happy Birthday To my Beautiful Wife @EricaRene4 Behind Every Man is a Kick ass woman and I'm a lucky Bastard. pic.twitter.com/8g4qniTzlN

Ott's wife is pretty good looking.

This made me think of this past conversation...

Steve Ott@otterN9NE

Happy Birthday To my Beautiful Wife @EricaRene4 Behind Every Man is a Kick ass woman and I'm a lucky Bastard. pic.twitter.com/8g4qniTzlN

Ott's wife is pretty good looking.

Did anyone see the classy Gleason during the final few minutes of the Leafs/Lightning fight last night?

Brown of the lighting was coming in on bernier, the leafs defender had a hold on him and they went straight into Bernier and the net. This caused a bit of a group fight against the boards behind the net, the Lightning goalie to take his mask and gloves off and skate down the ice (which he took a 2 minute penalty for) and a nice Clip of Gleason jumping in to defend his goal and throw some punches at a guy who was being held by another Leafs player. Say what you will about Scott, atleast he will fight anyone on his own and doesn't need his opponent held to throw some punches. Seems like a common team approach of the Leafs though, showing good team work by having one guy hold the opponent why another jumps in to throw some hits :rolleyes:

The Stroke appears to have been caused by a small hole in his heart.

Do you have a link to an article about that? I walk around with metal in my heart because I had one of those- stroke was one of the worries. I gave 'em all the slip and had a heart attack at 15 instead. I'm curious to see if Letang and I have the same heart hole haha

The bruising from one game alone would make him look like a bad banana.

There was a story about a kid who played for the Sharks a few years ago who took anticoagulants and would not take them on gameday. He was precautionary though, not after a moderate event. The coach and his family were scared for him and not too thrilled. I've seen people on this just bump a doorway, or take a slight tumble, and you are right....purple all over.

Again though, amazed these $300 million franchises don't put in another $50K into the budget to check these guys head to toe. There is a horse outfit that would do echos on an auction horse as part of their workup before they would even think of bidding....let alone their own.

There was a story about a kid who played for the Sharks a few years ago who took anticoagulants and would not take them on gameday. He was precautionary though, not after a moderate event. The coach and his family were scared for him and not too thrilled. I've seen people on this just bump a doorway, or take a slight tumble, and you are right....purple all over.

Again though, amazed these $300 million franchises don't put in another $50K into the budget to check these guys head to toe. There is a horse outfit that would do echos on an auction horse as part of their workup before they would even think of bidding....let alone their own.

Holy cow... I can't believe one day (really only a few hours) would be enough to make it safe for him to play. It takes much longer than that for a lot of these things to clear your body. I think it was at least a week after my dad stopped taking Plavix before his blood clotting returned to normal.

Holy cow... I can't believe one day (really only a few hours) would be enough to make it safe for him to play. It takes much longer than that for a lot of these things to clear your body. I think it was at least a week after my dad stopped taking Plavix before his blood clotting returned to normal.

Yeah..and Plavix is easy doings compared to what I am sure Letang is on for now.

As insensitive as it may sound...Pitt is in the market for an offensive-defenseman this season.

Yeah..and Plavix is easy doings compared to what I am sure Letang is on for now.

As insensitive as it may sound...Pitt is in the market for an offensive-defenseman this season.

I wouldn't call that insensitive; I would hope both Letang and the Pens are going to be cautious about his health going forward, even if that means getting a replacement lined-up in the interim.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.