Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

GR's bulldog tweeted an article from a Flyers' beat reporter and, based on that, raised the idea that we could use some of our picks (including next year's #1, i infer) in an offer for giroux.

Not sure it's even possible, but, if it is: Yes, please.

https://twitter.com/Bulldogwgr/status/398787043415035904

Panthers Twitter makes it official:

@FlaPanthers

#FlaPanthers Coach Kevin Dineen, assistant coaches Murphy & Ramsay have been relieved of their coaching duties. http://ow.ly/qCKrn

lorida Panthers Executive Vice President & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that head coach Kevin Dineen, assistant coach Gord Murphy and assistant coach Craig Ramsay have been relieved of their coaching duties. Goalie coach Robb Tallas, video coach Jason Cipolla and strength and conditioning coach Craig Slaunwhite will remain on the staff.

“After 16 games it was clear that our team needed a change in philosophy and direction,” said Tallon. “We have not met the expectations that we set forth at training camp and it is my responsibility to make the necessary changes to ensure that our club performs at its maximum potential. We thank Kevin, Gord and Craig for their hard work and dedication to our organization and the professionalism that they displayed throughout their tenure.”

Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Florida Panthers Social Media is powered by Ford - follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Home to the Florida Panthers Hockey Club and internationally recognized concerts and events, the Broward County-owned BB&T Center is one of the top ranked venues of its kind in the world.

Get Dineen and Ramsay back into the Sabres organization.

They can "scout" just like Cunneyworth. No?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@GeorgeRichards

#FlaPanthers have fired Kevin Dineen and coaching staff...John Madden and Brian Skrudland will assist San Antonio coach Peter Horachek

Heard rumors last night but damn didn't think it was coming THAT quick, I like Dineen and would love to see him back in the org

Tallon is feeling the pressure from the new owner(s). I wonder if he's doing this because he knows he finally has the freedom to go crazy, or if he was concerned about his own job. Panthers need to make a couple of tweaks to the lineup, they have a lot of youth on the roster. But so far goaltending has been the main concern, it's been atrocious this year. If they had average goaltending they would be on the playoff bump and this might not have happened.

Tallon is feeling the pressure from the new owner(s). I wonder if he's doing this because he knows he finally has the freedom to go crazy, or if he was concerned about his own job. Panthers need to make a couple of tweaks to the lineup, they have a lot of youth on the roster. But so far goaltending has been the main concern, it's been atrocious this year. If they had average goaltending they would be on the playoff bump and this might not have happened.

You were our man who's been extolling the Panthers as a model of a rebuild worth emulating, yeah? I seem to recall our give and take on the subject.

You were our man who's been extolling the Panthers as a model of a rebuild worth emulating, yeah? I seem to recall our give and take on the subject.

I've been saying all along this was going to be their year to let the kids take over, and my prediction was that they would be around #8 come season end? Nobody saw new ownership coming. Tallon has had his plan all along, I don't know if it has been upended by the new owner. But up until now they have been a goaltender away from being around #8. Markstrom wasn't Tallon's draft pick.

It seems to me like the new owners aren't giving Tallon any space.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Florida hasn't gone for quite the three-year everything-must-go plan the Sabres have adopted.

But they did try to do it in two years. They sold off a bunch of players to bottom out in 2010 and 2011.

This was their haul:

2011) 3. Huberdeau, 33. Grimaldi, 59 Bengtsson

2010) 3. Gudbranson, 19. Bjugstad, 25. Howden, 33. McFarland, 36. Petrovic, 50. Brickley

Suffering comes with no guarantees.

Florida hasn't gone for quite the three-year everything-must-go plan the Sabres have adopted.

But they did try to do it in two years. They sold off a bunch of players to bottom out in 2010 and 2011.

This was their haul:

2011) 3. Huberdeau, 33. Grimaldi, 59 Bengtsson

2010) 3. Gudbranson, 19. Bjugstad, 25. Howden, 33. McFarland, 36. Petrovic, 50. Brickley

Suffering comes with no guarantees.

Interesting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.