2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Bit of a surprise... I like it.

@WGR550: Murray: "Jake McCabe is close to signing ... if it gets done, he'll more likely be here (Buffalo,) than there (Rochester)"

Especially if the Sabres can get Risto back to the Amerks for their playoff push.

Ullmark, Nelson, & Austin remain from 2012 to be signed.

Must Ullmark be signed this year?

Should the Sabres sign Nelson and Austin, or should they try to get them on AHL contracts?

Ullmark is signed for 2 more years in SHL, so the Sabres have no rush to ink him to a deal.

Grigorenko, Armia get AHL seasoning

ROCHESTER — After experiencing the NHL twice and getting a taste of the American Hockey League, Mikhail Grigorenko had no doubt he was above junior hockey. But when the Sabres sent him back to Quebec in January, the prospect had a decision to make.

“I could go out there and play really hard and try to score as many goals as I can – or just go out there and chill,” Grigorenko said Thursday as a smile spread across his face. “I chose to go out there and do my best.”

Joel Armia, the top pick in 2011 and considered the best sniper in the organization, has just seven goals and 25 points in 49 games with the Amerks. Folks hoped for more during the Finnish winger’s first season in North America.

“He shows signs,” Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said. “Still needs to build his consistency. He’s just got to keep building it up.

“He’s a confidence player. He’s a guy that when things are going well and he gets rolling, he’ll dominate. He’s just got to make sure that he puts the work in to dominate like that every night. I think that’s what a lot of young players struggle with.”

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT - 4/7/14

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

Hurley extends his point streak; Fasching prepares for the Frozen Four

NCAA

Big forward Hudson Fasching (2013, fourth round), acquired from Los Angeles on deadline day, will be the only Sabres prospect taking part in this weekend’s NCAA Frozen Four in Philadelphia. Fasching’s No.1-ranked Minnesota Golden Gophers will face North Dakota in Thursday’s second semifinal game at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN2). Union – featuring South Buffalo’s Matt Krug – and Boston College will square off at 5 p.m. (ESPN2) on Thursday, with the national championship game set for Saturday at 7:30 p.m. (ESPN).

OHL

Nikita Zadorov (2013, first round) continued his excellent postseason play Sunday, netting a shorthanded goal and adding two assists to earn the number two star as London skated to a 7-2 victory over Guelph in Game 2 of their OHL Western Conference Semifinal. The hulking Russian has been a workhorse for London, who with the win have evened the best-of-seven series at one game apiece following a 6-4 defeat in Friday’s opener. Zadorov has four goals, including two while on the penalty kill, and four assists in the Knights’ six playoff tilts. The teams head back to London for Game 3 on Tuesday.

Where does Zadorov go in a 2013 Redraft? Kid sounds like he may be great some day. Going into the 2013 draft it was suppose to be deep, nice that we had 2 firsts and many seconds. Sounds like the 2015 draft is going to be similar in that regard.

Still below MacKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan and then maybe Lindholm, Risto and Mantha. So probably top 10.

Still below MacKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan and then maybe Lindholm, Risto and Mantha. So probably top 10.

I agree but I think out of all of them Zadorov has the potential as years go by to rise higher up in this hypothetical situation.

@ScoutingService

@BuffaloSabres Prospects with Assistant GM Kevin Devine #NHL #Sabres http://www.hockeypro...kevin-devine/

https://s3.amazonaws.com/NHL14/buffao_march14.mp3 <31:02>

The Buffalo Sabres Assistant Gener Manager, Kevin Devine, was recently a guest on the Hockey Prospects show on Sirius XM NHL Radio. Hosts Shane Malloy and Russ Cohen have a lengthy chat with Devine about prospects in the Sabres system.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

From Feb, so I apologize if this has already been posted, still pretty cool

Who Are The Potential Steals From The 2013 Draft (4th Round & Up)?

1. Hudson Fasching – U of Minnesota, NCAA, RW, 6’3, 214 lb. – 118 (4th) to LA.

2. Ben Harpur – D, Guelph, OHL, 6’6, 212 lb. – 108 (4th) to Ottawa.

3. Saku Mäenalanen – RW, Jokipojat, Mestis, 6’3, 185 lb. – 108 (5th) to Nashville.

4. Brenden Kichton – D, St. John’s, AHL, 6’0, 190 lb. – 108 (7th) to Winnipeg.

5. MacKenzie Weegar – D, Halifax, QMJHL, 5’11, 207 lb. – 206 (7th) to Florida.

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT - 4/14/14

Fasching comes up short at Frozen Four; Petersen rolls in the USHL

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

Hudson Fasching scored a late goal Saturday but it wasn't enough as Minnesota was knocked off by Union 7-4 in the championship game of the 2014 NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Tournament.

The powerful winger was at the doorstep at 16:20 of the third period when he displayed good hand-eye coordination to bat the puck into the net and cut the deficit to 5-4 before Union would close it out with two late goals. The game ended in disappointment for the Gophers, but Fasching has a lot to look forward to following an impressive freshman season that saw him collect 14 goals and 30 points in 40 games to earn the team’s Rookie of the Year award.

Cal Petersen (2013, fifth round) posted a pair of victories over the weekend as Waterloo got out to a commanding two-game lead in their opening round series with Sioux Falls. Petersen stopped 25 of 29 shots Friday as the Black Hawks skated to a 7-4 win over the Stampede. He returned to the net Saturday, making another 25 saves as the Black Hawks earned a 6-3 victory in Game 2. Petersen entered the playoffs with 27 wins (t-1st in league), a 2.50 GAA (6th) and .915 save% (8th) in 38 regular season appearances. Game 3 set for Thursday in Sioux Falls.

3. Saku Mäenalanen – RW, Jokipojat, Mestis, 6’3, 185 lb. – 108 (5th) to Nashville.

What a crowded 108th pick that was, eh, hockeywriters?

What a crowded 108th pick that was, eh, hockeywriters?

That's why it was a "steal." They somehow drafted three guys with one pick!