Sabres tats… anybody?

PASabreFan

I'm just glad I never got a goathead or a slug.

I've been so hesitant to get Bills or Sabres ink due to the revolving door of logos with these franchises. The Red Sox are my only sports related ink but I'd like to do both Buffalo teams.

I've been so hesitant to get Bills or Sabres ink due to the revolving door of logos with these franchises. The Red Sox are my only sports related ink but I'd like to do both Buffalo teams.

How should I ensure that the artist has the ability to do a classic Sabres logo?

How should I ensure that the artist has the ability to do a classic Sabres logo?

If you can make it up to Perry NY it's worth it. Skylar Towns did all of my first tattoos and he's the best artist I've worked with. Otherwise, look for the guy with the least tattoos in the shop.

Pain? What pain? There's pain? How much?

Cool idea, and yes, there's pain... how much will depend heavily on your personal threshold for such things and the location of your ink. I felt like I was being carved when they did the outline, but the "coloring in" didn't bother me as much (it's not Sabres-related). In general it'll hurt less if it's done somewhere with a good bit of muscle between the skin being tattooed and the bone underneath.

Cool idea, and yes, there's pain... how much will depend heavily on your personal threshold for such things and the location of your ink. I felt like I was being carved when they did the outline, but the "coloring in" didn't bother me as much (it's not Sabres-related). In general it'll hurt less if it's done somewhere with a good bit of muscle between the skin being tattooed and the bone underneath.

Have a Sabres tattoo?

I love the idea of a Sabres rookie card sleeve. It has been something I have been contemplating for a while now. The idea is to start with Perreault's rookie card centered on my forearm and add other like Martin and Gare around it. Not lined up though. I like the idea of it looking like a bunch of hockey cards spread out on a table, so some will only be partial cards and some merely filler.

I'm thinking thigh, since I'd like to keep it fairly discreet. Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking thigh, since I'd like to keep it fairly discreet. Thanks for the info.

Perfect; not visible under normal circumstances, but when you're so inclined you can rock those teeny running shorts and show the world your Sabres pride. ;)

Make it a big Sabre. Starting a few inches below your belly button and finishing about half way to your knee. It'll look cool sticking out of your shorts.

Archived