Sabres tats… anybody?

PASabreFan

I may very well be entering my mid-life crisis. I'm about as white bread as it gets, but if the whole weight loss/working out thing really turns into something, I might finally have a decent canvas upon which to put my first tattoo. And I think I'd like a Sabres tat of some kind.

But what exactly? And where? I've already asked about Lindy's stache on either side of my ass-ball connection. That's a no-go. It's prohibited by a little-known amendment to the Defense of Marriage Act.

Help.

I know a guy with a buffalo tattoo on his arm that's pretty awesome. It's done in sailor jerry traditional style with reds and blacks. His is part of a sleeve with other Buffalo related things if I remember right. But using a differently designed bison head with some sabres or numbers incorporated and only a couple splashes of blue and yellow could be really cool and an alternative to using one of the existing logos. Oh, and a big script unfurled that says "one before I die".

I know a guy with a buffalo tattoo on his arm that's pretty awesome. It's done in sailor jerry traditional style with reds and blacks. His is part of a sleeve with other Buffalo related things if I remember right. But using a differently designed bison head with some sabres or numbers incorporated and only a couple splashes of blue and yellow could be really cool and an alternative to using one of the existing logos. Oh, and a big script unfurled that says "one before I die".

Or… John Scott's face on the upper chest, with manscaping creating the effect of his fur coat.

I think a backwards flying Sabres flag would be cool. The flag pole being a hockey stick.

I didn't like the sound of where that was going! OK, why backwards?

Or… John Scott's face on the upper chest, with manscaping creating the effect of his fur coat.

I didn't like the sound of where that was going! OK, why backwards?

You know, how the soldiers wear the flag backwards on their uniform when we're at war.

The Buffalo would be running towards your back, like a mirror image.

I have nothing useful to add to this discussion. Just wanted to mention that my wife and I will be getting matching Sabres tattoos when Buffalo finally wins the Stanley Cup. It won't be my first tattoo, and her canvas is anything but clean... Regardless, we're getting the "B" with the Sabre running through it, when it finally happens. I don't care if I'm 80 by then. It's happening.

here, i took a break from animating spongebob stupidpants to doodle this up. i can't brain words. http://imgur.com/8tpQQtl

That's cool. I can see now that the conundrum is going to be literal classic crest vs. an abstract representation of Sabres hockey.

You know, how the soldiers wear the flag backwards on their uniform when we're at war.

The Buffalo would be running towards your back, like a mirror image.

I can't see it, I just kind of like the idea that you're thinking about my body. :P

Archived