Buffalo News: Sabres looking for Fins to pair with Armia

Hoss

post-1415-0-38116500-1370625065.jpg

No wonder his depth perception seems off. The man only has one working eye! I bet the parrot squawking in his ear distracts him from those point shots he only seemed to be able to stop in 09/10. He's still pretty agile for a guy who has to cram a wooden peg leg into a hockey skate though.

Thanks, Chz!

http://www.buffalone.../130609600/1003

In the article Kevin Devine basically says that Joel Armia will be a Sabre next season.

Interesting read. The only guys mentioned that have consideration for Buffalo's 8th pick or above are Aleksander Barkov and Rasmus Ristolainen. I'm EXTREMELY high on Barkov. I think he's JUST outside that big top three. I would love to land him at four or five if the trade up is possible.

They also talked about getting a former teammate of Grigorenko's. Getting Barkov at 4 and Adam Erne at 16 would really set those guys up for success.

I'm looking at the Bruins right now and see very few foreign players. They like the good ole Canadian boys. These are character guys and the Sabres should focus on Canadian and especially French Canadians, who are very useful, and not take a shot in the dark with all these foreign born players.

I'm looking at the Bruins right now and see very few foreign players. They like the good ole Canadian boys. These are character guys and the Sabres should focus on Canadian and especially French Canadians, who are very useful, and not take a shot in the dark with all these foreign born players.

So we shouldn't draft Barkov, Ristolainen, Lindholm, NIchushkin even though they are in the top 10 of this draft? :huh:

I've had a long standing opinion of preferring North American players but why would you focus on Frenchies? I see a couple on Boston but its like they are the 68-69 Canadiens or something.

That's what happens when you make a thread to make a statement and then not post again for three days.

You're always on my ass around here. I hope it doesn't smell bad. Sorry I can't be on here everyday.

I've had a long standing opinion of preferring North American players but why would you focus on Frenchies? I see a couple on Boston but its like they are the 68-69 Canadiens or something.

Do we even have one French Canadian? They seem to do well in Buffalo.

Ought not the Sabres be selecting potential players based on their skills and abilities, and not their nationality? The Weasel pining away for more Fins to team with his other Fin seems really like a dumb selection criteria to me.

Ought not the Sabres be selecting potential players based on their skills and abilities, and not their nationality? The Weasel pining away for more Fins to team with his other Fin seems really like a dumb selection criteria to me.

But in this case Barkov is rated higher than the Sabres pick - so being a Finn is an added bonus.

Yea, Aleksander Barkov has no skill...

I am? I hadn't noticed.

Because I'm not around very often. I could show you every thread I've posted in, and I guarantee that you've made a comment against me in AT LEAST 90%. It's adorable.

Yea, Aleksander Barkov has no skill...

Because I'm not around very often. I could show you every thread I've posted in, and I guarantee that you've made a comment against me in AT LEAST 90%. It's adorable.

Ok do it.

Archived