OT - A Thank you, An Update, and a Gift from the Sabres

LastPommerFan

First, I want to again thank everyone from this community who donated to help my nephew and his family. It's amazing how good people are when faced with a challenge.

To update on Luca: The surgery to fix his heart was very successful, he now has a perfect heart, functioning exceptionally well. After the surgery, he had trouble breathing on his own, which resulted in them having to leave his chest open for a couple days. This was scary, but he has since been closed back up and yesterday was taken of all of the breathing equipment, so he's finally on the road to recovery. Mom and Dad can hold their little boy again.

After the outpouring of support here, I sent a message to the Sabres just to let them know how awesome their fans are, and to ask if there was anything they could do to help me say thank you. Without asking twice the team stepped up to the plate. They've provided for me a copy of this season's team yearbook, autographed by Marcus Foligno. I only have one, so I'm going to do it like a raffle. If you've donated already, please send me a PM with your confirmation number and I will enter you in the drawing. If you'd like to get in on the raffle, you can make a donation in ANY amount here:

https://www.giveforw.../lff2/team-luca

and then PM me with your confirmation number. Next F'n Fantastic Friday I'll throw all the names in the shopping bag I made out of my old Pommer Slug Jersey and pick a winner to receive the autographed yearbook. Attached is a pic of the prize.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough or express my awe at how amazing this community is when one of us is in need.

Thank you,

Glass (on behalf of baby Luca)

post-2705-0-70578000-1370012586_thumb.jpg

That's seriously awesome about your nephew, GCoE... I wish I were in a position to donate, but I'm so happy to hear he's doing well, and I'm not surprised at the response from the board. This place really is amazing.

Awesome to hear, I too am not in a position to donate as I too have a child with medical issues. But I understand and love the fact that so many donated to Luca's cause and that he is doing so well. Wish all the best to your family and Luca.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who offered their support through kind words and/or donations. The winning confirmation number that my nerdily complex random number algorithm produced was 13056174908. I've notified the winner through PM, but since most donations were anonymous on the public level, I'll let them identify themselves if they choose.

But the Foligno Autographed Yearbook is not the only thing headed to it's rightful home today, LUCA IS GOING HOME TOO!!

Sincerely thankful,

Glass (on behalf of Team Luca)

post-2705-0-68138600-1370620965_thumb.jpg

(He really likes to show off the fact that he has feet)

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who offered their support through kind words and/or donations. The winning confirmation number that my nerdily complex random number algorithm produced was 13056174908. I've notified the winner through PM, but since most donations were anonymous on the public level, I'll let them identify themselves if they choose.

But the Foligno Autographed Yearbook is not the only thing headed to it's rightful home today, LUCA IS GOING HOME TOO!!

Sincerely thankful,

Awesome. Get skates on those feet, quick.

Sincerely thankful,

I think he's a Stars fan. I prefer to call him Damien.

Archived