Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

@sa: Thinking some moments are totally out of character and annoying isn't quite the same thing as thinking the entire show is terrible :)

On the whole I think TWD has been strong this year, especially since the midseason finale. That doesn't mean I have to accept the Glenn near-death and Rick/Daryl decisions from a couple weeks ago as anything other than nonsense.

@sa: Thinking some moments are totally out of character and annoying isn't quite the same thing as thinking the entire show is terrible :)

On the whole I think TWD has been strong this year, especially since the midseason finale. That doesn't mean I have to accept the Glenn near-death and Rick/Daryl decisions from a couple weeks ago as anything other than nonsense.

The whole Glenn thing was probably the show's worst moment.  The analogy in GOT will be if John Snow somehow lives...

I pretty much agree with all of this.

You know guys, it is a pretty dick move to go into another thread and casually drop something like this. I don't read TWD thread because I don't want spoilers. Guess I should start randomly posting about all the GoT the show is covering this year and spoil some .

Don't post spoilers and especially don't post spoilers for other shows in another thread. 

You know guys, it is a pretty dick move to go into another thread and casually drop something like this. I don't read TWD thread because I don't want spoilers. Guess I should start randomly posting about all the GoT the show is covering this year and spoil some ######.

Don't post spoilers and especially don't post spoilers for other shows in another thread. 

I get the Rick/Daryl thing (although "they made stupid choices" isn't much of a spoiler IMO) but Glenn's near death was back in November. Haven't we kind of exceeded the statute of limitations on that?

I get the Rick/Daryl thing (although "they made stupid choices" isn't much of a spoiler IMO) but Glenn's near death was back in November. Haven't we kind of exceeded the statute of limitations on that?

So then I can discuss at length what happened in season 5 of GoT and speculate how that impacts the future of the show.

Also part of my point was you bringing that information to a thread where it shouldn't be. I avoid TWD thread because I am a season behind but you dropped important show points in a GoT thread and I am just suppose to be okay with that?  It was a thing to do.

I was thinking about Jon's death because of this thread and it still makes absolutely no sense in the show, and has no punch other than "this is the finale and that guy you like is dead."

Hardhome happened, it was great, but it had no political effect on the wall.  The black brothers are made up of a bunch of thieves, murderers, and rapists who on the most part believe they're at the wall because it's a penal colony.  Jeor Mormont seemed to know the ancient purpose of the Night's Watch and brought his men up north to deal with the wildlings, but also to try and find Benjen Stark and find out more information about their true enemy.  Once Jon, his black brothers, and the wildlings got back from Hardhome it should have been a Renaissance of sorts for the Night's Watch: We know our true purpose, and many of our brothers were there to see it with their own eyes.

The others are here. The White Walkers.  The ice demons that most thought were just a legend.  They're coming back to bring the long night that never ends.

Instead of any of this happening, we default to the most boring reason for Jon Snow to die.  The Night's Watch apparently can't abide joining up with the wildlings to fight a greater evil.  Alliser Thorne didn't learn anything from fighting with Jon and being named first ranger, he's just a dick that hates Jon Snow.  Jon Snow didn't underestimate the needs of his men, he didn't blunder or make a hard decision that led to his death, he died because a bunch of old men have no reasoning skills whatsoever.  How compelling.

from the WSJ:

The sixth season of “Game of Thrones” will be stuffed with the kind of big moments that have made the HBO fantasy series must-see cable TV, according to actor Liam Cunningham. And it won’t waste any time getting to them.

“Listen, there are going to be many, and they’re from the get-go, I guarantee it,” says Cunningham, who plays Ser Davos Seaworth, right-hand man to the apparently dead would-be king Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane). “You’re going to have at least one rather very large one in [episode] 1, but that’s all I’m going to tell you.”

Oboyoboyoboy...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man this show is so bad.  I'm looking forward to it being a buncha campy slock instead of being a slow form assassination of every single character arc.  I also hope they throw some bright colors on the screen as well, and maybe get a B camera crew that knows which end of the camera makes movies come out.

I just finished watching the series from start to finish the past two months or so. I have really loved it and couldn't wait to finally jump into this thread, only to find this.

Thank you for being "that guy". Everyone really needs that one person sucking the joy out of everything imaginable for everyone else...  :thumbdown:

I just finished watching the series from start to finish the past two months or so. I have really loved it and couldn't wait to finally jump into this thread, only to find this.

Thank you for being "that guy". Everyone really needs that one person sucking the joy out of everything imaginable for everyone else...  :thumbdown:

Your dealing with a man who adores the (superior) novels.

No minds will be changed here.

Thank you for being "that guy". Everyone really needs that one person sucking the joy out of everything imaginable for everyone else... :thumbdown:

I started this thread and put the lines for my GoT hockey team in it. How are my negative opinions of the show sucking the fun out of anything? You can love the show and I can despise it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the last two books are superior to the series......Sorry man, but they aren't

These two books will be better appreciated when Martin completes the series.  Much like "Empire Strikes Back" was better appreciated when the Star Wars trilogy was completed than when it first premiered.

I want to see Theon act a little like his old self again.

I want to see Dany do some badass ######.

I want to see Daario and Jorah make out.

I want to see Davos crush some mutineers.

I want to see Melly Dre admit fault.

I want the Roose to be loose.

I want Ramsay to stop having plot-armor.

I want Stannis and Brienne to be best buds and team up with GreyRobb (Robb Stark's body with Grey Wind's head re-animated (book spoilers)).

I want the show to be fun, and I want the showrunners to have tried with every single ounce of their soul.

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.