2013-2014 Roster Projection Thoughts

qwksndmonster

My point was trying to see if Darcy is actively perusing guys who were leaders either in juniors or whatever other league the previously played in. He may not be but I found it interesting how many guys we suddenly seem to have with captain experience. Not only that most of these guys are talked about as true leaders. I don't know if I am explaining this properly, sorry.

It's nothing new though. He's had a ton of them over the years. But if you want to add to that list, Schaller was a captain at Providence as well.

It's nothing new though. He's had a ton of them over the years. But if you want to add to that list, Schaller was a captain at Providence as well.

Okay, so it is not being targeted. Still hopefully there are some legitimate leaders in the system.

Vanek-Hodgson-Armia

Ennis-Grigorenko-Leino

Foligno-Larsson-Ott

Kaleta-Porter-Gerbe

This lineup will lose a lot of games, but I like the mix of older Vet(Vanek/Leino) Expirience Youth (Ennis/Hodgson) and Talented Rookie (Grig/Armia) on the top two lines. This is how you'll develop these guys. I think this is an important consideration when looking at how to play the Vanek situation. Taking vanek out of the lineup before the season causes a lot of problems. In this scenario I paid Drew Stafford to take a long walk off a short pier. Tropp will hopefully come back strong an push Gerbe into the press box. Zemgus gets a chance to make Porter sit as well.

Ehrhoff/Myers

Sekera/Weber

McCabe/McNabb

That's how I'd roll the D, with the top line getting 28-30 minutes. Myers gets extra special conditioning attention all summer. I'd make offers to Pardy and Sulzer as extra defensemen.

Vanek-Hodgson-Armia

Ennis-Grigorenko-Leino

Foligno-Larsson-Ott

Kaleta-Porter-Gerbe

This lineup will lose a lot of games, but I like the mix of older Vet(Vanek/Leino) Expirience Youth (Ennis/Hodgson) and Talented Rookie (Grig/Armia) on the top two lines. This is how you'll develop these guys. I think this is an important consideration when looking at how to play the Vanek situation. Taking vanek out of the lineup before the season causes a lot of problems. In this scenario I paid Drew Stafford to take a long walk off a short pier. Tropp will hopefully come back strong an push Gerbe into the press box. Zemgus gets a chance to make Porter sit as well.

Ehrhoff/Myers

Sekera/Weber

McCabe/McNabb

That's how I'd roll the D, with the top line getting 28-30 minutes. Myers gets extra special conditioning attention all summer. I'd make offers to Pardy and Sulzer as extra defensemen.

I'd take Flynn over Gerbe and McCabe is almost certainly headed back to Wisconsin for his Junior season.

Hopefully, Our High #1 2013 pick (Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin) makes the team too.

Vanek-Hodgson-Armia

Ennis-Grigorenko-Leino

Foligno-Larsson-Ott

Kaleta-Porter-Gerbe

Ehrhoff/Myers

Sekera/Weber

McCabe/McNabb

Pysyk?

I'd trade Vanek and get another vet either from a trade or FA to play top 6

I'd take Flynn over Gerbe and McCabe is almost certainly headed back to Wisconsin for his Junior season.

Hopefully, Our High #1 2013 pick (Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin) makes the team too.

I want McCabe up if I've got a spot for him. The point is to develop players next year.

I'm not counting on a high pick.

Pysyk?

I'd trade Vanek and get another vet either from a trade or FA to play top 6

Pysykxtcvq can rotate in as well. The keys are developing myers as a 30 minute guy and giving the kids a chance to play 12-15 per game.

I want McCabe up if I've got a spot for him. The point is to develop players next year.

I'm not counting on a high pick.

Pysykxtcvq can rotate in as well. The keys are developing myers as a 30 minute guy and giving the kids a chance to play 12-15 per game.

McCabe has committed to uni for another year - he is definitely not coming here

Vanek-Hodgson-Armia

Ennis-Grigorenko-Leino

Foligno-Larsson-Ott

Kaleta-Porter-Gerbe

Ehrhoff/Myers

Sekera/Weber

McCabe/McNabb

Where does the top 5 pick slot in?

Where does the top 5 pick slot in?

I don't think we're getting a top five pick 11 games left 8 at home. Only 2 games left against the SE, Sabres have winning records against the NE and Atlantic. I think we're going to win 7 and finish in 20th place overall.

I don't think we're getting a top five pick 11 games left 8 at home. Only 2 games left against the SE, Sabres have winning records against the NE and Atlantic. I think we're going to win 7 and finish in 20th place overall.

:( So horrifyingly plausible.

We're not better at home than on the road and we're worse than the teams we play in the NE and Atlantic, so I'm assuming that winning record is going to regress severely ;)

We're not better at home than on the road and we're worse than the teams we play in the NE and Atlantic, so I'm assuming that winning record is going to regress severely ;)

We're not worse at home than on the road. And we have proven we can beat teams that are better than us. I hope your right. But you're not.

Archived