The other sports thread

Eleven

This HR derby is pretty awesome. I like the new format a lot.

I'm not watching it, but the changes must have been drastic.  Because listening to Berman with "back back back back back back" has made for a pretty miserable lifetime of HR derbies.  And I actually love Berman.

I'm not watching it, but the changes must have been drastic. Because listening to Berman with "back back back back back back" has made for a pretty miserable lifetime of HR derbies. And I actually love Berman.

Turn it on for a round if you can. It's rapid fire. Berman doesn't have time to "back back back back....." They don't get 10 outs anymore,they get 4 minutes. It's pretty cool.

Turn it on for a round if you can. It's rapid fire. Berman doesn't have time to "back back back back....." They don't get 10 outs anymore,they get 4 minutes. It's pretty cool.

There are reasons I cut the cord.  So-called "content," like this, is one of the reasons.

Jesus Christ just play the ###### game. It's literally been an hour of ceremony for the ASG

Every ASG, ever.  It is the second-most annoying night in North American sports.  The Home Run Derby is first, and the Super Bowl is a distant third.

Every ASG, ever.  It is the second-most annoying night in North American sports.  The Home Run Derby is first, and the Super Bowl is a distant third.

Fourth is a tie between every other baseball game played that year.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Cross fit with the fire of a thousand suns. Working out is what you do to prepare for a sport. That's not the same thing as being a sport itself.

The current "event" on ESPN right now is a 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 100 push ups and 100 squats. How is that an event? That's just going to the gym.

Oh, and these guys can't do pull ups for !

Yeah, it's hard and requires endurance and strength. But I still think it sucks.

/end rant.

Sorry for offending the cross fitters.

Edited by ubkev

I hate Cross fit with the fire of a thousand suns. Working out is what you do to prepare for a sport. That's not the same thing as being a sport itself.

The current "event" on ESPN right now is a 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 100 push ups and 100 squats. How is that an event? That's just going to the gym.

Oh, and these guys can't do pull ups for ######!

Yeah, it's hard and requires endurance and strength. But I still think it sucks.

/end rant.

Sorry for offending the cross fitters.

Sooooo you hate, I dunno, how much of the summer Olympics? Half? :lol: