The other sports thread

Eleven

Who the F are all these guys I've never heard of that are getting NBA max deals?

And why is the highest paid player in basketball, like the 12th best point guard in the league? And he's also never been an all star.

NBA free agency be crazy, yo!

Who the F are all these guys I've never heard of that are getting NBA max deals?

And why is the highest paid player in basketball, like the 12th best point guard in the league? And he's also never been an all star.

NBA free agency be crazy, yo!

The cap went from $70 million to $94 million, so yea, huge money being tossed around.

That's a guaranteed money comparison. NFL has worked hard to reduce guaranteed money. You could make a similar comparison with the top 6-7 NHL contracts.

Its also a comparison of one leagues best players (yes i realize Cousins is in there) and another league's...uh...players.

That's a guaranteed money comparison. NFL has worked hard to reduce guaranteed money. You could make a similar comparison with the top 6-7 NHL contracts.

This shows you what a joke the NFLPA is.  Instead of getting higher pay for its best players in a league with profits that must far surpass those of the NBA, and instead of taking certain steps towards safety measures, they're focusing their efforts on defending cheating in our federal courts.

Buster Posey is legit.

Oh and the cameras were not the problem. It was the production crew. They need to know when to switch from camera to camera. They had to have missed 40% of the swings last night. They were terrible!

It really was. I shouldn't be surprised, given how terrible ESPN is now

MLB ASG, they do it right

Except the part where their All Star Game decides home-field advantage for the World Series which is nuckin futs.

I'm indifferent to that really. I get the idea behind adding incentive to it, but it's already great because it's the only ASG where they can still play the game the same

Fan voting is still stupid af though

I'm indifferent to that really.

24 of the last 30 World Series winners have had home-field advantage. I'd say that's a significant enough number to think it's important. The fact that an All-Star game where each team is required to have at least one representatives and average players get voted in based on popularity could decide a champion is absolutely ludicrous and everybody should have a pitchfork ready if they care about baseball in the slightest.

24 of the last 30 World Series winners have had home-field advantage. I'd say that's a significant enough number to think it's important. The fact that an All-Star game where each team is required to have at least one representatives and average players get voted in based on popularity could decide a champion is absolutely ludicrous and everybody should have a pitchfork ready if they care about baseball in the slightest.

Fans vote in less than 1/4 of the roster and getting to 1-rep per team still leaves you with 20 open spots. More than enough to build your league's beat 1-game roster.

And since they made the switch, only 4 series have gone 6 or 7 games, and those series have been split 2-2 between the home team and the away team. The old way was just alternating AL/NL, and with the massively unbalanced schedules in baseball, going by best record would be just as random.