The other sports thread

Eleven

Sure is. Did you happen to notice the viewing party outside the arena? And ABC didn't force the league to shut it down. Huh, go figure, the network doesn't have to be petty when the product is good.

I did see that. Screw the NHL. 

If they ever try to shut something like that down in Buffalo when we're back in the playoffs again, I swear to god...

36-year-old, bionic-artificial-hipped Colby Lewis threw 7 2/3 innings of perfect pitching today, and ended up allowing a run on two hits in a complete game Texas Rangers victory over the Oakland A's.  He did a lot of conditioning in the off-season riding his bicycle, losing 30 lb. over the winter.  Not bad for an "old" guy.

1463797352-533126222.jpg

Edited by Robin Egg

That's my gut. But man with Bogut not out there protecting the rim and Iguodala barely able to walk...how do they stop LeBron and Kylie unless they just go cold? If the Cavs can pull it off, LeBron goes from being an all-time great to legendary.

Edit: And why is LeBron still out there? Give that man some rest.

If Iggy is as limited as he was in game 6, then I think game 7 is a toss up.

LeBron's last 2 games have been all-timers.

O's took a 2-run lead into the 9th against Toronto, but Zach Britton wanted to make it exciting, so, with one out he loaded the bases for the reigning AL MVP. And then got Donaldson to ground into an easy 4-6-3 to end the game.

God I love baseball.

Edited by Whiskey Bottle of Emotion

I'm more excited for this than I was the SB

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this might be the biggest basketball game we ever see. In any given season, it obviously doesn't get any bigger than game 7 of the Finals. Tack on all that's on the line, and this one is enormous. Either the Dubs stake their claim as greatest single season team of all time, or the Cavs deliver Cleveland their long overdue title as LeBron cements his legacy. The first team to come down from 3-1? First player to lead a series in every major statistical category? If he wins, I think it takes him from "in the discussion to top 5 ever" to #2 behind MJ. So much on the line.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this might be the biggest basketball game we ever see. In any given season, it obviously doesn't get any bigger than game 7 of the Finals. Tack on all that's on the line, and this one is enormous. Either the Dubs stake their claim as greatest single season team of all time, or the Cavs deliver Cleveland their long overdue title as LeBron cements his legacy. The first team to come down from 3-1? First player to lead a series in every major statistical category? If he wins, I think it takes him from "in the discussion to top 5 ever" to #2 behind MJ. So much on the line.

Agreed 100%. Well said

Love cannot be useless this game. He has to hit those open 3's.

Why did the Cavs start Love? I'm so confused.

Not sure why they'd mess with a winning formula

Agreed 100%. Well said

Love cannot be useless this game. He has to hit those open 3's.

Not sure why they'd mess with a winning formula

To paraphrase Chan Gailey: It's Kevin's turn.

I'm putting off watching Snow vs. Bolton in GoT tonight for this game. That says it all!