The other sports thread

Eleven

Pretty sure it wasn't the bat flip that pissed BC off but rather the little dance thing he did before crossing the plate & whatever he said to the catcher.

It was this.

But anyway, on bat flips: You flip the bat on a walk off, great. You win, everyone goes home. You flip the bat in the middle of the game, you're taking 95mph to your numbers.

I know it wasn't brought up, but closers celebrating has rubbed "purists" the wrong way too. I don't get that. They just struck out the side to nail down the game, they're allowed to be jacked up.

Umpires who don't let the pitchers police the game irritate me. You hit my cleanup batter with a fastball when he's got 3 RBI and I'm damn sure gonna hit yours. The umps that toss players or dish out warnings before the other team gets their comeuppance are some of the reason that things get dragged out to the next time teams see each other. Let them settle it on that day so we can get on with the season. I've been thrown at, and I've throw at hitters. It's the game. When you get hit, you smile and call the pitcher a rag arm. When you hit a guy, you ask him if he wants your autograph on the bruise.

Baseball is awesome!

It was this.

But anyway, on bat flips: You flip the bat on a walk off, great. You win, everyone goes home. You flip the bat in the middle of the game, you're taking 95mph to your numbers.

I know it wasn't brought up, but closers celebrating has rubbed "purists" the wrong way too. I don't get that. They just struck out the side to nail down the game, they're allowed to be jacked up.

Umpires who don't let the pitchers police the game irritate me. You hit my cleanup batter with a fastball when he's got 3 RBI and I'm damn sure gonna hit yours. The umps that toss players or dish out warnings before the other team gets their comeuppance are some of the reason that things get dragged out to the next time teams see each other. Let them settle it on that day so we can get on with the season. I've been thrown at, and I've throw at hitters. It's the game. When you get hit, you smile and call the pitcher a rag arm. When you hit a guy, you ask him if he wants your autograph on the bruise.

Baseball is awesome!

Any sport where more time is spent standing around doing nothing than in action sucks.

*discreetly scans the room*

*returns to watching football*

Any sport where more time is spent standing around doing nothing than in action sucks.

*discreetly scans the room*

*returns to watching football*

Football: 5 minutes of actual play per 60 minutes.

Baseball: 9 innings of non stop awesomeness!

Yeah, if more people flipped bats and stared down the pitcher after cranking a home run and did fun stuff like that, I'd be a lot more inclined to spend time watching the sport. People get on Curry for turning away as soon as he shoots a 3 pointer, and football players for celebrating touchdowns, but I want more of that. One of my favorite regular season NHL memories is Ovechkin's "stick on fire" celebration.

I'm definitely not Curry's biggest fan. These things are partly why: the 1:20 mark specifically.

The 3's this team makes aren't even fair. Cabs are playing good defense and the Warriors are just making insane shots

I watch in disbelief. It shouldn't be possible with the regularity they do it. I think that's part of what makes playing them so difficult--other teams you can say "okay so they got hot for a half, they'll cool off, just keep plugging away"...but with the Warriors, you know there's a really good chance they won't cool off because they're just that good.

The NBA can eat a big bag of.....as far as I'm concerned. But this is a really good game. Seriously, I turned off baseball to watch pro basketball and I don't hate myself for it.

Oh it's an incredible game. Klay and LeBron are both on pace for 50 tonight. Love is on pace to win Finals LVP Edited by WildCard

Oh it's an incredible game. Klay and LeBron are both on pace for 50 tonight. Love is on pace to win Finals LVP

Kevin Love sucks so bad! Seriously, what happened after UCLA? That's a serious question, as I don't watch the NBA.

Oh it's an incredible game. Klay and LeBron are both on pace for 50 tonight. Love is on pace to win Finals LVP

Remember when everyone thought the Warriors were nuts for keeping Klay as untouchable in Love trade talks? Or when Love was the "perfect" stretch-4 to play with LeBron? Welp. Now the Cavs are going to have to sell love for 25 cents on the dollar just to get out from under his contract and spend the money on something moderately useful. Could you imagine having someone as athletic and defensively capable as Wiggins instead of Love/Jefferson? This Cavs team would be so different.

For emphasis: Kevin Love has been relegated to bench work in favor of Richard Jefferson, whom I barely even remembered was in the league.

Kevin Love sucks so bad! Seriously, what happened after UCLA? That's a serious question, as I don't watch the NBA.

He put up massive numbers in Minnesota (was a ~25-12 guy who could shoot the 3). Was a monster. Apparently he's the poster child for what Bill Simmons would call a "good stats bad team guy"--when he dominates the ball and is the best option he's great, but when he's playing second (or third) fiddle, his liabilities (see: Hodgson-esque defense) are rudely exposed.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Remember when everyone thought the Warriors were nuts for keeping Klay as untouchable in Love trade talks? Or when Love was the "perfect" stretch-4 to play with LeBron? Welp. Now the Cavs are going to have to sell love for 25 cents on the dollar just to get out from under his contract and spend the money on something moderately useful. Could you imagine having someone as athletic and defensively capable as Wiggins instead of Love/Jefferson? This Cavs team would be so different.

For emphasis: Kevin Love has been relegated to bench work in favor of Richard Jefferson, whom I barely even remembered was in the league.

He put up massive numbers in Minnesota (was a ~25-12 guy who could shoot the 3). Was a monster. Apparently he's the poster child for what Bill Simmons would call a "good stats bad team guy"--when he dominates the ball and is the best option he's great, but when he's playing second (or third) fiddle, his liabilities (see: Hodgson-esque defense) are rudely exposed.

Jefferson looked good in game 3. No Love was addition by subtraction.

Golf is actually really fun to watch. I love watching golf

I have faith in Adam Silver to fix this sooner than later.

I wonder what that's like, having faith in your commissioner

Yeah, Love on Curry is not going to work well for you Cleveland

Varejao's flopping is embarrassing. He looks like old Vlade Divac against prime Shaq.

Golf is actually really fun to watch. I love watching golf
I wonder what that's like, having faith in your commissioner

Yeah, Love on Curry is not going to work well for you Cleveland

I love watching golf too...when I'm trying to take a nap and can't fall asleep.