Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

The biggest EPL question right now is ... will Man City surrender a goal this season.

Now 4 - 0 and all 4 wins were shut outs ... awesome.

It is true, they are on a mission.

GO MAN CITY!!

Don't even know where Debruyne will fit in to be honest.

Currently listening to tenBBC's Football Daily podcast. Louis Van Gaal Is actually Andy Kauffman. I swear. If he can spend more than a quarter of a billion dollars on players and still have nothing better than "hoof it towards Fellani" then I might as well be in charge. He's lucky Liverpool and Chelsea are also dumpster fires currently. Interested to see what Arsenal do before the window closes. I think it's either City or Arsenal this year. Probably City, but we (I) can always hope...

His best position would be a pure CAM or CF......He can play a pretty solid CM as well.........If they make him play the wing or CDM he will not be as effective.

You might be thinking of the wrong guy? Kevin de Bruyne is not a CF. He plays primary on the wing and CAM. Last season for Wolfsburg, he played mostly CAM but did play a few times RM or LM. Thats where he is mostly used on Belgium NT. They will NOT ever use him as a CDM, as he plays zero defense. He is a horrific defender and if he loses the ball he checks out of the play. That will be the big question about him in England. With Wolfsburg, his defensive liability only really effected him vs. Bayern Munich but it was okay as Bayern was always expected to beat them. In the PL, there are several teams and he can get exposed fairly quickly. I am not sure he can be successful for a club such as Man City but i guess we will find out.

You might be thinking of the wrong guy? Kevin de Bruyne is not a CF. He plays primary on the wing and CAM. Last season for Wolfsburg, he played mostly CAM but did play a few times RM or LM. Thats where he is mostly used on Belgium NT. They will NOT ever use him as a CDM, as he plays zero defense. He is a horrific defender and if he loses the ball he checks out of the play. That will be the big question about him in England. With Wolfsburg, his defensive liability only really effected him vs. Bayern Munich but it was okay as Bayern was always expected to beat them. In the PL, there are several teams and he can get exposed fairly quickly. I am not sure he can be successful for a club such as Man City but i guess we will find out.

CF and CAM are very close positions actually, if you play with a striker over top.......And when he played LW or RW he is not in his best position, he does not have the lightning speed to play wing.

His best position would be a pure CAM or CF......He can play a pretty solid CM as well.........If they make him play the wing or CDM he will not be as effective.

Thing is he likes the rush, counterattacks with him are very effective.  On a domaniting team who don't play a decent vertical game most of his talent will get lost.

He'll certainly start out on the flank though, his crosses are to good.

Edited by Huckleberry

Germany looked headed the right way with a 3-1 win at home to Poland.....Goétze looked great at false nine.....Still looking for a replacement for Lahm at RB, Emre Caan from liverpool filled in nicely, but was out of position several times which lead to the Poland goal.......All for goals from the Match were scored by Bayern Boys and they were all very nice goals.

BiH ...  :(

Next match is tomorrow ... home, in Zenica, against Andorra.  

They need to win that match something like 10 - 0 and then hope and pray they have a chance at 3rd in Group B and play for a play off spot.

That cyprus loss is really hurting you guys, we got lucky barely got away with 0-1 win today after playing our crappiest game in over 4 years.

Edited by Huckleberry

That cyprus loss is really hurting you guys, we got lucky barely got away with 0-1 win today after playing our crappiest game in over 4 years.

Yup.

A hangover from the WC qualification and the drama of their manager resigning and then coming back contributed to the Cyprus let down in the opening match.  

Their manager (a Sucic ... a legend in Yugoslav football) has since retired.

They played well yesterday against Andorra.

Two matches left ... Wales and a Cyprus re-match.  Really need to win both in a big way to have a chance at third spot in their group.

Yup.

A hangover from the WC qualification and the drama of their manager resigning and then coming back contributed to the Cyprus let down in the opening match.  

Their manager (a Sucic ... a legend in Yugoslav football) has since retired.

They played well yesterday against Andorra.

Two matches left ... Wales and a Cyprus re-match.  Really need to win both in a big way to have a chance at third spot in their group.

And then you might be unlucky in drawing turkey or something like that, alot of good teams are going to end up in 3rd place because of a few surprises.

Like austria, iceland, all doing well.

In our group wales and Israel are doing much better than they usually do, cyprus with 9 points isn't common either.

Edited by Huckleberry

And then you might be unlucky in drawing turkey or something like that, alot of good teams are going to end up in 3rd place because of a few surprises.

Like austria, iceland, all doing well.

In Euro 2012 and WC 2014 qualifying BiH ended up in the play off.  Both times against Portugal.  Needless to say, the fix was in and the obvious result was pre-ordained, which did come about ... at the time there was no way that the powers that be would have BiH in either of those tourneys over Portugal and CR7.

Germany looked headed the right way with a 3-1 win at home to Poland.....Goétze looked great at false nine.....Still looking for a replacement for Lahm at RB, Emre Caan from liverpool filled in nicely, but was out of position several times which lead to the Poland goal.......All for goals from the Match were scored by Bayern Boys and they were all very nice goals.

Germany plays such beautiful team football.  They are so smart, and their movement off the ball is tremendous.  As a former center midfielder, I've just been drawn to them in a big way.

I grew up loving Dutch football, but the Germans I have to admire.  Being half German doesn't hurt, in that respect.  I'm even starting to search out news on the Bundesliga, which only a few years ago, I considered a second tier league.  I'm considering getting an Augsburg jersey. 

In Euro 2012 and WC 2014 qualifying BiH ended up in the play off.  Both times against Portugal.  Needless to say, the fix was in and the obvious result was pre-ordained, which did come about ... at the time there was no way that the powers that be would have BiH in either of those tourneys over Portugal and CR7.

Portugal did seem to get lucky during qualification, but luck has always been on Ronaldo's side.  If only the rest of the Portuguese squad had such good luck, then they might have won a thing or two.  

Edited by I am Defecting

Germany plays such beautiful team football.  They are so smart, and their movement off the ball is tremendous.  As a former center midfielder, I've just been drawn to them in a big way.

I grew up loving Dutch football, but the Germans I have to admire.  Being half German doesn't hurt, in that respect.  I'm even starting to search out news on the Bundesliga, which only a few years ago, I considered a second tier league.  I'm considering getting an Augsburg jersey. 

The reason the bundesliga fell behind is because they were one of 3 european leagues forcing teams to get rid of debts.  As a result I expect the Spanish, English french league to get a massive drop off once their bubble bursts.   Italy has had it teams cut back on debt as well.

Only 3 european leagues are financially healthy, Germany, belgium and Norway I believe.   Time for that european financial fair play to kick in more.

The reason the bundesliga fell behind is because they were one of 3 european leagues forcing teams to get rid of debts.  As a result I expect the Spanish, English french league to get a massive drop off once their bubble bursts.   Italy has had it teams cut back on debt as well.

Only 3 european leagues are financially healthy, Germany, belgium and Norway I believe.   Time for that european financial fair play to kick in more.

That's good info.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Man City lost ...  :(

I don't see what all the hubbub is all about concerning the Hotspur jerseygate ...  :unsure:

In other news ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/sepp-blatter-crimininal-proceedings-1.3243646

... someone is going to find a horses head in their bed.