Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

I'm assuming this refers to Real's first goal.

Indeed it did.  I feel bad about it now, considering what happened shortly afterwards... I've done the old "right through the hands" trick in beer league and wanted to immediately find a deep, dark cave to live in for awhile.  

I can't imagine what that poor kid is going through right now.  

Indeed it did.  I feel bad about it now, considering what happened shortly afterwards... I've done the old "right through the hands" trick in beer league and wanted to immediately find a deep, dark cave to live in for awhile.  

I can't imagine what that poor kid is going through right now.  

It was the dumbest thing I've seen a keeper do in a long, long time.  What happened shortly afterwards?

Oh wow. I had stopped watching at that point. 

Still, as bad as that was, it wasn't as bad as the first one!

Edited by Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

Watching an MLS game because that’s how bored I am currently. L.A. Galaxy v. Real Salt Lake.

Leaving how ridiculous “Real Salt Lake” is for a different rant... Zlatan Ibrahimovic is an absolute parody of himself at this point. Dude, whatever they’re paying you can’t be worth it. Also, L.A. Galaxy: whatever you're paying him isn’t worth it...

I can see a first round exit happening for Belgium, I think the team lacks character and not taking Nainggolan with to Russia is a huge mistake.

Draw Panama, lose from Tunisia and draw England and we are out, I'm pretty pessimistic but yeah.   

Huckleberry, you will always know futbol and Belgium's team better than me, and as fellow Sabres fans I understand keeping the expectations low, but Belgium will be fine.  First of all, they're in the same group as England, the most over-rated club in the world for going on 2 or 3 World Cups now.  I looked at the odds (http://www.vegasinsider.com/soccer/odds/las-vegas/) and Belgium vs. Panama is the biggest mismatch in group play.

Why is Panama even in?  Yes, the epic collapse of the US is an obvious answer, but that aside, FIFA seems to have a Bettman-esque desire to spread the game to new places at the expense of places who play it better.  These are not my original thoughts, but CONCACAF has 1 too many berths.  Africa has 1 too many berths.  Asia does, too, and why is there even an Oceania?  Italy BARELY made it in, and they don't suck!

Huckleberry, you will always know futbol and Belgium's team better than me, and as fellow Sabres fans I understand keeping the expectations low, but Belgium will be fine.  First of all, they're in the same group as England, the most over-rated club in the world for going on 2 or 3 World Cups now.  I looked at the odds (http://www.vegasinsider.com/soccer/odds/las-vegas/) and Belgium vs. Panama is the biggest mismatch in group play.

Why is Panama even in?  Yes, the epic collapse of the US is an obvious answer, but that aside, FIFA seems to have a Bettman-esque desire to spread the game to new places at the expense of places who play it better.  These are not my original thoughts, but CONCACAF has 1 too many berths.  Africa has 1 too many berths.  Asia does, too, and why is there even an Oceania?  Italy BARELY made it in, and they don't suck!

Erm, Italy didn't make it in...

I can see a first round exit happening for Belgium, I think the team lacks character and not taking Nainggolan with to Russia is a huge mistake.

Draw Panama, lose from Tunisia and draw England and we are out, I'm pretty pessimistic but yeah.   

This is something we've seen time and again at the World Cup. On paper a team should be fantastic due to individual talent at each position. But, sometimes a team full of star players doesn't want to "roll up their sleeves and get dirty" so to speak...they don't play with a killer instinct... and they lose (or draw) to less talented but more motivated sides that play with an edge.

That said, it'd be hard to not pick Belgium to make it out of group play. I don't think Panama and Tunisia offer much offensively. And, England always craps the bed at major tournaments.

Why is Panama even in? Yes, the epic collapse of the US is an obvious answer, but that aside, FIFA seems to have a Bettman-esque desire to spread the game to new places at the expense of places who play it better. These are not my original thoughts, but CONCACAF has 1 too many berths. Africa has 1 too many berths. Asia does, too, and why is there even an Oceania? Italy BARELY made it in, and they don't suck!

Ha - The Euros are in 2020. This here’s the _World_ Cup.

Also: Is World Cup 2022 the one where ... 48? teams qualify and do group play in ... pods of 3?

Ha - The Euros are in 2020. This here’s the _World_ Cup.

Also: Is World Cup 2022 the one where ... 48? teams qualify and do group play in ... pods of 3?

I think that isn't until 2026.

This is something we've seen time and again at the World Cup. On paper a team should be fantastic due to individual talent at each position. But, sometimes a team full of star players doesn't want to "roll up their sleeves and get dirty" so to speak...they don't play with a killer instinct... and they lose (or draw) to less talented but more motivated sides that play with an edge.

That said, it'd be hard to not pick Belgium to make it out of group play. I don't think Panama and Tunisia offer much offensively. And, England always craps the bed at major tournaments.

Panama maybe not, but Tunisia is a strong team, spain barely drawed vs them a few days ago.

I've got Belgium this year. Lukaku is gonna have a huge tournament.

Our set up is all wrong, Martinez has them play a 3-4-3 formation.

De Bruyne is forced to play to low and away from the goal to much and he has the rest of the team play to high.

Our midfield and flanks will be overrun against good teams.    He should switch to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Hate it when a Coach uses the wrong tactic for his players  :censored: