Leino's comments in Buffalo News!

deluca67

1. I didn't start anything.

2. Grow up.

3. I'm allowed to ignore you because you're a child.

4. It's not my job to deal with you. That's what the mods are for. If someone else wants to hold your hand and teach you how to post on this forum then more power to them. It's not my problem. If you wanted anyone to take you seriously, you'd have changed your tune by now. But you don't, and you haven't. So go screw.

Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

edit: It's been a loooong time since I had to ignore someone on this forum. Today's your lucky day.

i feel so special, im actually glad that i pissed you off that much that you would ignore me. WORD.

dont ignore me you coward. you started the fight. like always. COWARD.

If you have an issue with someone's opinion discuss it with them, do not act like a troll and a child. If you do lose your temper and end up insulting someone, especially a veteran member like d4rksabre the best thing to do is apologise.

If you have an issue with someone's opinion discuss it with them, do not act like a troll and a child. If you do lose your temper and end up insulting someone, especially a veteran member like d4rksabre the best thing to do is apologise.

HAHA im not apologizing dude. that guy always starts with me. and i dont care how long hes been here what the hell does that matter? so just because hes been here on a forum that means absolutely nothing in the real world, means he can directly insult me time after time? i dont care how long youve been here you aint gonna be a prick and get away with it. hes the one who actually needs to grow up and accept other peoples opinions and accept the fact that the whole world does not go by his standards. that guy is most arrogant person ive ever seen in my life. straight up.

mom upside down

I read that and immediatly thought of "MOM MEATLOAF!!!!"

HAHA im not apologizing dude. that guy always starts with me. and i dont care how long hes been here what the hell does that matter? so just because hes been here on a forum that means absolutely nothing in the real world, means he can directly insult me time after time? i dont care how long youve been here you aint gonna be a prick and get away with it. hes the one who actually needs to grow up and accept other peoples opinions and accept the fact that the whole world does not go by his standards. that guy is most arrogant person ive ever seen in my life. straight up.

HAHA word yo?

The three year plan is in place. Expecting anything to change in the meantime is essentially using your head to beat a wall down.

So where did Pegula get the brilliant idea of locking himself into the Regier/Ruff regime for 3 years? Ralph Wilson Jr? That's about how long that old cheap-chiseler keeps his lame coaches and GMs in the post-Polian era. 3 years - fire. 3 years - fire. 3 years - fire.

The only reason Mularkey didn't make it 3 years - he quit. And we can see how superb that strategy has worked for the Bills. Makes me SO happy I am a Giants fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My analogy of Ruff and Regier's jobs at the Sabres being akin to protected union factory jobs is looking wiser and wiser by the day. A really BAD strategy for building a championship hockey team. A good team like the Caps fires their coach mid-season... and they STILL make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

You go buy the team then. If you can't, then accept the fact that you have no control.

Well then maybe I will. So there. :P

I realize I have no other control than to stop supporting the team monetarily and I can't actually get to games so maybe I'll put off buying that new hat next season or not buy a new jersey. That'll teach him. What I can do and whats well within my rights as a fan is have an opinion on how the team is run and to verbalize how I feel they could make it work better. Doesn't matter that I may be wrong. Its my opinion. And the banter between fans like you and others is what makes it fun. Wife thinks I'm nuts but after 35 years following the highs and lows of this team I'd want it no other way.

Well then maybe I will. So there. :P

I realize I have no other control than to stop supporting the team monetarily and I can't actually get to games so maybe I'll put off buying that new hat next season or not buy a new jersey. That'll teach him. What I can do and whats well within my rights as a fan is have an opinion on how the team is run and to verbalize how I feel they could make it work better. Doesn't matter that I may be wrong. Its my opinion. And the banter between fans like you and others is what makes it fun. Wife thinks I'm nuts but after 35 years following the highs and lows of this team I'd want it no other way.

With all the different social media now available the voice of the average fan has never been louder. The Sabres are fully aware of what is being said on this board and others like it. Times have progressed far beyond the days of angry letters to the editor.

With all the different social media now available the voice of the average fan has never been louder. The Sabres are fully aware of what is being said on this board and others like it. Times have progressed far beyond the days of angry letters to the editor.

But the voice isn't that much louder. That's the rub. We think our voice is louder, but it's not. Do the Sabres brass really care what we have to say with regard to front office decisions such as the tenure of Ruff and Regier? Sure, we can ask them for beer holders in the bathrooms but that's about all the power we have via social media.

Fan power lies with ticket sales and nothing else. That is the only way Pegula would hear us. But as long as the fanbase as a whole continues to sell out games and buy tons of season tickets, he's going to do what he wants. Because it's his money and his business plan.

Saying something like "How many more years do we give them?" implies some sort of collective consensus. Some element of control that says we can all agree enough to affect change. The people will rise up and demand that Ruff and Regier be dismissed!

It wont happen. The prospect of potential success is enough to keep people happy and buying tickets and therefore that consensus will not be achieved.

Of course there's discontentment with Ruff and Regier. I don't have any problem with people expressing that frustration. But doing so under the premise of achieving both a universal consensus and then affecting change just irks me. :wacko:

But the voice isn't that much louder. That's the rub. We think our voice is louder, but it's not. Do the Sabres brass really care what we have to say with regard to front office decisions such as the tenure of Ruff and Regier? Sure, we can ask them for beer holders in the bathrooms but that's about all the power we have via social media.

Fan power lies with ticket sales and nothing else. That is the only way Pegula would hear us. But as long as the fanbase as a whole continues to sell out games and buy tons of season tickets, he's going to do what he wants. Because it's his money and his business plan.

Saying something like "How many more years do we give them?" implies some sort of collective consensus. Some element of control that says we can all agree enough to affect change. The people will rise up and demand that Ruff and Regier be dismissed!

It wont happen. The prospect of potential success is enough to keep people happy and buying tickets and therefore that consensus will not be achieved.

Of course there's discontentment with Ruff and Regier. I don't have any problem with people expressing that frustration. But doing so under the premise of achieving both a universal consensus and then affecting change just irks me. :wacko:

I think that the fans do have a say, but the fact of the matter is, whilst many people like to pretend they know what this team is like, and what kind of a coach Ruff is etc. we have no clue. Thus, listening to us would be like asking a blindman to explain a painting, sure he can make some comment by the way it feels, but the detail won't be there. Plus, to an extent i think a fan should just enjoy the season/team/future rather than endlessly revel in misery, disappointment and what ifs. You have no say over the team, nor do you have a right to, so you have a couple of choices: support the team or don't. If you chose the former, you might as well enjoy doing so :P

You are under-valuing the power and value of social media. The Sabres are fully aware of the discontent towards Ruff and Regier and they know it goes well beyond a couple of letters to the editor and a Jerry Sullivan column. That's the value in social media. It doesn't mean the Sabres have to act in any way based on the information, that's up to them what they do with it.

The Sabres are aware that the fans still buying tickets is a reflection of the strength of the WNY hockey market and not a reflection or referendum on the job they are doing.

You are under-valuing the power and value of social media. The Sabres are fully aware of the discontent towards Ruff and Regier and they know it goes well beyond a couple of letters to the editor and a Jerry Sullivan column. That's the value in social media. It doesn't mean the Sabres have to act in any way based on the information, that's up to them what they do with it.

The Sabres are aware that the fans still buying tickets is a reflection of the strength of the WNY hockey market and not a reflection or referendum on the job they are doing.

The whole idea of power is to force somebody to do something. If discontent through social media doesn't force the Sabres' hand, then it doesn't have power.

The whole idea of power is to force somebody to do something. If discontent through social media doesn't force the Sabres' hand, then it doesn't have power.

The power in social media is the amplifying of the fans voice. If that voice continues to get louder and louder it will have an impact. I can't say if it will ever get to a point where it forces any sports teams hand. it does give a team a clearer vision of where they stand with their fan base. If not for social media,Pegula would likely be sitting on the grass at the F'N center with a flower in his hair.

The power in social media is the amplifying of the fans voice. If that voice continues to get louder and louder it will have an impact. I can't say if it will ever get to a point where it forces any sports teams hand. it does give a team a clearer vision of where they stand with their fan base. If not for social media,Pegula would likely be sitting on the grass at the F'N center with a flower in his hair.

I just wonder if social media has grown beyond the perception yet that it's nothing more than a bunch of teenagers ranting senselessly. Obviously there are other people out there, but it still seems like so much of it is littered with idiots.

Even if you can move beyond that, I think it's a bit crazy to expect Pegula and Black to bend to the will of the fans when they have only been around for one year now. We as fans are still learning how they opperate just like they are learning exactly what is involved in running a professional sports organization in this market. You can't possibly step into a clearly defined role in just one year. This organization is still in the midst of a massive change that will continue over the next few years.

Your mechanic (Sabres brass' advisors) says you only need a tune up. A guy who's never worked on a car in his life but thinks he knows something about them because he likes to go to races and watches them on TV (fans on the internet), says you need a new engine.

Who are you going to believe?

Your mechanic (Sabres brass' advisors) says you only need a tune up. A guy who's never worked on a car in his life but thinks he knows something about them because he likes to go to races and watches them on TV (fans on the internet), says you need a new engine.

Who has more twitter followers?

Who has more twitter followers?

:lol: :clapping:

Well done.

Archived