GDT: Sabres at Bruins 4-07-2012 4:00PM

Weave

Your depictions of Stafford and Roy, I feel, are inaccurate.

I shouldn't have said complete disappearance. Stafford was a beast down the stretch. He was however almost completely invisible for most of the middle part of the season. My point was there is much better things to criticize than Vanek.

I shouldn't have said complete disappearance. Stafford was a beast down the stretch. He was however almost completely invisible for most of the middle part of the season. My point was there is much better things to criticize than Vanek.

It was Vanek's mid-season hiatus from scoring I think that has everybody angry, and frankly it really wasn't cool of him to just go ice cold that way... I would like to see what Vanek, Hodgson and Tropp could do with a full season together. Of course, that would mean a coach that doesn't juggle lines like a clown on acid juggling bowling pins....

I was pleased to see Boyes play so well. Take that you Boyes-haters. He was just saving his A-game for the grand finale!

EDIT: Your sarcasm-sense is tingling by the way.

:lol:

Ending the season with a loser point. That should be the name of the Sabres DVD yearbook. Loser Point: The story of the 2011-2012 Buffalo Sabres.

:lol:

In fairness though, if we were as proficient as Florida in getting loser points we'd be solidly in the playoffs!

Well ladies, whether we agree with each other, or disagree, or argee to disagree......... it was fun. Nice to come in here and blow off some steam or celebrate a big win. I hope nobody takes anything that's said on here too personal. I've been guilty of it once or twice. I've got my opinion of what should be done during the offseason. But we've got plenty of time for that. Enjoy this years playoffs and Happy Easter. I'm a heathen but being Sunday most of us would get a day off anyways. :angel:

Gonna go watch to see if the local team can win the division.

You ever work a job where you're just going through the motions? So has Vanek.

When I was 17, I cleaned furs in a fur place. After awhile, I did go through the motions a bit, I must admit, but I didn't get paid $7 million for it. I think you have to take these slugs who stole money from us fans and fire 'em all. You know who you are. For shame!

Gosh, I'm kind of a Leino fan. It's tough. He did score against Philly. It's the type of situation, where I blame Ruff, dammit. I see skill in Leino, and I see some passion, and grittiness too. He hasn't been finishing worth a ######, though, so he's tough to defend.

\

8 goals in a whole season? thats nearly impossible.

Well, that was a sad end to the season - up 3 - 1 in the third, only to blow the lead. That's the story of this team - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Unbelievable what a collapse there has been since that awesome victory against the Capitals to take the lead in the points race. What a difference 10 days makes.

The roster and coaching staff needs to be blown up during the off-season, and a lot of dead wood should get chopped.

Unfortunately Terry Pegula seems like too much of a Regier/Ruff fanboy to want to see heads roll and demand more for his money. Prediction is more mediocrity in 2012-2013. :(

Well, that was a sad end to the season - up 3 - 1 in the third, only to blow the lead. That's the story of this team - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Unbelievable what a collapse there has been since that awesome victory against the Capitals to take the lead in the points race. What a difference 10 days makes.

The roster and coaching staff needs to be blown up during the off-season, and a lot of dead wood should get chopped.

Unfortunately Terry Pegula seems like too much of a Regier/Ruff fanboy to want to see heads roll and demand more for his money. Prediction is more mediocrity in 2012-2013. :(

Right now, frustration is a Sabres fan's only friend. We have to hope that frustration has crept into Pegula's mind like that worm from Wrath of Khan.

Does any one know the actual dollar amount that Pegula spent on the 2011-12 Buffalo Sabres? I mean the total amount of cash paid to players.

Right now, frustration is a Sabres fan's only friend. We have to hope that frustration has crept into Pegula's mind like that worm from Wrath of Khan.

Does any one know the actual dollar amount that Pegula spent on the 2011-12 Buffalo Sabres? I mean the total amount of cash paid to players.

I don't know the exact figure with respect to all of the players, but earlier in the season I did a cursory calculation of the team purchase, facility upgrades, and amount committed to new contracts (over the life of those contracts). It came to about 10% of his net worth, in the $350 million range if I remember correctly.

Who cares? I'm so ####ing tired of hearing how Vanek has been playing hurt. It's the same dang story every year. EVERY player is playing hurt at this time of the year. He needs to sac up and play or get off the ice. An injury is no excuse for how invisible he has been for the last two months.

Not really. Not unless "EVERY player" is also standing in front of the net getting cross-checked in the back all year long. We only have one player who does that and the fans can't stop bitching about how little he cares. :rolleyes:

And despite being "invisible" he still managed to finish second on the team in points with 59. (Pominville had 52 points last year, BTW. Maybe we should have given up on him though...)

Right now, frustration is a Sabres fan's only friend. We have to hope that frustration has crept into Pegula's mind like that worm from Wrath of Khan

Not quite an exact amount, but I'll guess too much.

As for this team, I would not miss Leino, Boyes, Roy or Darcy next year. Not sure how I feel about Ruff coming back yet.

And one final note.....###### the Bruins, I hope Washington sends them packing early. I am looking forward to that Pens/Flyers series though. It should be ugly.

Not really. Not unless "EVERY player" is also standing in front of the net getting cross-checked in the back all year long. We only have one player who does that and the fans can't stop bitching about how little he cares. :rolleyes:

And despite being "invisible" he still managed to finish second on the team in points with 59. (Pominville had 52 points last year, BTW. Maybe we should have given up on him though...)

^ This. But yeah, he sucks. Let's trade him.

I was able to watch the first and third, but not post, until now. (Many are probably thankful for that last part.)

You know, there is something enjoyable about watching a Sabres game when there's nothing on the line. I think I've said that in years past, too. There just is; there's easy breathing and just watching the team.

And its flaws. They won't succeed with this, or a similar, roster, no matter who the coach. I saw Roy go in after a pass that was WAY ahead of him (from one of the rooks on D, so I'm not too concerned with the pass) and immediately thought that Stafford wouldn't have bothered with it. And Roy has his problems, as well. Gerbe and Kaleta are fun to watch, but one's not skilled enough, and the other isn't big enough (and maybe not skilled enough) to be a difference-maker. Cody McCormick, wow do I love his effort, but he's not ready for prime time. Enroth is Enroth, and no longer is ETHRON. This game, just like last year's Philly series, revealed a SKILL difference, not a coaching difference. That gap is closing, as we've all seen; when the Sabres are healthy, they compete.

Anyway, it still was fun.

And Robviously, your point on Vanek is well taken. Anyone who doesn't see this guy's effort game-in and game-out is simply out for blood, as far as I'm concerned. Is he overpriced? You bet. Is he a slacker? Never. Not one game that I ever have seen him play.

This is my problem with Ruff. Why is Vanek in front of the net getting abused? Your star player should be in open ice taking advantage of his talents. He is a good puck handler with a great shot. He shouldn't be used the way he is.

Archived