GDT: Sabres at Bruins 4-07-2012 4:00PM

Weave

Considering the circumstances, they played a pretty good game, where they could of just ran for the bus. I'm sure that Lindy busting their ###### in practice yesterday had a lot to do with that. :rolleyes: .

Everyone have a Happy Easter and a great off season. See you all next year.

535214_351459181556145_188704157831649_906829_575840243_n.jpg

Hasn't Vanek been playing w/ some type of injury?

Who cares? I'm so ####ing tired of hearing how Vanek has been playing hurt. It's the same dang story every year. EVERY player is playing hurt at this time of the year. He needs to sac up and play or get off the ice. An injury is no excuse for how invisible he has been for the last two months.

You're welcome. PS... we suck!

See you next year.

LOL indeed. It's been a fun couple of weeks, but now that the Sabres are out I have time to finish some of the work I've been putting off. Have a good offseason, folks.

Guest Sloth

Who cares? I'm so ####ing tired of hearing how Vanek has been playing hurt. It's the same dang story every year. EVERY player is playing hurt at this time of the year. He needs to sac up and play or get off the ice. An injury is no excuse for how invisible he has been for the last two months.

Not going to argue w/ that.

I can agree with this. I think the true debate is whether it's him, Lindy, his line mates, or "Yes". All of those seem like reasonable places to lay blame, which makes things difficult.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller and Vanek traded before next season. Boom goes the dynamite.

I would be extremely surprised by that. Those would be two very bold moves that would also be extremely unpopular with a majority of the fan base. One maybe, but not both.

OK, listening to Koziol and crew here, I just gotta ask, why would Darcy Regier go and break the bank for Leino without making sure that he's Ruff's kind of guy? Say what you want about our "core", I'm with the caller I just heard, the "core", once we dumped Connolly and finally Gaustad, all KINDA stepped up and played well, unless you say that Vanek shouldn't have had the drop-off he did there.

No, the guys who failed us were Leino and Boyes, hands down.

Between Miller's pathetic display during BFLO's suck phase, Stafford's complete disappearance, Leino and Boyes going through the motions, Roy coughing up more pucks than you can count......... Vanek is today's whipping boy? Seriously? The guy who pretty much singlehandedly carry the team with P-ville for the first half of the season? As much pressure as was put on him and as many key situations he was the only one to rely on, I'm surprised he wasn't more hurt than he probably is.

Gosh, I'm kind of a Leino fan. It's tough. He did score against Philly. It's the type of situation, where I blame Ruff, dammit. I see skill in Leino, and I see some passion, and grittiness too. He hasn't been finishing worth a ######, though, so he's tough to defend.

Between Miller's pathetic display during BFLO's suck phase, Stafford's complete disappearance, Leino and Boyes going through the motions, Roy coughing up more pucks than you can count......... Vanek is today's whipping boy? Seriously? The guy who pretty much singlehandedly carry the team with P-ville for the first half of the season? As much pressure as was put on him and as many key situations he was the only one to rely on, I'm surprised he wasn't more hurt than he probably is.

Your depictions of Stafford and Roy, I feel, are inaccurate.

Gosh, I'm kind of a Leino fan. It's tough. He did score against Philly. It's the type of situation, where I blame Ruff, dammit. I see skill in Leino, and I see some passion, and grittiness too. He hasn't been finishing worth a ######, though, so he's tough to defend.

Blaming Ruff was something I used to do alot when I was also calling Roy a "locker room cancer" and riding the anti-Stafford bandwagon. I need to be consistent and, as I am changing my stance a bit with Derek and Drew, I have to also stop claiming it's Lindy's fault when guys mail games in....like today, when Leino decided to do so. That's all on the player. And that is bullcrap of him to do that. #### Leino right now.

Archived