GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

while this was a massive massive win. what's more important (for me anyway) is that this game is a huge middle finger to anyone that doesn't think buffalo is a playoff worthy team. if playing half the game with four defenders, having your captain make the captain of the other team and one of the darlings of the league look like he'd just been called up from the AHL, then score a shorthanded goal and have your goalie make 44 saves aren't signs of a playoff worthy team. then i have no idea what is. nights like this makes me proud to call myself a fan.

Guest Sloth

Games like that make the investment in NHL CenterIce all worth it!

That is so true! Earlier this season, I was thinking I wasted some money. But now the Sabres are showing it was/is worth it! If the Sabres make the playoffs, I'll be ecstatic. The playoffs is a brand new season and I don't care what anyone says. If I'm a number 1 or 2 seed, I do not want to play the Sabres. This team is smokin'!

Not to be reactionary, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable had we not blown that late point against Colorado a couple of weeks ago. Having just that one point would make a world of difference right now given tie-breakers. But, hopefully it won't matter...

I'm so completely jacked up for this game I want to go out and play. Seriously, my adrenaline is pumping big time and it's only 11am and I have no direct involvement with the game. Imagine how the players are feeling! For the first time all year I believe in this team, I expect it to win, and to do so in a fairly convincing fashion. I expect them to play their best game of the season, and if they do so, they're simply better than the Caps. Sabres, 4-2.

:nana:

Great game. Outstanding effort. They hung in there when the D pairings went all to hell and things got dicey and buried their chances to take momentum away. I thought that the Caps could've had this game if they wanted it after we went 2 D down. If I'm a Cap fan I am pissed at Ovie today. His selfish play really helped seal the win for Buffalo. Too much dangling and those offsides when he was barreling in without regard for what the puck carrier was doing should be unforgiveable

I hate to do the thread bleed but I really think that the extra size we have in the lineup right now is a big benefit. The refs appear to be in playoff mode already. I like the way the bigger guys are fighting through the muck and making things easier for our skill guys.

Guest Sloth

But I don't like that: Us - Wash

Shots on Goal 31 45

I think that is in large part due to lack of d-men in the game. Buffalo was outshooting the Capital after 1st period by 5 or 6. Plus, Washington began to take low % shots.

Archived