GDT: Minnesota at Washington (3/25/2012, 5:00pm)

deluca67

How do you figure? The Sabres are the 2nd hottest team in the NHL and would just need to beat WSH over a stretch of 6 games.

WSH is a really good team. They aren't going to drop out, they are prob going to win 3-4 out of 6 left (not including winning this one), Ottawa is only 2 ahead, so hopefully they drop to give buffalo 8th

Chmera, OV and Semin are all playing well. Keep your fingers crossed that Backstrom doesn't get cleared to play for Tuesday...

Mr Hamrlik, Mr Shanahan will be calling...

That was a great goal by OV..

WSH is a really good team. They aren't going to drop out, they are prob going to win 3-4 out of 6 left (not including winning this one), Ottawa is only 2 ahead, so hopefully they drop to give buffalo 8th

I don't know how many Caps games you've seen this year, but they're not a really good team. They don't score particularly well, they don't defend particularly well, and they don't have particularly strong goaltending. If they were a really good team they'd be ahead of Florida in their division. They're simply average.

I don't know how many Caps games you've seen this year, but they're not a really good team. They don't score particularly well, they don't defend particularly well, and they don't have particularly strong goaltending. If they were a really good team they'd be ahead of Florida in their division. They're simply average.

True, but they are pretty hot right now. Sabers HAVE to win Tuesday if they want in...

Thanks for nothin, ya bums.

I go back and forth in my head trying to figure out if it would be better to have them on a 2-game losing streak or having won this one. I could make an argument for both. Bottom line is Buffalo controls their destiny and a win in DC is a must. The place will be rocking on Tuesday..

I go back and forth in my head trying to figure out if it would be better to have them on a 2-game losing streak or having won this one. I could make an argument for both. Bottom line is Buffalo controls their destiny and a win in DC is a must. The place will be rocking on Tuesday..

Indeed. The Sabres have to look at this game as though it was a game 7. I am pretty nervous about this game though I must admit...

Looked like that hit a stick to me.

Edit: definitely hit stick. Goal. BS!!!!!!

If you're referring to that delay of game penalty, that was disgusting. Were the officials trying to help Washington get a PP goal???

NHL officiating is terrible even without that bum Shanahan waiting in the wings to make it worse.

Guest Sloth

Indeed. The Sabres have to look at this game as though it was a game 7. I am pretty nervous about this game though I must admit...

You're not the only one, MadCap. If the Sabres win, I think they'll make it. If they lose, break out the golf clubs. What bites for me is I won't be able to watch the game. I'll be checking the score on the cell phone, though. Let's go Sabres!

If you're referring to that delay of game penalty, that was disgusting. Were the officials trying to help Washington get a PP goal???

NHL officiating is terrible even without that bum Shanahan waiting in the wings to make it worse.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. There was also the gift PP in the first period for the phantom boarding call on Clutterbuck. That call was even worse I thought, although the caps didn't score on that one.

You're not the only one, MadCap. If the Sabres win, I think they'll make it. If they lose, break out the golf clubs. What bites for me is I won't be able to watch the game. I'll be checking the score on the cell phone, though. Let's go Sabres!

I think this will depend on tonights game more. If the Sens beat the Jets in Winnipeg, then I would agree with you on tomorrows game. If the Sens lose tonight, they still have Ottawa to chase for a spot too.Ottawa's slide has really helped the bottom open up a little and gives the Sabres an even better chance of getting in. It really would have helped if Pittsburgh would have showed up on Saturday night though..........

Washington wins and our chance of making the playoffs drops 19.7%

Buffalo wins and their chances go up 25.7%

There is no arguing this is the biggest game of the whole season.

Washington wins and our chance of making the playoffs drops 19.7%

Buffalo wins and their chances go up 25.7%

There is no arguing this is the biggest game of the whole season.

Your mix of 'our' and 'their' when referring (I think) to the same group of people is intriguing.

Your mix of 'our' and 'their' when referring (I think) to the same group of people is intriguing.

Let me clarify

Washington wins and Sabres chance of making the playoffs drops 19.7%

Buffalo wins and Sabres chances go up 25.7%

Archived