GDT: Buffalo at New York Rangers (3/23/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/15717/ryan-miller-on-sabres-run-preseason-hype

Pretty good interview with Miller from Pierre LeBrun. Taking what he said at face value it looks like at least a good part of his struggles was that he didn't trust his teammates to make the right play defensively....which was painfully obvious when he would continually player deeper in his net on 2 on 1s than he normally would--he just didn't trust the defender to take away the pass. Also though the bit about external expectations interesting, it seems that they bought into their own hype and once the carpet got pulled out from under them, they didn't have a team-built foundation to fall back on to prevent a total bottoming out.

should be a great game and I hope the Sabres continue to progress forward and improve. Ennis I think will be key to helping this team and I hope Hodgson continues to gel and click with guys because any scoring coming from our 2 young centers means good things.

Gut tells me its going to be a good night. Lets go BUFFALO!

Boy this is just like last year except Enroth was backstopping them. Every game is do or die.. I expect Washington to easily handle Atlanta tonight. This should/will come down to the game in DC...

Boy this is just like last year except Enroth was backstopping them. Every game is do or die.. I expect Washington to easily handle Atlanta tonight. This should/will come down to the game in DC...

I'm not so sure, you know the Jets will throw caution to the wind and give the Caps everything they can handle, plus they aren't playing a back to back like the Caps are.

If the Caps lose, the Sabres lose and the Canes win vs Columbus there will be four teams within four points of that last spot and Winnipeg will have a game in hand on everyone. No margin for error, just win Sabres.

Rochester's finest Ryan Callahan has had the GWG in all 3 meetings between them this year. If he scores it again tonight.... :wallbash:

Small clarification here: Callahan has the GWG in 2 meetings. The 2/1 game was a shutout decided in a shootout, and while it wasCallahan who got scored in the 5th round to win it for New York, it is not a GWG because it is not a goal.

Winnipeg absolutely must win tonight for their own playoff hopes. A loss would effectively eliminate them from contention.

Gotta get to Lundy early and often. He should be finding himself on his butt frequently, wondering where his defense is.

I agree but unfortunately this is the Sabres and getting in an opposing goaltenders face in not allowed.

All I can say is #### the Rangers, go Sabres. Hopefully Hodgson stays hot.

I agree but unfortunately this is the Sabres and getting in an opposing goaltenders face in not allowed.

Agreed. Hodgson staying hot is what this team needs right now.

What it needs more is for Vanek to score. I don't think we win tonight if he doesn't pot one.

Well the good news is that Lundqvist is on about an 8 game stretch of mediocre play--save% over .909 only once. Of course his last start was that one time...against Detroit....but still. I like our chances of at least getting a point tonight, and hopefully 2.

60 minutes to glory

I'm not so sure, you know the Jets will throw caution to the wind and give the Caps everything they can handle, plus they aren't playing a back to back like the Caps are.

If the Caps lose, the Sabres lose and the Canes win vs Columbus there will be four teams within four points of that last spot and Winnipeg will have a game in hand on everyone. No margin for error, just win Sabres.

Small clarification here: Callahan has the GWG in 2 meetings. The 2/1 game was a shutout decided in a shootout, and while it wasCallahan who got scored in the 5th round to win it for New York, it is not a GWG because it is not a goal.

Winnipeg absolutely must win tonight for their own playoff hopes. A loss would effectively eliminate them from contention.

Winnipeg is a very bi-polar team.. Unstoppable at home and incapable on the road. Let's hope the fact that Winnipeg is rested makes a difference. Their travel schedule is crazy.

Archived