Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

They put chili on spaghetti there, so I'm not sure I can trust their opinions on anything else.

it's "chili" in name only, it's actually much closer to the "hotsauce" that comes on a garbage plate, and it is delicious.

However, that city has had a larger role in choosing the Presidents of the United States than the states of New York, California, and Texas, combined. So not trusting their judgement is probably a good call.

Edited by LastPommerFan

Well now I'm hungary.

*super-like*

It's a good point. I have no idea what it means for the Sabres. We did get confirmation the other day though that he drove the Canucks batty.

Someone more cynical would note that a GM of an #1 seed that lost in the first round confirmed it. Until I see Hodgson tweet or whatever and making waves, I couldn't care less what anyone from his former team says.

*super-like*

Someone more cynical would note that a GM of an #1 seed that lost in the first round confirmed it. Until I see Hodgson tweet or whatever and making waves, I couldn't care less what anyone from his former team says.

More positive rep points out the window. I object to not being able to have my ego willfully inflated by others ;) .

It's not huge, but I'm sure it happens. It used to happen much more decades ago when players didn't make big time money and the "family" had a wider influence on things.

People will ask me if horse racing is rigged. I can only be honest and say, bet the big tracks and the big races with nice purses and you will never have a problem. It's too tempting for people when the purse is $5000 and the winning jockey gets $300. If he's on the favorite, it's a heck of a lot more profitable to blow the race and have the 6-1 shot go by you with $200 bet on his nose. Even in those types of tracks and races it doesn't happen very often, or else someone would kill somebody. If you watch the toteboards very closely you can pick up if something is fishy. 95% of the time there is nothing to worry about.

i went to OTB a couple of times and would bet those big races. now i usually picked horses with cool names, but a 15-1 or a 20-1 has won very many times. those are the horses i usually bet because alot of the times i think the favorites fail. hell even some of the way bigger odds win once in a while.

Ted Black during a lunch speech today: Cody Hodgson is absolutely thrilled to be a Buffalo Sabre.

Gratuitous; not in response to a question.

Just great, now the Sabres' President is spending more time on Hodgson's "issues" than all other players combined. :angel:

Edited by DeLuca67

Just great, now the Sabres' President is spending more time on Hodgson's "issues" than all other players combined. :angel:

Really? That's what you read into that?

If you're trolling, fine.

If you're sarcastic, okay.

If you're serious, well, you have work to do on the inside. It was a passing remark during a lunch speech.

If you're serious, well, you have work to do on the inside. It was a passing remark during a lunch speech.

If? He lives for trolling.

GO SABRES!!!

I actually thought that it was a funny joke.

http://www.buffalone...ticle834441.ece

Gary Roberts counter-punches Gillis' comments about Hodgson.

As I have always been on the Hodgson is going to be good train, this article only further cements that feeling. Cody should he had skills this season with the Sabres and now that he is going into his 2nd summer with Roberts 100% healthy I expect more from him next year. I find it interesting that Roberts basically said Gillis is an idiot... After Couver's 1st round exit I would be more willing to believe Roberts than a guy covering his @ss for a suspect trade. CoHo, train harder, faster, and longer. (no jokes)

So now because Gary Roberts disagrees, Hodgson being an issue for the Canucks GM isn't true? And even if it is true, whats the big deal? He had issues in Vancouver where they misdiagnosed his injury, and he was stuck behind a couple of superstars for playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks GM had to spend alot of time dealing with him and what to do with him. Its also possible that he is now in a place where he will be happier and won't be an issue the GM has to spend alot of time on. I don't think Roberts was there in Vancouver at all to see what was going on and is only going off of his dealing with him in the offseason, away from the team. no one ever said he wasn't a hard worker, or that he wasn't trying, Gillis just said that he spent alot of time dealing with Cody the last few years. The fact that Cody doesn't want to talk about or look back on his time in Vancouver and dispute the comments from Gillis lead me to believe that theres probably alot of truth to Gillis comments, he wasn't happy there and may have had issues with the Canucks management and now he has moved on and is putting it behind him to start fresh.

But of course, on this board, everything seems to have to be Black or White, with either Cody being a malcontent who (with a demanding father) will constantly be agrevating and complaining to management, or he is a sweet and innocent kid who some evil GM is trying to defame to cover his own behind in a mistake of a deal

So now because Gary Roberts disagrees, Hodgson being an issue for the Canucks GM isn't true? And even if it is true, whats the big deal? He had issues in Vancouver where they misdiagnosed his injury, and he was stuck behind a couple of superstars for playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks GM had to spend alot of time dealing with him and what to do with him. Its also possible that he is now in a place where he will be happier and won't be an issue the GM has to spend alot of time on. I don't think Roberts was there in Vancouver at all to see what was going on and is only going off of his dealing with him in the offseason, away from the team. no one ever said he wasn't a hard worker, or that he wasn't trying, Gillis just said that he spent alot of time dealing with Cody the last few years. The fact that Cody doesn't want to talk about or look back on his time in Vancouver and dispute the comments from Gillis lead me to believe that theres probably alot of truth to Gillis comments, he wasn't happy there and may have had issues with the Canucks management and now he has moved on and is putting it behind him to start fresh.

But of course, on this board, everything seems to have to be Black or White, with either Cody being a malcontent who (with a demanding father) will constantly be agrevating and complaining to management, or he is a sweet and innocent kid who some evil GM is trying to defame to cover his own behind in a mistake of a deal

I think your response is a little over-the-top. I think Roberts' comments add perspective to a situation none of us will ever know the complete truth about. Doesn't mean Gillis is a lying bastard or Roberts' word is gospel, but I think it helps to explain why things went down as they did in Vancouver. Until now all we had really gotten was Gillis' side of things, and now we have a different view on it. Is that a bad thing?

I think that saying you ahve had to spend time on a players issues implies that they are a problem player, which Roberts is saying is not the CoHo he knows, and whilst true he does only know him away from the team, he also knows him as a person - i doubt Miller is laid back and the life and soul of a party simple because it is the offseason, same is true with Coho and his attitude.

He has not replied to the comments because if he disagrees with Gillis, which his high road comment would suggest he does, then all that happens is that it descends into name calling and insults