Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

I'm sick of making the same point and doing the research every year this gets brought up, but Pyatt has flourished as a checking forward who has averaged 15 goals a year since leaving Buffalo.

I just looked at the Numbers:

Goals: 23, 16, 10, 12, 18, 9 since leaving the Sabres. That averages out to 14.66 goals per season. He plays on the 3/4 line for all the teams sense he left. Flourished? He got 10g and 14g when playing here. He also had 8 and 6g on injury shortened seasons.

Your really stretching the number thing. He is a good 3/4 liner but to make it sound as if hes some sort of poor mans Lucic or that LOOK! RUFF RUINED HIM! Is not true.

that all being said if Ruff doesn't get this team to playoffs, fire every single member of the coaching staff.

I just looked at the Numbers:

Goals: 23, 16, 10, 12, 18, 9 since leaving the Sabres. That averages out to 14.66 goals per season. He plays on the 3/4 line for all the teams sense he left. Flourished? He got 10g and 14g when playing here. He also had 8 and 6g on injury shortened seasons.

Your really stretching the number thing. He is a good 3/4 liner but to make it sound as if hes some sort of poor mans Lucic or that LOOK! RUFF RUINED HIM! Is not true.

that all being said if Ruff doesn't get this team to playoffs, fire every single member of the coaching staff.

I'm not going to fight it.

Like a college softball catcher....if you like p#ssy......you like p#ssy. Lap it up all you want.

I want Ruff gone just so I can stop reading drane's posts about how Ruff ruins players and takes there balls home and displays them on the dresser........

I'd like to stop seeing those posts too, but I'd like a good season by the Sabres to be the means of getting there.

Certainly this year doesn't look that way so far. But the sample size is pretty small.

After reading this argument, I will have to agree with both sides. However, I dont think the Sabres have really drafted many big bodied power forward goal scorers, for the simple fact they are incredibly rare and hard to come by. Stafford def fits the bill and has flourished and struggled under Ruff. He isnt physically dominant but he isnt small either. We had two on the roster last year for some time in Kassian and Foligno, Foligno looked a lot better last year and I think he is going to be a stud. Kassian was unfortuneately traded for what we though was a 1st line center. Cody has played like a great first line center so far this year and he is still young. I would say that is harded to come by than Kassian is, especially when we have a guy on the roster who I believe can do it better in Foligno. Time will tell but I dont see any power forward that lindy has runined over the years, Pyatt hasnt done anything he didnt do here. Macarthur definately blossomed into a good second line player, and everyone saw flashes of that here, however we had and still have guys liek that. I think Ennis will be that soon enough and supposedly clark didnt get along with the locker room or coach. Lindy and his system have not ruined anyone, no one has really come in and lit the world on fire either but Vanek has to be one of the top goal scorers over the last 5-7 years right? What is he like #7? I dont know how to find that info but I will try.

I'd like to stop seeing those posts too, but I'd like a good season by the Sabres to be the means of getting there.

Certainly this year doesn't look that way so far. But the sample size is pretty small.

I was actually supportive after the effort they started the season with. Then I saw Marcus Foligno start the game in Washington, and peel off 3 checks on his first shift alone.

The sad fact is that the Sabres play physical hockey like a fat girl makes a New Year's resolution to exercise and lose weight. They can concentrate on it for about a week, then it's back to Twinkieville.

I want Ruff gone just so I can stop reading drane's posts about how Ruff ruins players and takes there balls home and displays them on the dresser........

post-1555-0-26312500-1359474584_thumb.jpg

I watched Kassian against the Kings last nigth and I'd make the trade all over again.

He skated hard, but didn't hit anything, didn't create ANYTHING, hardly ever did anything along the boards, and sticks out like a sore thumb on the Sedin line. Talk about being the beneficiary of playing with better linemates. He was in the right place for a puck that bounced of Scuderi, but that was it. He ended the night by losing the puck on a weak shootout attempt to lose the game.

On an admittedly small sample I still think Foliogno is an upgrade.

Foliogno is an upgrade.

I try not to think of it in those terms. Zack was never going to live up to the hype we as Sabres fans placed on him. He's more of a positional scorer and puck possession guy. He fought because he was bigger than everyone.

Marcus is more of a policeman on the ice. If he sees dumb stuff happening on the ice, he addresses it. His scoring comes from mostly mop up duty although I think his shot is underrated.

I try not to think of it in those terms. Zack was never going to live up to the hype we as Sabres fans placed on him. He's more of a positional scorer and puck possession guy. He fought because he was bigger than everyone.

Marcus is more of a policeman on the ice. If he sees dumb stuff happening on the ice, he addresses it. His scoring comes from mostly mop up duty although I think his shot is underrated.

Wholeheartedly agree. I think Kassian will be good and has more offensive skill than Foligno, but my money is on Foligno laying more big hits and whatnot.

Also, Kassian is currently shooting 28%. Anybody who thinks that's going to continue I've got some beach front property in Hawaii I'm looking to sell.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Kassian 5 - Hodgson 3 in goals......interestingly, neither has an assist....

As a Center, you would hope to see more assist (any) from Hodgson, especially while being teamed with Vanek and Pommers. Hodgson is also averaging almost 4 minutes more of ice time a game 19:44 to 15:57. Kassian has also recorded 19 hits so far. It is too early to say who will turn out to be a better player in the long run.

I was never crazy about getting rid of Kassian, but we needed a center and I had hopes for Hodgson, although right now I do not see Hodgson as a first line center, hopefully that will change (soon), but this regimes record for developing players is not the greatest.

And Hodgson has a three game goal-less streak heading into Boston.... he really is becoming this years version of Luke Adam.

He doesn't have a point, but stats are deceiving - there are 3 or 4 Vanek/Pommer goals where Coho has made a nice hockey play away from the puck e.g. screening the goalie, drawing a player etc.

As a Center, you would hope to see more assist (any) from Hodgson, especially while being teamed with Vanek and Pommers. Hodgson is also averaging almost 4 minutes more of ice time a game 19:44 to 15:57. Kassian has also recorded 19 hits so far. It is too early to say who will turn out to be a better player in the long run.

I was never crazy about getting rid of Kassian, but we needed a center and I had hopes for Hodgson, although right now I do not see Hodgson as a first line center, hopefully that will change (soon), but this regimes record for developing players is not the greatest.

Kassian's also shooting 33.3% with 65% offensive zone starts. The zone starts probably continue that way, but no way the shooting percentage stays anywhere near that.

Taking into account the roles each player is supposed to play it looks like Vancouver is getting more out of Kassian at this point. Kassian 19 hits & 2 fights, Hodgson 0 assists. The goals are gravy for the Canucks at this point.

If you think Vancouver gave up their top prospect to get a 3rd/4th line banger and fighter, you're crazy. The plan was always for Kassian to score as well as bring those other elements.

Taking into account the roles each player is supposed to play it looks like Vancouver is getting more out of Kassian at this point. Kassian 19 hits & 2 fights, Hodgson 0 assists. The goals are gravy for the Canucks at this point.

Do you wanna actually compare the same stats here or just random stuff? Hodgson has 44FO wins but Kassian has more penalty minutes... okay? They both have 0 assists and I have no desire to see Hodgson fight as thats not his role on the team. Hodgson is not Kassian and I like that. Hodgson is smarter and the Sabres could use smarter. Basically the reason I am waisting my time to write this, compare the same stats or all there stats don't just throw out there that Kassian is playing tougher because I would expect him to. The real question for our team was could kassian have played center? You know like Gerbe :flirt:

Edited by LGR4GM

In my opinion Hodgsons biggest problem is trying to force passes that just aren't there. We saw it on his pass to skinner last week, countless times on the power play after they gain the zone, and i saw it a helluva lot in Rochester during the lockout. Dudes got the talent, just needs to make the smarter pass instead of taking the one with a 10% chance of success.

Edited by BuffaloSoldier2010