Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Gillis is on record as having to deal with Hodgson's dad.

Here is Hodgson's dad.....a Canadian politician, who when head of the Ontario Parks dept., after a long standoff with Native protesters was quoted by a high ranking government official as telling the police to "Get those F'n Indians out of my park!" Moments later the police opened fire and killed a protestor.

http://www.attorneyg...Submissions.pdf

Isn't it cute when someone does some real due dilligence?

Red flag came out at deadline time with articles about how Hodgson's dad was involved with micromanaging his kid and it pissed off the Canucks. Looked into his dad. I tried to point out nicely at the trade what the deal was...but nobody seems to want to follow breadcrumbs around here.

I especially liked the part about that episode of W.K.R.P. in Cincinnati where they drop live turkeys from the helicopter as part of a promotion but forget that Turkeys don't fly.

All I see is a caricature of someone who once tried to make valid points.

And I see a bunch of people not willing to put the work into understanding the true dynamics behind anything that may tarnish their lollipop view of those they adore.

You guys really deserve this franchise. You truly do.

In the span of 24 hours we have:

1) Confirmation from players that Lindy Ruff's system is based on overthinking and not instinct

2) Hodgson caused more problems than the entire Vancouver team

3) Ruff ruined Kalinin with his overbearing tactics according to Paul Hamilton's sources.

You kids keep it real. I've made 2 posts in 3 weeks, yet when browsing the board see some of the lollipop gang telling others.....I quote..."Shut the F### Up!"

Take your little clique.....and your franchise full of pussies...........and shove it up your collective ######.

• Like (+1) 2

And I see a bunch of people not willing to put the work into understanding the true dynamics behind anything that may tarnish their lollipop view of those they adore.

1) Confirmation from players that Lindy Ruff's system is based on overthinking and not instinct

3) Ruff ruined Kalinin with his overbearing tactics according to Paul Hamilton's sources.

You kids keep it real. I've made 2 posts in 3 weeks, yet when browsing the board see some of the lollipop gang telling others.....I quote..."Shut the F### Up!"

Take your little clique.....and your franchise full of pussies...........and shove it up your collective ######.

C'mon now, that hardly moved the absurdity needle. You need to spice it up a little.

CH's dad is obviOusly no wall flower but it has nothing to do with CH the player.

I didn't see the question re: Cody trade but obviously Gillis wasn't in the mood to discuss the lack of offense he oils have provided the Nicks in the playoffs.

All I know is of I'm CH I use Gillis' remarks as more fuel to show them they screwed up.

Edited by rickshaw

C'mon now, that hardly moved the absurdity needle. You need to spice it up a little.

I heard Hodgson's dad also funds massive digs for Nazi alien pirate treasure and that he wanted his son traded because Vingenault is actually a government agent trying to get to "the truth". Burying Cody on the 3rd line was a leverage tactic to try and get information out of him.

Better?

For Hodgson being such a massive problem in Vancouver, you'd think they would have been willing to trade him for more than 6 players. Given this, I see 2 logical possibilities:

1) He has damn good potential and they were loath to get rid of him

2) He wasn't actually much of a problem and Gillis is trying to save face on a trade that didn't work out for him this season

If it was as big of a deal as the Hodgson haters are trying to make it out to be, he would have been moved a long time ago.

I also laughed at GoDD's post...not only because of the hilariously contrived drama involved, but because he accuses everyone of taking everything at face value and not willing to put in the work to understand something which may make the Sabres look bad....but is completely willing himself to take everything negative about the current state of the Sabres at face value because it agrees with his existing negative predisposition. Leino had to think...on a new team, in a new system, with new teammates and changing positions...I was right Ruff ruins players! Hodgson caused problems getting his back injury properly diagnosed...I was right, he's a bad apple and Regier sucks! Paul Hamilton said Ruff ruined Kalinin....I'll ignore the players who have gotten better....I was right, Ruff ruins players!

• Like (+1) 2

I heard Hodgson's dad also funds massive digs for Nazi alien pirate treasure and that he wanted his son traded because Vingenault is actually a government agent trying to get to "the truth". Burying Cody on the 3rd line was a leverage tactic to try and get information out of him.

Better?

I knew it!!

Gillis is on record as having to deal with Hodgson's dad.

Here is Hodgson's dad.....a Canadian politician, who when head of the Ontario Parks dept., after a long standoff with Native protesters was quoted by a high ranking government official as telling the police to "Get those F'n Indians out of my park!" Moments later the police opened fire and killed a protestor.

http://www.attorneyg...Submissions.pdf

Isn't it cute when someone does some real due dilligence?

Red flag came out at deadline time with articles about how Hodgson's dad was involved with micromanaging his kid and it pissed off the Canucks. Looked into his dad. I tried to point out nicely at the trade what the deal was...but nobody seems to want to follow breadcrumbs around here.

BURNNNNNNNNNNN :w00t:

You do make me laugh.

Wait, you're being serious. Oh dear. I've been on this board long enough to have come to the conclusion that you are most definitely not a Sabres fan, I would suspect you are actually a Leafs or Pens fan or something trolling.

For Hodgson being such a massive problem in Vancouver, you'd think they would have been willing to trade him for more than 6 players. Given this, I see 2 logical possibilities:

1) He has damn good potential and they were loath to get rid of him

2) He wasn't actually much of a problem and Gillis is trying to save face on a trade that didn't work out for him this season

If it was as big of a deal as the Hodgson haters are trying to make it out to be, he would have been moved a long time ago.

I also laughed at GoDD's post...not only because of the hilariously contrived drama involved, but because he accuses everyone of taking everything at face value and not willing to put in the work to understand something which may make the Sabres look bad....but is completely willing himself to take everything negative about the current state of the Sabres at face value because it agrees with his existing negative predisposition. Leino had to think...on a new team, in a new system, with new teammates and changing positions...I was right Ruff ruins players! Hodgson caused problems getting his back injury properly diagnosed...I was right, he's a bad apple and Regier sucks! Paul Hamilton said Ruff ruined Kalinin....I'll ignore the players who have gotten better....I was right, Ruff ruins players!

Mancari

Gragani

Kassian

Total those 3 and you dont get anywhere near the amount of return we had for Hodgson alone, let alone Sulzer as well. (I know Mancari was separate).

Gillis's job is on the line in a big fashion so he will try every tactic, how can this not be completely obvious to everyone? This happens in British politics all the time.

EDIT: Also I've just remembered the phone call during tradecenter with Hodgson, that was not the phone call of a man who wanted out of Vancouver, in fact he didn't seem to like being traded at all. Anyone who believes this ###### from Gillis is quite frankly an idiot.

Edited by RazielSabre

This is a a bit harsh GoDD. It's like telling the woman sitting on the curb during an episode of Cops she deserves to get hit. There is a great number of Sabre fans that suffer from Battered Fan Syndrome. That is why they make excuses every time Status Quo gets liquored up and knocks them around. They are happy to live in the denial bubble that Pegula and Black have built. Why wouldn't they, the denial bubble has new carpeting and painted walls and some catchy phrases etched in glass. It also protects them from the realities of where this franchise truly is.

Edited by DeLuca67

This is a a bit harsh GoDD. It's like telling the woman sitting on the curb during an episode of Cops she deserves to get hit. There is a great number of Sabre fans that suffer from Battered Fan Syndrome. That is why they make excuses every time Status Quo gets liquored up and knocks them around. They are happy to live in the denial bubble that Pegula and Black have built. Why wouldn't they, the denial bubble has new carpeting and painted walls and some catchy phrases etched in glass. It also protects them from the realities of where this franchise truly is.

You can do and say a lot of things, but do NOT pretend any Sabre fan who might be a little more optimistic is living in some kind of denial. Smarmy arrogant tosser. Yes you touched a nerve, yes you pissed me off, yes I genuinely hope you get badly hurt at some point soon and end up in the worse circle of hell for even using that analogy. People like you make the world a much worse place. While I may not agree with you all the time I do try and respect your opinion but on this occasion you crossed a line, also shows how big your balls grow when you can hide behind GoDD.

I'm done now.

GHW - General Human Weakness

Any idea what the Leafs thought of Connelly after 1 season with him?

Edited by RazielSabre
  • Like (+1) 2

X hit it on the head, as usual -- the fact that this Hodgson thing is a significant story is proof that the team/media/fans are already in full off-season mode.

To summarize: Hodgson thinks a lot of himself, his Dad is an overbearing SOB of a hockey dad, and Gillis is looking to save face after making a trade that presently looks bad following a disappointing first round exit.

#wakemeupwhenseptemberends

seriously?! :huh:

You've got to be kidding me! Raziel hit the nail on the head above. This is just ridiculous. Excuse me for seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty. I'm not in a denial bubble, and neither are 99% of the posters here. Everyone knows there are problems. Sh!t, we argue over which one is the root problem every freaking day! It even gets us to talking about July of 2007 by 9am every day, which gets old by the way. I understand changes need made, but I also understand that sometimes, success isn't seen with the first year of change. I hold out hope that my favorite franchise is moving forward, and I can give you 10 reasons why I see it moving that direction. You and GoDD will spin that list whichever way you want though to make me look like I'm liquored up on status quo.

I have faith in management right now that more changes are coming. I have faith that these changes will help the team. I also believe that if everything goes wrong again this upcoming season, that different changes need made. I'm not in the locker room every day, so I'm not going to pretend to know how Derek Roy, Thomas Vanek, or Ville Leino feel about Lindy. I will say that I believe their quotes were slightly over played in the media, with their words twisted ever so slightly to fit the agenda of a few opinion column writers that don't know how to write an article based solely on facts. I will also say that I really don't give a sh!t about what one players father does, did, or will do. Does it affect the said player, or his ability to play? no you say? than why bother tarnishing someones name when you don't know all the facts? For ###### sake, leave it be! Get off your high horses for 5 minutes!

Welcome to the offseason on SS! :doh:

now, I'm going to another thread where people are discussing real offseason topics, such as possible trades, signings, or sh!t, maybe even playoff games. :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2

The most important name as it relates to Cody Hodgson is not Mike Gillis, Zach Kassian, Chris Hodgson, nor Lindy Ruff.

It's Gary Roberts.

And that name matters because of names like Stamkos, Seguin, Neal, and Skinner.

In 2 years this kid could be one of the top 10 centers in the league.

When that happens Gillis will need cover for the fact that he couldn't make Cody want to be a perpetual thrid-liner, and traded him for a huge maybe.

• Like (+1) 2

seriously?! :huh:

<snip>

agreed - good stuff there.

The most important name as it relates to Cody Hodgson is not Mike Gillis, Zach Kassian, Chris Hodgson, nor Lindy Ruff.

It's Gary Roberts.

i agree with this as well.

i said upthread that hodgson may think a lot of himself. i also posted elsewhere (maybe upthread) when the trade went down that i had no problem with the talk that hodgson thought a lot of himself and that he had demanded a bigger and better opportunity in van-city, provided that the young man had a work ethic to match any lofty self-perception he might have.

it was right around that same time that chz posted the video of the gary roberts' offseason boot camp (which is also more of a year-long, career-long mentoring/lifestyle management program).

so, for the time being, i'm totally good with hodgson, and i hold out a great deal of hope that he will soon become one of our top 2 centers.

It's Gary Roberts.

When that happens Gillis will need cover for the fact that he couldn't make Cody want to be a perpetual thrid-liner, and traded him for a huge maybe.

And because I am a half-full kind of guy, I really want that to be true ;)

It's Gary Roberts.

Good point about the Roberts angle. Hodgson already possesses something I've yet to see in Kassian: a burning work ethic.

Drane is just pissed (this time) because NONE of his predictions regarding the trade have yet to come to fruition. Not one. Indeed, the fact that Kassian got less and less ice time during the season until finally being benched in the most important game of the season shows just how far off the mark he was.

DeLuca is just pissed because, well, he's DeLuca. That's just how he rolls and trolls.

Gillis is just trying to save face as best he can. The trade wasn't popular since day one and criticism grew as Kassian played worse. The fact he had to throw a 21 year old rookie under the bus to do so says a lot about him. His team just isn't good enough. I would have asked Gillis who the other five players were that he would have traded Hodgson for, if not Kassian. More I think about it, he paid Cody quite the compliment, actually.

Sunshine and kittens. Glass half full. It's a great day to be a Sabres fan.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

It's Gary Roberts.

absolutely correct sir. Like Aud Smell said: if he has the work ethic, working with Gary Roberts is going to be the best thing for him!

X hit it on the head, as usual -- the fact that this Hodgson thing is a significant story is proof that the team/media/fans are already in full off-season mode.

To summarize: Hodgson thinks a lot of himself, his Dad is an overbearing SOB of a hockey dad, and Gillis is looking to save face after making a trade that presently looks bad following a disappointing first round exit.

#wakemeupwhenseptemberends

Has the Buffalo "media" picked the story up at all? I'm sure they're talking about it a bit, but is it getting much attention? You completely nailed it with the bolded line. That is the entire point in any of these end of season quotes. But they still almost always wind up looking bad when they make them. I was listening to the NHL channel on XM on the way into work this morning and they were talking about how Gillis really needed to step up and take charge, show Cody who's the boss (Tony Danza). You're going to let some punk kid who has been in the league about a year and a half walk all over you like that? Take charge and put him in his place.

Oh, and I better run out and pick up some tin foil before it's all gone.

Edited by shrader

Gillis commented during his end of year presser that Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver. They were hesitant at first because Kesler was injured. Gillis: "I spent more time with Cody's issues than every other player combined for the last 3 years." He had a list of 6 players he would trade Cody for. Kassian was one of them.
Gillis will never say he made a bad deal for Kassian. If Cody Hodgson believes in himself enough to want out of Vancouver, then this bodes well for the Sabres. I don't think it's arrogance but more so, confidence. He knew he was always a 3rd line guy for the foreseeable future and wanted to play a bigger role. He's got his chance so let's up he proves his worth for us. And the actual quotes are here.... Nowhere did he say "his issues".... http://www.theprovince.com/touch/sports/Canucks+Gillis+tight+lipped+about+Vancouver+future/6510093/story.html?rel=894638

They replayed a portion of the interview on WGR this morning. He definitely said "issues." Chz had the quote right.