Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

If no playoff series wins in the past 5 years isn't sucking...please tell me what it should be called?

Always the same? Pretty much the Sabres results and character 97% of the time I have been on the board has been the same. I don't know what people want. They fight against Anaheim....I say good for them. Miller plays great for 2 games, I say I'll bang him if he played like that all year. What do people want? Lies? Sugarcoating? Fake excitement?

I told you...I love where the Bills are positioning themselves, and if they don't advance in the playoffs within 2 years....please.....call me out for it. I'm on record. The Bills have good people in place all over, and they will be good, soon.

You would think this is a RedWings board the way people act to honest critique.

Don't give a damn about the bills haven't since Kelly retired. I can't speak for others but something I would hypotheticaly like to see happen is Ruff fired, Darcy fired, the team completely gutted, made into the modern day broad street bullies and then read your posts about how the new GM sucks, the new coach sucks, and the new players suck or however else you might spin the events negativly.

I use to and occasionaly still do like some of your posts. But I get so tired of your spinning of the so called truth

Edited by drnkirishone

By game time tomorrow night Cody will be a basket case from all the media. They've been on the trade request question since the deadline and won't let it go. Who cares? Today they were saying that Rich Winter is his fourth player agent. This kid and his father could turn out to be a colossal headache for this organization. I wonder if Darcy did his homework on this kid. I'm hoping for the best. The kid seems o.k. but perhaps he's surrounded himself with idiots.

I think we'll be lucky, this soon after the trade and with the Canuck fans frothing over his departure, if he doesn;t lieterally get kidnapped and taken to some shack on the outskirts of Vancouver, never to be seen again.

Don't give a damn about the bills haven't since Kelly retired. I can't speak for others but something I would hypotheticaly like to see happen is Ruff fired, Darcy fired, the team completely gutted, made into the modern day broad street bullies and then read your posts about how the new GM sucks, the new coach sucks, and the new players suck or however else you might spin the events negativly.

I use to and occasionaly still do like some of your posts. But I get so tired of your spinning of the so called truth

That's my point. What makes you think I would be negative if that happened? The Sabres have been a huge failure in my time on this board. I have been consistant in pointing out fatal flaws, and the Sabres have been consistant in showing them. I was happy with their effort and makeup in '06, and when they let all the grit go, I sounded the warning siren. They have yet to figure it out.

I was disgusted about the Bills when Donahoe/Modrak/Mularkey were in charge. I understood the switch to Levy/Jauron and was sympathetic to Ralph's need to trust again, even if the people calling the shots had little to no upside. Now the right people from top, down are on board and I can see their philosophy making strides on the results and feel they are a smidgen away from being a real good team.

I get tired of people telling me I say the same thing. I SEE the same thing and results. I don't get my jollies off of a crackpipe and hope. I like to see people in charge who I believe in and players on the ice who give a consistant effort and are more worried about destroying the opponent than going green.

Someday.......someday........

• Like (+1) 2

That's my point. What makes you think I would be negative if that happened? The Sabres have been a huge failure in my time on this board. I have been consistant in pointing out fatal flaws, and the Sabres have been consistant in showing them. I was happy with their effort and makeup in '06, and when they let all the grit go, I sounded the warning siren. They have yet to figure it out.

Because I am convinced that you delight in pointing out the negative of things. So regardless of them making every change you desire you would still find some "truth" to tell people about why this team sucks

Because I am convinced that you delight in pointing out the negative of things. So regardless of them making every change you desire you would still find some "truth" to tell people about why this team sucks

This statement is right on. Its good to have differing view points but not just for the sake of it kornheiser

Of course you do. The only way you can keep up the everything sucks routine is if the team is completly blown up and spends three years rebuilding.

Don't you have to had built something in order to rebuild it?

If posters really wanted the Sabres to continue sucking so they "can keep up the everything sucks routine" they would be secretly routing for Regier and Ruff to keep their jobs and for this roster to stay intact.

That's my point. What makes you think I would be negative if that happened? The Sabres have been a huge failure in my time on this board. I have been consistant in pointing out fatal flaws, and the Sabres have been consistant in showing them. I was happy with their effort and makeup in '06, and when they let all the grit go, I sounded the warning siren. They have yet to figure it out. I was disgusted about the Bills when Donahoe/Modrak/Mularkey were in charge. I understood the switch to Levy/Jauron and was sympathetic to Ralph's need to trust again, even if the people calling the shots had little to no upside. Now the right people from top, down are on board and I can see their philosophy making strides on the results and feel they are a smidgen away from being a real good team. I get tired of people telling me I say the same thing. I SEE the same thing and results. I don't get my jollies off of a crackpipe and hope. I like to see people in charge who I believe in and players on the ice who give a consistant effort and are more worried about destroying the opponent than going green. Someday.......someday........

Amen!

When the fine lady is on her knees, and a C-note is sticking out of her G-string, not only may it be a routine....but it is the truth.

I have been saying the same thing for 5 years. I think that trumps 3 years of rebuilding. Unless you are happy with what you've seen, which is your right.

Just to get up to speed with the routine, and given the c-note and fine lady are real...

Am I supposed to take the money?

I'd think I might rather have the money.

I hope that's not my money that she has in there, because I'm going to need that money to buy gas this morning.

Wait!

Why is she on her knees down there? :unsure: I'm late for work, and I still need to buy gas!

Pretty entertaining thread..

Sure beats the what are you watching, reading, eating, drinking, smoking, beating tripe that has been on here lately.

It's unfortunate that you think people having friendly conversation outside of the hockey discussion is such a drag on your life. Try not to kick your dog too hard today.

It's unfortunate that you think people having friendly conversation outside of the hockey discussion is such a drag on your life. Try not to kick your dog too hard today.

No problem.. Dog is safe..

I just worked my 10 hour overnight shift, my 89 yr old Dad has a lump and a black eye from falling out of his wheelchair at the nursing home that would make any fighter's face look lame, the last few days for me have been exhausting. Buffalo wins back to back games - which when they WIN the second, usually the excuses come out as to why the opponent played poorly. Now the talk here is still not happy with this team. These threads are like the proverbial train wreck, that you can't turn your back on. If anyone here thinks the Sabres win it all this year, say so. WHEN healthy, they are a real good group to watch. They dug themselves in a hole that would only be called miraculous if they reached the top. DR made a drastic move in some eyes, not good enough to some, just plain dumb to others. I get the feeling WHEN the Sabres win it all - in 2 years or 4 - there's going to be negativity about SOMETHING.

Happy to report, I'm going to bed.

I'll be up tonight to watch the game, yet another measuring stick game. As always, I want a win ... with Hodgson getting his first point(s) in the blue& gold, and Vanek scoring.

Edited by Rox11

I don't get why Ruff is automatically a horrible coach if most people on here that want him fired also think the core of the team is awful.

IMHO the sabres have been a middle of the pack team the past few years, bad is the New York Islanders, Florida Panthers, Wild, Calgary, Edmonton, Columbus, Maple Leafs, or Buffalo Bills.

I wouldn't be sad to see either lindy or darcy go, but if I was Tpegs I would give Darcy one more year to shake up the roster and let the GMs make their own decision about the coaching. I am happy with the Regehr, Hodgson, and Gaustad trades. I like Erhoff's signing. I don't like the Ville Leino signing, but the FA market was very thin (see Montador's contract) and we needed centers.Drew Stafford was overvalued too. Overall I think after one free agency and one trade deadline Darcy has at the least been much better than years past which makes cautiously optimistic about the direction of this team over the next few years. Tpegs wasn't exactly glowing in his assessment of Darcy so I am confident if the team continues to struggle next year he will do what needs to be done.

Edited by iliketofrolic

I don't get why Ruff is automatically a horrible coach if most people on here that want him fired also think the core of the team is awful. ...

The core is horrible BECAUSE Ruff is a horrible coach. Just look at all the posts referencing all the great success that every player that leaves Buffalo goes on to have. But what really drives the point home is that players like Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin or any superstar in league history never would have had success if they played for Ruff. Simple.

GO SABRES!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't get why Ruff is automatically a horrible coach if most people on here that want him fired also think the core of the team is awful.

IMHO the sabres have been a middle of the pack team the past few years, bad is the New York Islanders, Florida Panthers, Wild, Calgary, Edmonton, Columbus, Maple Leafs, or Buffalo Bills.

Every single one of those 8 teams has fired their coach in the past 2+ years. 8 for 8 100%.

If Lindy is just a notch ahead of those guys.....shouldn't the talk about firing him be valid? Even if he isn't 100% to be fired.....50% or even 30% makes every bit of flack he takes and debate about him valid.

PS...welcome to the board.

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

The core is horrible BECAUSE Ruff is a horrible coach. Just look at all the posts referencing all the great success that every player that leaves Buffalo goes on to have. But what really drives the point home is that players like Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin or any superstar in league history never would have had success if they played for Ruff. Simple.

Thanks a lot K-9, you just blew out my sarcasm meter. Those things ain't cheap, you know.

• Like (+1) 1

Not that many players have had better seasons than they have with the sabres?

Drury - No

Grier - No

Briere - No

Afinogenov - Match his season high, but took more games to do it and played on the top line, the previous two seasons he had been horrible - he never had any ability to play defence. He no longer plays in the league. But i presume people will have their cake and eat it to by saying the players who have their best season after leaving Lindy have them due to being away from his suppressive regime, which I have on good authority is the envy of 1942 Germany; and players who fail after leaving Lindy, fail because he had his mitts on them for too long. To put it in simple terms, that is circular logic.

Kotalik - No

Campbell - Didn't do that well with the blackhawks, probably the coaches fault, maybe the GM, now he is having a great season with the panthers, weirdly with the same GM, so almost definitely the coaches fault.

Connolly - No

Kalinin - No

Macarthur - Yes, but there was no room on this team for him, no dissimilar to why Coho should have a 'break out season' with us

Tallinder - I'm not sure, probably not better than with Myers, certainly not a much better player at the very least - no break out

Lydman - Same as Tallinder

Spacek - No

Paille - No real room for him, he plays the 4th line of the Bruins

GO SABRES!!!

You know who I will give credit to Lindy Ruff for developing? Jason Pominville. I think he has gotten the most out of him and has been great for him. If you are a defensive minded perimeter player who doesn't like to make waves...Lindy is good for you.

Not that many players have had better seasons than they have with the sabres?

Drury - No

Grier - No

Briere - No

Afinogenov - Match his season high, but took more games to do it and played on the top line, the previous two seasons he had been horrible - he never had any ability to play defence. He no longer plays in the league. But i presume people will have their cake and eat it to by saying the players who have their best season after leaving Lindy have them due to being away from his suppressive regime, which I have on good authority is the envy of 1942 Germany; and players who fail after leaving Lindy, fail because he had his mitts on them for too long. To put it in simple terms, that is circular logic.

Kotalik - No

Campbell - Didn't do that well with the blackhawks, probably the coaches fault, maybe the GM, now he is having a great season with the panthers, weirdly with the same GM, so almost definitely the coaches fault.

Connolly - No

Kalinin - No

Macarthur - Yes, but there was no room on this team for him, no dissimilar to why Coho should have a 'break out season' with us

Tallinder - I'm not sure, probably not better than with Myers, certainly not a much better player at the very least - no break out

Lydman - Same as Tallinder

Spacek - No

Paille - No real room for him, he plays the 4th line of the Bruins

You just helped make my point.

The only 2 on that list who were original Sabres that were still young when they left "the system" are McArthur and Paille.

All the other guys were career Sabres, or had come to Buffalo as established vets...other than Briere, who is just as good in Philly. Lydman was a league leader in +/- when he left. Grier was Grier....Drury was the only guy who tanked, but he was well established before he got to Buffalo.

That's why this Kassian/gragnani deal is exciting to watch develop. The team gave up on them and shopped them, yet they are both only slightly tainted by Ruff. Gragnani has been around, but he played so smooth in the playoffs without having been coached by Lindy, that I am sure Vancouver took note of this and view this trade as a potential steal for them.

You know who I will give credit to Lindy Ruff for developing? Jason Pominville. I think he has gotten the most out of him and has been great for him. If you are a defensive minded perimeter player who doesn't like to make waves...Lindy is good for you.

I just can't help but feeling that if JP hadn't had the misfortune of getting drafted by the Sabres and being forced to develop under the yoke of Lindy Ruff's ineptitude, that he would have been an annual 50 goal scorer and multi-MVP award winner.

That and Pommers just doesn't seem to hate Lindy enough.

GO SABRES!!!

GO SABRES!!!

If Lindy is just a notch ahead of those guys.....shouldn't the talk about firing him be valid? Even if he isn't 100% to be fired.....50% or even 30% makes every bit of flack he takes and debate about him valid.

....The sabres have not even been close to as bad as those teams the last few year their worst seasons they missed the playoffs by like 2 and 3 points. There are 7 or 8 teams that have been much worse than the sabres about the same that have been much better (since the lockout I mean) but most have been in the same neighborhood IMO. So I disagree with your premise and during all but this year the sabres have had a self imposed cap. I don't think the coach is the biggest problem that the team has right now. Is he a problem? Maybe, but the players on the team are the major issue for me and I think to say that he has to win a stanley cup or win 2 or 3 playoff series with a team that isn't built to do that is stupid IMO. Edited by iliketofrolic

I just can't help but feeling that if JP hadn't had the misfortune of getting drafted by the Sabres and being forced to develop under the yoke of Lindy Ruff's ineptitude, that he would have been an annual 50 goal scorer and multi-MVP award winner.

That and Pommers just doesn't seem to hate Lindy enough.

GO SABRES!!!

Not that it matters at all in the discussion but JP Dumont was not drafted by the Sabres.

You just helped make my point.

The only 2 on that list who were original Sabres that were still young when they left "the system" are McArthur and Paille.

All the other guys were career Sabres, or had come to Buffalo as established vets...other than Briere, who is just as good in Philly. Lydman was a league leader in +/- when he left. Grier was Grier....Drury was the only guy who tanked, but he was well established before he got to Buffalo.

That's why this Kassian/gragnani deal is exciting to watch develop. The team gave up on them and shopped them, yet they are both only slightly tainted by Ruff. Gragnani has been around, but he played so smooth in the playoffs without having been coached by Lindy, that I am sure Vancouver took note of this and view this trade as a potential steal for them.

Are you aware how you are twisting things?

So Paille, who is a 4th line player, but who played on the 2nd and 3rd lines whilst with us, managed to get out of the system and has broken out into a good player? Macarthur i will agree has become a decent player. But one guy does not mean anything. Lindy's system didn't work for him, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

The other players who were established when they came to Buffalo and had their best season's here proves that Lindy is a bad coach, might need some help understanding that logic?

Briere has not been as good. Not to mention he plays on the second line, against players who are not as good compared to who he played against when here. You forget all the other players i mentioned and pick on Lydman (who btw plays on the 3rd pairing)

• Like (+1) 1

....The sabres have not even been close to as bad as those teams the last few year their worst seasons they missed the playoffs by like 2 and 3 points. There are 7 or 8 teams that have been much worse than the sabres about the same that have been much better (since the lockout I mean) but most have been in the same neighborhood IMO. So I disagree with your premise and during all but this year the sabres have had a self imposed cap. I don't think the coach is the biggest problem that the team has right now. Is he a problem? Maybe, but the players on the team are the major issue for me and I think to say that he has to win a stanley cup or win 2 or 3 playoff series with a team that isn't built to do that is stupid IMO.

I disagree with my premise, too. See carpandean's response to my post above.

And welcome to the board.

GO SABRES!!!

Not that it matters at all in the discussion but JP Dumont was not drafted by the Sabres.

Psst. Think Jason Pominville.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9