Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

ok so would you rather have drew stafford last year or taylor pyatt?

I think that #2 was the other way around.

Umm....Darcy wanted a first but settled for Hodgson because Vancouver also valued the pick more. According to our boardly sources.

And yes....would rather have Pyatt at $1 million over Stafford at $4 million....

You guys try so hard to paint me in a corner. If some posters held the team as accountable as they try to catch me on something, we may have won a cup by now.

• Like (+1) 1

Umm....Darcy wanted a first but settled for Hodgson because Vancouver also valued the pick more. According to our boardly sources.

Well chz put it that they made the call about kassian offering a first, darcy countered with hodgson but that would be too much money going the wrong way so they evened it up with hte defensemen

Edited by cvanvol

I set realistic paramaters.....guess who fits them 3 of the 5 years since leaving Buffalo?

Taylor Pyatt

Guess who has yet to do so?

Drew Stafford

So if Stafford somehow pulls it off this year.....I'll give him to you for $4 million.......then you and your Darcy/Lindy appologists can give me Taylor Pyatt at a 60% strike rate for $1 million

Sound fair?

First,you are taking liberties with the hit stats because there is only one official year where he matched your criteria.

Second, Pyatt left here after recording 41 hits and 6 goals in half season and continued to develop as he got older? Sounds like Lindy gave him a good foundation and provided him with a strong work ethic so he could succeed when he went to teams that he fit in better.

Third, I have already acknowledged that Pyatt may be the only forward your case can intelligently be made for.

And when Stafford scores 30 and records 100 hits next year, what do I get?

And yes....would rather have Pyatt at $1 million over Stafford at $4 million....

You guys try so hard to paint me in a corner. If some posters held the team as accountable as they try to catch me on something, we may have won a cup by now.

Well guess what the year that ###### taylor pyatt puts up 31 goals in a contract year he wont be making 1 million anymore thats why i put ###### LAST YEAR god usually i side with you but your opinion here is just too ###### stupid

First,you are taking liberties with the hit stats because there is only one official year where he matched your criteria.

Second, Pyatt left here after recording 41 hits and 6 goals in half season and continued to develop as he got older? Sounds like Lindy gave him a good foundation and provided him with a strong work ethic so he could succeed when he went to teams that he fit in better.

Third, I have already acknowledged that Pyatt may be the only forward your case can intelligently be made for.

And when Stafford scores 30 and records 100 hits next year, what do I get?

You get a $100 a night club seat to watch the 12th place team in the East.

Well guess what the year that ###### taylor pyatt puts up 31 goals in a contract year he wont be making 1 million anymore thats why i put ###### LAST YEAR god usually i side with you but your opinion here is just too ###### stupid

It's about Ruff.

I must be watching the wrong team the past 2 decades.

You get a $100 a night club seat to watch the 12th place team in the East.

It's about Ruff.

I must be watching the wrong team the past 2 decades.

i cant find the chz post but ill take ur word for it. So stafford developing into a 31 goal socrer is about ruff? that seems good to me.... he earned this contract, he just hasnt lived up to it

Are we really using Marc-Andre Gragnani's opinion against Ruff now? The kid was awful, was benched for being awful, and he's supposed to be glowing about the guy who benched him? This is the same guy, who shortly after the Lucic incident, was asked about the lack of hitting. What does he say? "I don't know, I'd rather score some more goals." Not exactly the most media savvy.

It's a very small piece of a much larger puzzle that, when put together, looks like several seasons in a row of mediocrity.

It's very odd to know what something looks like in its complete form, but not know what it is made of. At some point, someone decided it was better to use the things we already know to help determine the world is round, rather than guess and hope that it was flat.

Edited by sizzlemeister

It's a very small piece of a much larger puzzle that, when put together, looks like several seasons in a row of mediocrity.

It's very odd to know what something looks like in its complete form, but not know what it is made of. At some point, someone decided it was better to use the things we already know to help determine the world is round, rather than guess and hope that it was flat.

????

Edited by cvanvol

Buffalo can help solve crime in the inner city by opening corner hot chocolate stands. There is a statistically significant relationship between hot chocolate sales and crime: there's less crime in areas where hot chocolate sales are higher. So clearly, one part of the puzzle to solve inner city crime, is sell more hot chocolate.

That's a pretty crappy argument, right?

Gragnani got benched for long stretches, and didn't like the coach that benched him. That doesn't say Ruff sucks....it says athletes don't like getting benched. Ruff may be the worst coach in the history of the NHL, but Gragnani disliking him is NOT why.

• Like (+1) 3

Buffalo can help solve crime in the inner city by opening corner hot chocolate stands. There is a statistically significant relationship between hot chocolate sales and crime: there's less crime in areas where hot chocolate sales are higher. So clearly, one part of the puzzle to solve inner city crime, is sell more hot chocolate.

Gragnani got benched for long stretches, and didn't like the coach that benched him. That doesn't say Ruff sucks....it says athletes don't like getting benched. Ruff may be the worst coach in the history of the NHL, but Gragnani disliking him is NOT why.

:P :worthy: :w00t:

No! It's not a "crappy argument" at all. It's puzzling, incomplete, somewhat arcane, but not "crappy". We don't really need to flesh out the hot chocolate analogy, do we? You understand that Y absolutely has a value in the equation: increased hot chocolate sales + Y = lower crime. We can use some reason to determine what Y may be, or propose hypotheses, or continue to collect data until Y finally reveals itself. Many popular theories start this way, you know.

The only reason its so hard to paint you in a corner is because you debate with no desire or expectation to lear anything.. First its the player, then its the coach, then its the players contract. These last few pages demonstrate it clearly. One thing I have learned in my 52 years is that I'm not always right.

I grew up a Broad Street Bully fan.

I love the way the Bruins play hockey.

I personally detest Drew Stafford.

I want Darcy Reiger fired and while I am a Lindy Ruff fan, wouldn't have hated it if TP fired him.

And yet, I have been thoroughly entertained by the team since Reiger took over and not only selfishly hope he is right in order to maximize my satisfaction this year, I know that its entirely possible, if not likely, that in a year when the Cardinals came from death to win the Series, the Giants won the Bowl with a 9 and 7 record and the Clippers are actually relevant, that this team could make a run. One good thing about getting old, you've seen just about everything and unless your are senial, you've been horribly wrong before.

And if players hating his coach is how you rate a coach then Scotty Bowman must be the worst coach of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

No! It's not a "crappy argument" at all. It's puzzling, incomplete, somewhat arcane, but not "crappy". We don't really need to flesh out the hot chocolate analogy, do we? You understand that Y absolutely has a value in the equation: increased hot chocolate sales + Y = lower crime. We can use some reason to determine what Y may be, or propose hypotheses, or continue to collect data until Y finally reveals itself. Many popular theories start this way, you know.

UGH :wallbash: :wallbash:

post-1555-0-51083400-1330750618_thumb.jpg

The only reason its so hard to paint you in a corner is because you debate with no desire or expectation to lear anything.. First its the player, then its the coach, then its the players contract. These last few pages demonstrate it clearly. One thing I have learned in my 52 years is that I'm not always right.

I grew up a Broad Street Bully fan.

I love the way the Bruins play hockey.

I personally detest Drew Stafford.

I want Darcy Reiger fired and while I am a Lindy Ruff fan, wouldn't have hated it if TP fired him.

And yet, I have been thoroughly entertained by the team since Reiger took over and not only selfishly hope he is right in order to maximize my satisfaction this year, I know that its entirely possible, if not likely, that in a year when the Cardinals came from death to win the Series, the Giants won the Bowl with a 9 and 7 record and the Clippers are actually relevant, that this team could make a run. One good thing about getting old, you've seen just about everything and unless your are senial, you've been horribly wrong before.

And if players hating his coach is how you rate a coach then Scotty Bowman must be the worst coach of all time.

I think Regier should be fired

I think Ruff should be fired

I think 40% of the roster needs to be turned over

It is about the player, the coach and the GM. An outhouse is full of both #1 and #2...it all mixes in. If a diamond ring happens to fall in, it's going to get all covered in it. Vancouver was just lucky enough to get the ring a few hours after a clean pot had been brought in.

so can you wrap up your ever changing arrgument into one point?

It was about the coach. Because people can't agree on outcomes of players...the debate ends there. As always....an excuse covers 1 of the 3 headed monster to send it into a circlejerk.

I think Regier should be fired

I think Ruff should be fired

I think 40% of the roster needs to be turned over

It is about the player, the coach and the GM. An outhouse is full of both #1 and #2...it all mixes in. If a diamond ring happens to fall in, it's going to get all covered in it. Vancouver was just lucky enough to get the ring a few hours after a clean pot had been brought in.

It was about the coach. Because people can't agree on outcomes of players...the debate ends there. As always....an excuse covers 1 of the 3 headed monster to send it into a circlejerk.

Of course you do. The only way you can keep up the everything sucks routine is if the team is completly blown up and spends three years rebuilding.

And when that Y (socioeconomic status) is added in, the hot chocolate relationship loses all significance. Conclusion: the hot chocolate never had anything to do with the crime rates.

It would be easy to say "hey look a former player has nothing good to say about Ruff!" And then you realize that said former player was benched for a month, and suddenly there's a much better explanation for why he doesn't like Ruff, as opposed to using it as evidence that Ruff is a bad coach.

It's a crappy argument.

Of course you do. The only way you can keep up the everything sucks routine is if the team is completly blown up and spends three years rebuilding.

When the fine lady is on her knees, and a C-note is sticking out of her G-string, not only may it be a routine....but it is the truth.

I have been saying the same thing for 5 years. I think that trumps 3 years of rebuilding. Unless you are happy with what you've seen, which is your right.

When the fine lady is on her knees, and a C-note is sticking out of her G-string, not only may it be a routine....but it is the truth.

I have been saying the same thing for 5 years. I think that trumps 3 years of rebuilding. Unless you are happy with what you've seen, which is your right.

I am happy with what I have seen from this team when healthy

But the crap you say isn't the truth. It is your interpretation of events and your interpretation is always the same regardless of what takes place

But the crap you say isn't the truth. It is your interpretation of events and your interpretation is always the same regardless of what takes place

If no playoff series wins in the past 5 years isn't sucking...please tell me what it should be called?

Always the same? Pretty much the Sabres results and character 97% of the time I have been on the board has been the same. I don't know what people want. They fight against Anaheim....I say good for them. Miller plays great for 2 games, I say I'll bang him if he played like that all year. What do people want? Lies? Sugarcoating? Fake excitement?

I told you...I love where the Bills are positioning themselves, and if they don't advance in the playoffs within 2 years....please.....call me out for it. I'm on record. The Bills have good people in place all over, and they will be good, soon.

You would think this is a RedWings board the way people act to honest critique.