GDT: Buffalo at NY Rangers (2/25/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

A few years back, when Harry first joined the team, a post on here (can't remember who) advocated bringing in Danny Gare to be the color guy. He added that Gare did a fine job, as he was working with the Blue Jackets organization at the time.

That poster couldn't have been more wrong.

Well, he was doing color for CBJ.. clearly there weren't many expectations there. If a CBJ fan were on this forum he'd simply laugh at everyone who complained about the Sabres.

Oh.. and you know Sylvester sucks when my wife, who isn't even listening, can recognize his stupid mistakes.

I've never been a huge fan of Gene Battaglia and John Ditullio who do RITs tv broadcast, but they are considerably better than the Sabres B-Team.

I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to Ditullio... in fact I'm shuddering just thinking about that voice.

I haven't been very impressed with gerbe the past few games. Seems like some of the fire in his belly has died out or something. Like on that play where nyr just scored, you can see him standing around like he doesn't know what he should be doing. I've noticed a bit of that out of him this season .

Brutal goal to give up, man. ######.

There goes another one of those should have been an easy save somehow trickles through the pads that Miller has been giving up lately. RJ would have called the big save before mentioning it went in.

Well, he was doing color for CBJ.. clearly there weren't many expectations there. If a CBJ fan were on this forum he'd simply laugh at everyone who complained about the Sabres.

Oh.. and you know Sylvester sucks when my wife, who isn't even listening, can recognize his stupid mistakes.

I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to Ditullio... in fact I'm shuddering just thinking about that voice.

Geno does the call and Ditullio provides color, which is a tolerable amount. I can't listen to his radio show, but in this role he's good.

There goes another one of those should have been an easy save somehow trickles through the pads that Miller has been giving up lately. RJ would have called the big save before mentioning it went in.

Lately? That's been a career trend. And that's not me complaining about Miller, just saying...

I haven't been very impressed with gerbe the past few games. Seems like some of the fire in his belly has died out or something. Like on that play where nyr just scored, you can see him standing around like he doesn't know what he should be doing. I've noticed a bit of that out of him this season .

So he is finally playing Lindy's system?

aka bad goaltending.

I disagree. He got his paddle on it and it took a weird bounce. But if it makes you feel better to say Miller screwed the pooch, then be my guest. Actually, seeing as you are more hopeful that they lose this game, perhaps it was really good goaltending by Miller.

GO SABRES!!!

Geno does the call and Ditullio provides color, which is a tolerable amount. I can't listen to his radio show, but in this role he's good.

The moment he opens his mouth it's like a crowd of sumo wrestlers walking in a ball pit filled with cats.

Can the Sabres just hire Duff? His comments are at least relevant. He almost has to lead Gare into making a comment on the game.

So what's with the Optimum signs hanging ON THE GLASS behind the nets... it seems like that should not be allowed. I've never seen that before.

It's a super-imposed image only seen by the TV viewing audience. It's been around for a couple years. See it a lot in Philly and DC.

It's also only viewable from the main TV camera shot. Notice it's not there when they go to other shots.

GO SABRES!!!

The moment he opens his mouth it's like a crowd of sumo wrestlers walking in a ball pit filled with cats.

Can the Sabres just hire Duff? His comments are at least relevant. He almost has to lead Gare into making a comment on the game.

In Ditullio's defense that's what a lot of people think RJ sounds like ;)

For the most part on Offense, the Sabres look pretty strong, but in their own zone, I'm holding my breath.

Because of the last few games, when Roy gets the puck, I find myself expecting him to do something with it, silly me.

I noticed this in last night's game, I was wondering if he was hurt, although it seems to be happening in the Defensive zone, so I wonder if he's being told not to be too aggressive in their end and play position.

So he is finally playing Lindy's system?

Good call.

Archived