GDT: Buffalo at NY Rangers (2/25/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

I don't think I would trade either one for him. And I'm pretty sure you're not saying that you'd trade both guys for him.

Yes. I would trade 2 for 1. That would net the Sabres exactly the kind of player they've been dying for for the past FIVE YEARS as well as over $8MM in cap space.

The moment he opens his mouth it's like a crowd of sumo wrestlers walking in a ball pit filled with cats.

Haha awesome!! While his voice doesn't grate

on me much as you, his show content sucks a

fatty. Recalling the score of a 50 year old football game doesn't make you a sports aficionado. It makes you rain man.

I'd like to point out that while Kaleta got schooled on both the 2nd and 3rd goals, where was the defense in both cases?

Maybe Kaleta over backchecked. :P

Exactly, kaleta should never be the only one between gaborik and miller, and someone mentioned that Roy bailed on the play earlier.

From the view they showed you could clearly see Roy blew his coverage on Callahan. Lindy went as far as throwing Weber under the bus to bail out Kaleta on the 2nd goal.

When they showed the view from above you could clearly see that it should of been Roy picking up Callahan, who was all alone on the same wing as Roy, who lollygagged back up the ice then totally peeled off away from Callahan, where as Kaleta was already deep in our zone while Callahan was still at center ice. I'm not saying Kaleta didn't get schooled, but to me it was clearly Roy's responsibility to pick up Callahan and I'm not saying this just because I hate Derek Roy.

Also to me I think it was stupid to roll 3 lines most of the game (1 shift for the 4th line in the 3rd period) in the 2nd game of a back to back nights, the Sabres looked gassed at the end and I'm just not saying this because I hate Lindy Ruff.

you are on the money...with your assessment..

Yes. I would trade 2 for 1. That would net the Sabres exactly the kind of player they've been dying for for the past FIVE YEARS as well as over $8MM in cap space.

If the Sabres ever approached the Rangers with that offer I doubt the Rangers would even consider it. Callahan is the type of player that makes you feel pride in your team. There is not a single player on the Sabres roster that gives me that feeling.

I'd still like to know how the Sabres manage to let tremendous local talent literally skate away. Patrick Kane and Ryan Callahan - jeebus - Kane a native of Buffalo, Callahan a Rochesterian. And we lose John Tortorella too, apparently so we can keep Sourpuss McGruff on the payroll until he reaches retirement age LOLOL!!!

I'd still like to know how the Sabres manage to let tremendous local talent literally skate away. Patrick Kane and Ryan Callahan - jeebus - Kane a native of Buffalo, Callahan a Rochesterian. And we lose John Tortorella too, apparently so we can keep Sourpuss McGruff on the payroll until he reaches retirement age LOLOL!!!

Kane was drafted 1st overall, not sure I would file that one under "local talent litterally skating away."

Why is Kaleta on the ice in OT?

We need offense to score. I don't think he should be on the ice at that point.

IMHO

My only thought on that is we were playing for the shootout. The MSG NY announcers had said prior to the goal (jinx us) that 4 of our last 8 wins came via the shootout and Buffalo wouldn't mind getting there. If that was the thinking then I could see Kalata out there because he is a good defender generally speaking. However, I do question the decision because it was obvious (IMO) that Kalata was having an off night prior to that goal.

Some random thoughts on the game-

-Pretty fun game.

-Kaleta in overtime? We have to be trying to lose.

-The Sabres looked absolutely gassed on OT.

-Ranger fans are morons. Listening to them was one of the more entertaining aspects of the game for me.

-I know they keep showing those commercials about the remodeled Garden, but it's lipstick on a pig because that place is a dump. Sightlines are awful! We couldn'e see the scoreboard or the near corner from our seats. Just awful! And if you can find a bathroom, there's like 2 urinals and a line that reaches 7th ave. I can't stress what a dump MSG is.

-Miller's first goal,... :wallbash:

-if we didn'e get 2 pts, I wish we wouldn't have gotten 1.

-I'd rather see Adam centering Vanek than Roy.

-Did I mention what a dump MSG is?

Some random thoughts on the game-

-Pretty fun game.

-Kaleta in overtime? We have to be trying to lose.

-The Sabres looked absolutely gassed on OT.

-Ranger fans are morons. Listening to them was one of the more entertaining aspects of the game for me.

-I know they keep showing those commercials about the remodeled Garden, but it's lipstick on a pig because that place is a dump. Sightlines are awful! We couldn'e see the scoreboard or the near corner from our seats. Just awful! And if you can find a bathroom, there's like 2 urinals and a line that reaches 7th ave. I can't stress what a dump MSG is.

-Miller's first goal,... :wallbash:

-if we didn'e get 2 pts, I wish we wouldn't have gotten 1.

-I'd rather see Adam centering Vanek than Roy.

-Did I mention what a dump MSG is?

Are you crazy? I was at the same game... you must have been up at the top balcony. The place is friggen amazin. Pegula should take some notes. Amazing how the crowd is actually into the game rather than sitting on their butts eaying ice cream and watching the kiss cam.

Are you crazy? I was at the same game... you must have been up at the top balcony. The place is friggen amazin. Pegula should take some notes. Amazing how the crowd is actually into the game rather than sitting on their butts eaying ice cream and watching the kiss cam.

Dump.

I was in the upper level, but I've sat in the lower bowl in the past and it's too flat and puts you too far away. I can't stand what looks like scoffolding in the corners blocking the view. It looks like they are playing in a warehouse. I'm sure it's a great place to see a concert, but a hockey game?... not so much.

It's easy for them to be into it since they actually have something to cheer for this year. I've been to many games there in the past where they sat on their hands. It wasn't ice cream, but I once saw a guy eating sushi.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Agreed, you are not allowed to sign players while they are in Grade 10, lol

LOL - well, hopefully we broke some other city's hearts by grabbing their talent. like Roy - Maple Leafs are probably still smarting over us stealing him away from their scouts. LOL

LOL - well, hopefully we broke some other city's hearts by grabbing their talent. like Roy - Maple Leafs are probably still smarting over us stealing him away from their scouts. LOL

Brian Campbell played for Ottawa in Juniors and we got him in the fifth round. You think the Sens wish they had that draft back? Especially when you think about how close they were in 2006 and 2007?

Archived