GDT: Buffalo vs. Boston (2/24/2012, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

They should be focused on getting something for him, though, and they might need the RFA status in order to do that. How many more games does he need?

Chz is probably the one to answer this but 68 games rings a bell with me. He's at 44 now so..........

and honestly, I don't think he's shown well enough for us to get anything out of him anyway. He's a borderline NHL'er at this point.

Chz is probably the one to answer this but 68 games rings a bell with me. He's at 44 now so..........

and honestly, I don't think he's shown well enough for us to get anything out of him anyway. He's a borderline NHL'er at this point.

I beg to differ. He has almost one full season under his belt at the NHL level. He is still pretty young to say that ship has sailed. Other teams will look at his plus minus it is the best on a the team. He has value.

He's at 66 career game so far (playoffs count). He needs to get up to 80, so that means 14 more games. He may just be a marginal NHLer, but I'd much rather the team holds onto an asset. Being retained in no way guarantees he's filling an NHL roster spot.

And as for Tropp, I hate mentioning it, but if he were to pretend Lucic and Marchand were Steven Kampfer, I just might look the other way. Hell, Kampfer's with the Bruins so maybe they'll accidentally put his jersey on the wrong guy.

65 games.

I beg to differ. He has almost one full season under his belt at the NHL level. He is still pretty young to say that ship has sailed. Other teams will look at his plus minus it is the best on a the team. He has value.

Ok, mid to late round value. Whatever.

He's at 66 career game so far (playoffs count). He needs to get up to 80, so that means 14 more games. He may just be a marginal NHLer, but I'd much rather the team holds onto an asset. Being retained in no way guarantees he's filling an NHL roster spot.

And as for Tropp, I hate mentioning it, but if he were to pretend Lucic and Marchand were Steven Kampfer, I just might look the other way. Hell, Kampfer's with the Bruins so maybe they'll accidentally put his jersey on the wrong guy.

Re MAG: if the team isn't going anywhere anyway, get him his 14 games and keep the asset.

Tropp: I hate agreeing with it as much as you hate mentioning it.

No one called up yet. Looks like Grags on offense.

Not that I want to see Grags on the blueline, but I think Sekera would be better on the front line. He typically leads a few rushes every game already.

He provided one of the single most entertaining moments of this season:

Then again... HOLY SH*T!! :w00t:

Just what we need. I'd take Tropp in the lineup over McCormick and Boyes 10 out of 10 times. i forgot about him whooping Rinaldo's ass -- he's a tough cookie so props to Tropp. Good game to call him up for, need all the grit we can get.

What about marcus foligno, he is big, tough, and leads the Amerks in scoring??

I like Tropp but Foligno scores and fights.

Edit: I was thinking after I wrote this that I have seen Foligno in a full mask the past couple games, so maybe thats why......but still.

Maybe, maybe...a late round pick for him if you can bamboozle some GM but I think he's shown defensively he's shaky at best.

That's fine; something is better than nothing. Maybe even a couple of players for your team down the interstate.

There are few who could take on Lucic and win, we have 0 of those players. Our best bet at a fair fight with Lucic is it Ruff shouts him to death. Having said which if Finley ever makes it to an NHL regular he might have a chance. Either that or wait till he retires and run him over in the street.

What have you seen from Finley that makes you believe he would be a match for Lucic? :blink:

Archived