GDT: Buffalo vs. Boston (2/24/2012, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

Recently I heard media personnel say, I don't care how good Gaustad is playing, get rid of him, it's time for a change.

So you get rid of the guy that does all the intangibles that don't make the stats list.

I guess I am one of the one's that see's value in Gaustad; after all, we are talking about a fourth line center.

I have been watching Gaustad for several years now being used as a first line shut down player.

I have seen the Gaustad line frustrate big Joe Thorton, Ovechkin, Malkin, etc...

How many fourth line players get an opportunity to do that?

I think Gaustad is the least of our problems.

On might say he is not worth the money they spend; I would say, who is?

So Tropp is up and I think Boyes is out, altho I'm not sure of the extent of his injury. Kubina sat out in TB before he was traded to Philly ... maybe there are plans for Boyes?

Possibility; it would make sense to sit a guy already marked for trade considering who they are playing tonight.

Anything is possible.

EEESH ... just when I thought 98% of those here lived and died by your word ...

Sarcasm my friend. I'd think maybe you passed right by these while reading the thread

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21011-gdt-buffalo-vs-boston-2242012-730pm/page__view__findpost__p__364927

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21011-gdt-buffalo-vs-boston-2242012-730pm/page__view__findpost__p__364946

I hope you are right about Boyes for Brown.

I have been watching Brown play for years out here on the west coast; he is a tough, tenacious player.

Ever time the Sabres come out on their west coast trip we make it out to L.A. and Anaheim for the games.

It would be nice to see Brown in a Sabres uniform on the 29th for the Sabres and Ducks game.

Boyes got traded to the Kings for Brown.

Not so far-fetched.

LOS ANGELES: The Kings made the first major trade leading up to the 2012 trade deadline, and reports are they may not be done. After landing Jeff Carter from Columbus for defenseman Jack Johnson and a first-round pick, TSN's Bob McKenzie reported GM Dean Lombardi will consider trading captain Dustin Brown.

McKenzie reported Thursday morning that eight teams -- Boston, Buffalo, Edmonton, New Jersey, the N.Y. Rangers, Philadelphia, Toronto and Vancouver -- have expressed "high interest" in Brown. He has two years and $3.175 million left in his contract.

How many fourth line players get an opportunity to do that?

I think Gaustad is the least of our problems.

The only problem with Gaustad is you can't pay 4th line players $2.5m/yr and have money left over for 1st line players. I'd say he's playing on the third line right now anyways, where it's more reasonable but still a bit rich.

The only problem with Gaustad is you can't pay 4th line players $2.5m/yr and have money left over for 1st line players. I'd say he's playing on the third line right now anyways, where it's more reasonable but still a bit rich.

What are you going to say when he is being paid $3.5m/yr for the next 4?

Archived