GDT: Islanders at Sabres 2/21/12 7:00pm

spndnchz

We'll take what we can get. Just got to keep making sure we get at least a point a game. I really liked what I saw tonight. One blemish the whole game and that was the Islanders only goal. Especially liked Gerbe, Roy, Stafford and Myers tonight.

I only got to see the third but based on that and watching some highlights, The Hoff looked like he had a good game. Ever since Myers and him have been healthy and playing that top pair, the more I like Ehrohoff. I really think that can be a legit top pair for a long time. Well we've atleast got them both locked up for a long time.

I only got to see the third but based on that and watching some highlights, The Hoff looked like he had a good game. Ever since Myers and him have been healthy and playing that top pair, the more I like Ehrohoff. I really think that can be a legit top pair for a long time. Well we've atleast got them both locked up for a long time.

Ehrhoff was great defensively, he has a great way of reaching around players from behind and legally taking the puck away from them. Noone else can do that like he can. If he stops hitting posts we're set with offensive defensemen!

We may see a goal race developing between vanek and pominville, at the very least that should be fun for the rest of the season.

Despite the 4-game slump the Sabres are still on a .667 points pace since Jan 24.

PTR

As fun as these last few wins were, it's like I'm cheating because I just can't help but feel guilty about cheering for them as our draft pick takes a hit and the chances of a major team shakeup takes a hit.

Here we go again though (similar late surge to last yr)

As fun as these last few wins were, it's like I'm cheating because I just can't help but feel guilty about cheering for them as our draft pick takes a hit and the chances of a major team shakeup takes a hit.

Here we go again though (similar late surge to last yr)

My hunch is if they beat Boston Friday the Sabres will not be sellers. FYI I will be at that game.

If the Sabres don't take the opportunity at this trade deadline to rid this roster of some dead weight it'll be another year of frustration next year.IMO. My guess is Darcy will make the token move or two that doesn't really improve this club substantially.

Nice game tonight:

1. But there were stretches where the Islanders had too much of the run of play.

2. Nice of the Sabres to stand up when Miller and Gerbe took sticks to their faces and the refs did nothing.

3. Upthread, someone mentioned the uncalled interference w/ Gerbe, and that person is right.

4. Weber can turn a boxing match into a wrestling contest pretty well. And it looks like he's a hell of a wrestler. And what a great, clean, open-ice hit. In years past, Cap'n Crunch would have jumped into that one with a leading elbow or shoulder. Weber stayed within the letter and spirit of the new rules and laid out a good one.

5. Can anyone who had the benefit of commentary fill me in on what was going on between Parenteau and Kaleta? The initial confrontation was in the "blind corner" from my seats, and I didn't see what led to the second one, either. The third time, it had to do with no. 3 above.

6. Miller looked great. Especially focusing on the quality, rather than quantity, of some of the shots he faced. Great job.

7. There are some players who, I think, are playing for the privilege of being Sabres next season. Drew Stafford ain't one of them.

8. Ehrhoff impresses me more every game.

9. Leino got chippy a few times tonight! That was kind of fun to see.

10. The effort--the team-wide effort--on the Myers goal was fantastic. It's nice to see the D-man jump working out, because I love that strategy. And when Miller is on his game, the team can afford to do it more.

11. Saw a win with his dad for the first time in about forever. It was nice to take him to a game and not leave with ten minutes left in the third. (We did leave a little early, but he needs a little extra time.)

And they've been the biggest sellers in the league.

And beat Anaheim tonight after the trade of Steve Downie, who was Stamkos' roommate and very close to a lot of the Lightning players. Shows a sell off can work with the right

personnel left holding down the fort ...

Archived