GDT: Penguins at Sabres 2/19/2012 12:30PM

qwksndmonster

Snowboarding all morning and then I'll have the game on. I hope another Toronto loss does not stall Darcy into getting into sell mode. It is not even where the Sabres are in the standings that is upsetting, it is the mental makeup of this team that reveals the red flags. I like the fact that it is on national TV even though the season is over.How about a 8-7 loss with stafford and roy combining for 2 hat tricks which leads to their exportation on Monday.....

Snowboarding all morning and then I'll have the game on. I hope another Toronto loss does not stall Darcy into getting into sell mode. It is not even where the Sabres are in the standings that is upsetting, it is the mental makeup of this team that reveals the red flags. I like the fact that it is on national TV even though the season is over.How about a 8-7 loss with stafford and roy combining for 2 hat tricks which leads to their exportation on Monday.....

I'd rather an 8-7 win with the same aftermath, but I get where you're headed with this.

My feeling are so jumbled on this game (and the rest of the season), I could never root for a team I love to lose, but a loss may be the best thing for them. I'm sort of anticipating the season to come to an end, it's been painful, with the bad play, terrible coaching and the MSG fiasco, it 's been hard to watch (or not watch).

I just got a feeling about this one. Sabres 4-1 even though the Pens have pretty much owned the Sabres for the last decade.

However if its not a good game and the Pens win, I hope they completely embarass Buffalo.

A big loss to this team seems to rile up the management more than others.

I just got a feeling about this one. Sabres 4-1 even though the Pens have pretty much owned the Sabres for the last decade.

However if its not a good game and the Pens win, I hope they completely embarass Buffalo.

Not OUR management.

I'm sure Team Pegula has been focusing all their attention on updating the Larry Quinn 'Man Games Lost to Injury' spreadsheet for the post-season press conference.

I'm especially blown away by the "It's all your fault, heartless, heartless Buffalo media" excuse, he's added to the "reasons the Buffalo Sabres suck, that are absolutely no fault of management" book.

When exactly was the last time anyone in the Sabres front office seemed riled up over a big loss?

They may say something in the press, but riled up?

No way, that requires a pulse and at least an ounce of testosterone, and management has neither.

I'm especially blown away by the "It's all your fault, heartless, heartless Buffalo media" excuse, he's added to the "reasons the Buffalo Sabres suck, that are absolutely no fault of management" book.

When exactly was the last time anyone in the Sabres front office seemed riled up over a big loss?

They may say something in the press, but riled up?

No way, that requires a pulse and at least an ounce of testosterone, and management has neither.

I'm not sure about the first part (Pegula blaming the media) but I'd be interested in taking a look.

The last time the front office said something about a loss, people here were pissed, IIRC. It was Pegula's comment about goaltending.

They were just totally embarrassed in Philly Thursday night and there wasn't a peep from management, in fact Pegula and Black are shown in their box at the FNC the next night looking quite content and showing no signs of concern.

Archived