GDT: Canadiens at Sabres 2-17-12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Two teams jostling for position in the Eastern Conference will face off -- and both are running out of time. The Sabres have lost three straight while the Canadiens are on a two-game slide, and neither is close to eighth place in the East.

Who's Hot: Erik Cole has goals in three straight games and keyed Montreal's third-period comeback Wednesday with an assist and game-tying goal. … Pominville has goals in three straight games and points in six.

The best you can hope for as a Sabres fan is the players continuing to quite on their coach and forcing Pegula to do something.

You mean changes to the roster, right?

I can't believe I am dreading going to a Friday night game vs Montreal sitting at center ice. NEVER would I have thought it would come to this, never, ever, ever, ever......

I feel the same way about Sunday's game. When I picked those tickets, I was looking forward to a Sunday afternoon, NFL-like atmosphere. Now, I'm questioning whether to go.

Not at all exited over this, feels like that horrible losing streak all over again. Apathy from the team and the fans.. Just bottom out, get the nr 2 pick, sell half theteam at the deadline, and restart this horrible team in the offseason. Can't stand this. But I will watch tonight, as always..

The best you can hope for as a Sabres fan is the players continuing to quite on their coach and forcing Pegula to do something.

This.

I don't think I can bear to watch these two teams play. I picture a sissy fight in a grade school playground complete with slap punches and hair pulling. I agree with DeLuca67. Maybe there will be a change. If Pegula isn't as frustrated as the rest of us then Houston, we have a problem.

Serious question for the people who are going to watch this game: Why? What are you expecting to see that will entertain you or make you happy? Even if the Sabres do miraculously put together 60 minutes of good hockey, we all know it's an outlier.

The Sabres aren't good and watching them isn't fun.

Serious question for the people who are going to watch this game: Why? What are you expecting to see that will entertain you or make you happy? Even if the Sabres do miraculously put together 60 minutes of good hockey, we all know it's an outlier.

Because I behave irrationally when it comes to sports. Doesn't matter how terrible my teams are, I still have to watch them. Also, I hate talking to people who just say "oh I haven't watched in months, they're terrible, fire everybody" (any team, not just the Sabres). That guy may very well be right, but he'd be right for all the wrong reasons. I don't want to be that guy.

Plus I'm sick, and I'm the worst sick person in the world. Even things that normally make me happy, or laugh, really do nothing for me when I'm sick. So if I'm going to be miserable tonight, I may as well go big.

You have to watch for different purposes now. Look for the little game-within-a-game stuff. Last night I focused on Kassian and Ennis. My mindset now is to watch for what next season may bring. And I am looking forward to the trade deadline. I watch with the expectation that several guys are going to be sold off, meaning we'll have some more rpospects in the lineup for the remainder of the season. And then I'll watch to see how the prospects are adjusting and what their game looks like. And if a good game happens to break out? Bonus.

Who cares if its an outlier? If they put together 60 minutes of good hockey, I just watched a good hockey game and that also means that they beat the Canadians as an added bonus.

And its a Friday night I am plannig to stay at home on, what else am I supposed to watch thats entertaining?

You have to watch for different purposes now. Look for the little game-within-a-game stuff. Last night I focused on Kassian and Ennis. My mindset now is to watch for what next season may bring. And I am looking forward to the trade deadline. I watch with the expectation that several guys are going to be sold off, meaning we'll have some more rpospects in the lineup for the remainder of the season. And then I'll watch to see how the prospects are adjusting and what their game looks like. And if a good game happens to break out? Bonus.

You're right, but it's so much easier to do that live.

Because I behave irrationally when it comes to sports. Doesn't matter how terrible my teams are, I still have to watch them. Also, I hate talking to people who just say "oh I haven't watched in months, they're terrible, fire everybody" (any team, not just the Sabres). That guy may very well be right, but he'd be right for all the wrong reasons. I don't want to be that guy.

Plus I'm sick, and I'm the worst sick person in the world. Even things that normally make me happy, or laugh, really do nothing for me when I'm sick. So if I'm going to be miserable tonight, I may as well go big.

These both apply to me as I will always come back no matter how poor my teams perform or how poorly run I believe them to be. (See: The Buffalo Bills.) I stopped watching the Sabres in 2008 but rushed back to watch every game after they traded Brian Campbell for Steve Bernier. Because, at that point, it seemed possible that Bernier was going to be a big part of our future and I wanted to check that out.

Tonight's game won't even have that though. It's mostly players I want to see gone. I'll be back after the firesale. And in the meantime, I hope Vanek and Pominville each score a goal per game and that we lose every game for the rest of the season. Also, I hope the Miller for Kane trade happens so that we can have Patrick Kane and so that I can watch Miller try for the Cup this year in Chicago. I have tickets to the Blackhawks home finale on April 1st.

Assuming he identifies the need for change.

What is it about Buffalo owners and other staff? Why do they all become a part of Status Quo once they take over here, instead of ending it?

You're right, but it's so much easier to do that live.

Agreed. But I am going to get my fix whether it uis live or on the tube. I have no desire to become the guy who yells obscenities at the TV and looks to kick the dog at the end of bad games, so my mindset changes at times like these. Right now I am pretty emotionally detached from this roster. I'm watching to see where it leads because I am expecting that it leads somewhere I'll find entertaining somewhere down the road. I'm looking to see who I think can be a part of it mostly.

Oh, and the keystone cops stuff like the Ruff-Stafford exchange and Pominville running into his teammate and ruining a scoring play become rather entertaining in a slapstick sort of way. I can't get mad at it right now because I am finding humor in it. And everyone loves a good comedy, right?

I enjoying being at the game last night. The beer helped. I'll watch just about every game left this season, it's just what I do.

Let's go Bu... aw, ###### it.

Same here ... just hoping to see one of those 'now if only they did THAT every game' type of games.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Archived