Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

If SBU's campus activity board's tweet gets enough favorites they're going to set up a trip in March to go see the Otters play. Made a twitter account to give it a vote. Tank go help me out! :P

Will do. That'd be pretty cool. They'll just need to advertise it well.

Got a link?

Edited by Tank

Will do. That'd be pretty cool. They'll just need to advertise it well.

Got a link?

:) I don't know if they'll count those that aren't students (anymore) but here's the twitter account: https://twitter.com/SBUCAB 

It's the third story down. My jaw dropped when I saw that, because I had been bummed that they didn't do the Sabres game this year. I think this will be even better. Thanks a bunch! 

As for advertising it well, had I not been informed by a friend who was taking photos of a member of CAB throughout their day as a photo journalism project, I would have never seen it until after they had decided to do it or not. Then again, I'm the only one here not on twitter, presumably :P 

Please bring a bunch!!! People down here know the score and love to show you some hospitality......

Huh? :p

:) I don't know if they'll count those that aren't students (anymore) but here's the twitter account: https://twitter.com/SBUCAB

It's the third story down. My jaw dropped when I saw that, because I had been bummed that they didn't do the Sabres game this year. I think this will be even better. Thanks a bunch!

As for advertising it well, had I not been informed by a friend who was taking photos of a member of CAB throughout their day as a photo journalism project, I would have never seen it until after they had decided to do it or not. Then again, I'm the only one here not on twitter, presumably :P

Done! I got free tickets for a game towards the beginning of the season when I planned on being there for job training but got a different job between now and then so didn't end up going. Saw him here in Buffalo, though. Well worth it.

Huh? :P

Done! I got free tickets for a game towards the beginning of the season when I planned on being there for job training but got a different job between now and then so didn't end up going. Saw him here in Buffalo, though. Well worth it.

Thanks a bunch man! I'll post pictures if they end up organizing it, I can't wait. I haven't shut up about it since I found out so everyone is calling me "Mrs. McDavid" now :P 

It was a bad aerial hoops joke. Now NS has to show me how to apologize with class.

haha I wasn't aware there were aerial elements in 50 Shades. I've never read/seen it. I have some friends with very heavy opinions about it, but that's the extent of my knowledge. 

But aerial hoops is a lot of fun. Martial arts and cossack riding all came back to me and helped a lot. Makes you feel all graceful, even if you're not! An advanced class was in there doing aerial silks and other circus trapeze things and i just wanted to paint them all. Absolutely fascinating to watch. Very glad I'm giving this a shot. 

That would be a famous quote, not infamous.

Ahh A stickler for details...

"You want a friend in Washington....get a dog"

"You can't stand the heat ...get out of the kitchen"

or quite possible the most oft quoted...

"THE BUCK STOPS HERE"

he he he

Edited by Woods-Racer

Just to make you laugh... but it's a Truman Quote...

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..."

but given the context.....and running with the instigator/sarcasm set of scissors you carry....

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.." 

Just to make you laugh... but it's a Truman Quote...

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..."

but given the context.....and running with the instigator/sarcasm set of scissors you carry....

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.." 

:w00t:

That turd one is funny, but nope.

And your official entry ... nope, but thanks for playing the game.

Now, tell him about his splendid parting gifts, Johnny.

:w00t:

That turd one is funny, but nope.

And your official entry ... nope, but thanks for playing the game.

Now, tell him about his splendid parting gifts, Johnny.

Whenever I make a bum decision, I go out and make another one. ;)

But, as they said, to err is Truman. 

So I ended up sitting next to this guy on the flight home last week:

It's more awesome in a "How the heck does he do that?" way than anything else, since I disagree with the idea of hunting for sport.  I had no idea stuff like this existed.

So I ended up sitting next to this guy on the flight home last week:

It's more awesome in a "How the heck does he do that?" way than anything else, since I disagree with the idea of hunting for sport.  I had no idea stuff like this existed.

That's pretty fascinating. Good thing he wasn't doing bird calls while you're on the plane... 

That's pretty fascinating. Good thing he wasn't doing bird calls while you're on the plane... 

Yeah I was a little worried he was going to start demonstrating when we were talking about coyote calls, lol.

Or snake calls.

Took me a second...

:lol:

Yeah I was a little worried he was going to start demonstrating when we were talking about coyote calls, lol.

:lol:

Definitely sounds like a fun in flight talk/interesting one. I like to talk to my seatmates on my short hop from Roc to Detroit if they initiate. Sure have had some interesting ones. The retired gent who specialized in antique motorcycles was a great one- he was really excited to be talking 1930s Harleys with someone :) 

You just never know.... Professional predator hunter caller dude is probably about the last profession you'd expect to discover... 

Definitely sounds like a fun in flight talk/interesting one. I like to talk to my seatmates on my short hop from Roc to Detroit if they initiate. Sure have had some interesting ones. The retired gent who specialized in antique motorcycles was a great one- he was really excited to be talking 1930s Harleys with someone :)

You just never know.... Professional predator hunter caller dude is probably about the last profession you'd expect to discover... 

Pretty much what I was thinking on that flight, haha.  I normally keep to myself and was kind of hoping to nap on this one, but he was friendly / chatty and the topic ended up being pretty interesting, so it worked out.  Dude actually has a BS in Wildlife Ecology and seemed to have a healthy respect for the animals vs. the stereotypical hunter.  I am glad it was only from Detroit to Harrisburg, though... not sure I could've maintained interest over a longer flight.   ;)