What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Southern Tier Pumking, Slow Cooked pulled pork over top of a 1/4lb burger patty with a side of sweet potato tatertots... the food down here has been awesome...

Just a kind word of advice from someone who moved to the South at about your age: Eat up! But work it off. And I mean it; you'll gain 30 before you know it if you don't. (I did work it off, by the way; it kills stress and weight.) The food down there is too incredible to resist, and will absolutely bloat you if you don't work it off. Lift (not to build, but to boost metabolism) and do something aerobic (run, bike, blade, whatever), and eat on, young Liger!

Just a kind word of advice from someone who moved to the South at about your age: Eat up! But work it off. And I mean it; you'll gain 30 before you know it if you don't. (I did work it off, by the way; it kills stress and weight.) The food down there is too incredible to resist, and will absolutely bloat you if you don't work it off. Lift (not to build, but to boost metabolism) and do something aerobic (run, bike, blade, whatever), and eat on, young Liger!

I've been trying to work a 2mile run into my day with some mixed success I went twice the first week and only once last week... but today I will go and tomorrow and friday. After a 9 hour day it is hard to stay motivated. :beer: I will eat on and drink :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken cordon bleu, twice-baked potato, green beans.

All lovingly sent to my by my sis last birthday, for a day when I didn't feel like cooking.

That day is today, not in least bit because she's coming to Buffalo for Thanksgiving and I want to show that it has been eaten.

But wow, this is tremendous. I mean it, amazing. The chicken is juicy, the potato is perfectly textured, and the green beans taste like they were pulled out of the garden this morning.

I can't recommend it enough; if you have a person on your gift list who is hard to buy for, consider the chix from Omaha Steaks. The recipient will not be disappointed.

Chicken cordon bleu, twice-baked potato, green beans.

All lovingly sent to my by my sis last birthday, for a day when I didn't feel like cooking.

That day is today, not in least bit because she's coming to Buffalo for Thanksgiving and I want to show that it has been eaten.

But wow, this is tremendous. I mean it, amazing. The chicken is juicy, the potato is perfectly textured, and the green beans taste like they were pulled out of the garden this morning.

I can't recommend it enough; if you have a person on your gift list who is hard to buy for, consider the chix from Omaha Steaks. The recipient will not be disappointed.

We buy that every once in a while and I always think it's a little on the pricey side,.. until someone gets it for us.

I've only been on the receiving end this one time. I am not disappointed. Good stuff.

:ph34r:

Alright...actually Omaha Steaks are good.

You need to search or wait out for the bargains. At the end of summer they usually have a blowout. Their Gourmet burgers are good....and about $1 and change a pop on clearance. Hotdogs sort of Nathan's-like, not bad. Their Filets wrapped in bacon are good. The chicken tenders are Italian style and good.

You just sort of have to do the math on their deals......I wait until the filets are about $5 a pop for the 5oz. They flash freeze and are good for over a year. Get a nice free shipping deal and experiment.

Cinnamon-Cayenne brownies, had to wander around work today giving them away before I ate the entire 8x8 dish. The first thing you get is the cinnamon, which fades into chocolate. Then, the cayenne makes a nice little burn at the end.

Sounds pretty amazing. I had a fantastic hot cocoa at a nice restaurant in Tuscon a while back with the same flavors... really brings out the chocolate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.