You can't make this stuff up! Roy:

Tony P

I'm quickly becoming labeled as a Sabres fanboy but even I want Roy gone. I can appreciate what you are saying but the truth does stand that Roy went out and the Sabres improved. Roy's history speaks for itself. The only thing I am thankful to Roy for is that his injury last year was the catalyst for Vanek improving his game. I still think Vanek has a way to go but I cannot ignore his improvement.

Your point about a real comment does ring true. It's a nice thing to hear but you just can't say that things are better now that there are no expectations. It's really not true either. We have expectations they just aren't the same as they were at the beginning of the season. In the beginning most people had the expectation the Sabres would be improved and could make a solid run into the playoffs. Now the expectations are that Roy will be traded, Regier/Ruff fired, and a multitude of other things. If I were a player I'd rather have fans expecting me to help the team, not having them expecting me to be traded.

I was never much for words from professional athletes. Actions speak louder and Roy's actions certainly tell a story so much so that my 7 year old son who has a signed Roy jersey and wears #9 on his hockey team accepts that Roy will be traded. That's saying something given that 2 months ago any mention of it to him would get him upset.

Glad you jumped in...stick around, they keep telling me it gets better. :)

You have intelligent and great points. My use of the word fanboy had to do with a culmination of the past 5 years. Some of the arguements you use as starting from scratch...TODAY...have been battled for 5 years, and in my opinion proves things could have improved far before today...and as much as people get tired of hearing the same viewpoint from someone as myself, that is what it will continue to be until something DOES change.

Keep the posts coming strong.

Thanx 4 the kind words. There are some great contributors here...

Now if we can get u to upload an avatar...

How about this one?

post-1415-0-41784100-1326232589_thumb.jpg

Hoppe's reply to my tweet:

"I don't think he meant it as a bad thing -- came off poorly, however."

Done and Done.

funny thing is, as soon as i signed in for my first post, i tried to changed me avatar just so i didn't have the timmy pic. i had two options that wouldn't upload...this pic fits my style even more.

thanks.

oh, and yes i do agree. there are a lot of great contributors to this board. that is why i think a lot of people have an identical first post as mine "been creepin for years, finally took the plunge"

Thanx 4 the kind words. There are some great contributors here...

Now if we can get u to upload an avatar...

How about this one?

post-1415-0-41784100-1326232589_thumb.jpg

Hoppe's reply to my tweet:

"I don't think he meant it as a bad thing -- came off poorly, however."

I actually have a soft spot for Roy for coming up with that costume. It's golden.

I'm quickly becoming labeled as a Sabres fanboy but even I want Roy gone. I can appreciate what you are saying but the truth does stand that Roy went out and the Sabres improved. Roy's history speaks for itself. The only thing I am thankful to Roy for is that his injury last year was the catalyst for Vanek improving his game. I still think Vanek has a way to go but I cannot ignore his improvement.

Your point about a real comment does ring true. It's a nice thing to hear but you just can't say that things are better now that there are no expectations. It's really not true either. We have expectations they just aren't the same as they were at the beginning of the season. In the beginning most people had the expectation the Sabres would be improved and could make a solid run into the playoffs. Now the expectations are that Roy will be traded, Regier/Ruff fired, and a multitude of other things. If I were a player I'd rather have fans expecting me to help the team, not having them expecting me to be traded.

I was never much for words from professional athletes. Actions speak louder and Roy's actions certainly tell a story so much so that my 7 year old son who has a signed Roy jersey and wears #9 on his hockey team accepts that Roy will be traded. That's saying something given that 2 months ago any mention of it to him would get him upset.

Glad you jumped in...stick around, they keep telling me it gets better. :)

i can see them moving him, and i have come to terms with that. i wish that they would get ride of some of these wingers and bring in a real center first.

there is a lot of talent on this team but it is obvious we need some ballsandeffort.

i am just hoping we can snag one or more of the great free agents this year and make some upgrades on the passion.

LET GO SABRES!

Wow. I have been reading this blog, consistently, for a couple of years now. this is my first post. chz always seems to have the breaking news and the inside scoop. Thank you chz, it is what keeps me coming back. the attitude on the board has really plummeted lately. this season sucks, changes do need to be made, this is the first time in my life that i am bored watching hockey, but i do know that it is only the first half of the first year that t. pegs has owned the team. relax.

the overreaction to derek roy's comment is mind boggling.

k-9 wrote: "I'm all for simply waiving him. Don't care if they don't get anything in return. They didn't last season when they made their run without him. He is simply expendable at this point."

come on...seriously? thats a joke right? honestly i think it is great to hear a real comment from a player instead of the old status quo "we need to bury our chances, we need to work harder."

it's not fair for me to complain, being someone that has always been on the outside looking in and not contributing, but this board needs a change of attitude, just as our buffalo sabres do.

i promise to contribute from here on out.

who cares about what derek roy says....the guy has been playing through a shoulder injury almost all year and just came back from a horrible leg injury, and you guys have done nothing but crap on him.

Go Sabres. Destroy Those Leafs tonight!!!!!!!!!

Has he not crapped on us? C'mon now he's a loser on a losing team saying he has no expectations. He just needs to go, and maybe he can take his boyfriend Stafford with him as well. I'd rather see Kassian up here learning the big league's game than watching those 2 UNDERACHIEVERS!

All I gotta say is you'd never hear this quote from Henrik Zetterberg or Teemu Selanne, or Martin Brodeur, or Brian Gionta, etc. You're hearing this filth from Roy because he's not disappointed that they aren't winning. He's relieved. They've finally dropped to a level where the pressure is off and now he feels comfortable. Well, he can take that attitude and go play for the Blue Jackets or some other crap team. He'd have fit right in on the Thrashers. Or maybe he and Yashin can buddy up. All I know is that I want a player who comes out and says that they've struggled and they're going to keep playing hard and try to win every game. But since this mindset exists in Derek Roy, then it no doubt exists in this team. He's a cancer and his BS attitude can take a hike.

I agree, except that now that Pegula has raised the stakes, the pressure is still on. The Sabres need to do something now to win or the players are going to get cut. The fans are not going to tolerate losing and if the players think that they are sorely mistaken.

Win now your get your #%$@#$% backside out of Buffalo and have decency to give up overpaid contract that you are not fullfilling Roy and Stafford. I think the Sabres should just waive them IMO because they are such cancers, but I doubt that will happen as long as Regier is there.

All this being said the Leaves suffered thru many years of high expectations and pathetic outcomes so I won't say anything will change until it actually does.

Surely that can't be true. I've not read the whole article yet but...wow. What happened to this player:

2003-04 Played in the NHL YoungStars Game

2002-03 Memorial Cup - Stafford Memorial Trophy (MVP)

2002-03 OHL - Wayne Gretzky Trophy (Playoff MVP)

2002-03 Memorial Cup - All-Star Team

1999-00 Canadian Major Junior - Plus/Minus Award

1999-00 Canadian Major Junior - Sportsmanlike Player of the Year

1999-00 Canadian Major Junior - All-Rookie Team

1999-00 OHL - Emms Family Award (Rookie of the Year)

1999-00 OHL - First All-Rookie Team

What the hell happened...

Surely that can't be true. I've not read the whole article yet but...wow. What happened to this player:

Simple, he went from being an important support piece on a team with a lot of natural leaders (Briere, Drury, Grier, Teppo, McKee) and within a year was expected to be one of the leaders (if not THE leader) at the age of 24. Major shock to the system and though his individual stats weren't particularily hurt by the experience he wasn't ready to 'grow up' and be the leader the team needed.

Maybe getting another chance to not be a 'leader' on a new team will allow him to grow into that role. But that ship has sailed here in Buffalo.

He is almost the perfect poster boy for a guy that needs a new start somewhere else. Maybe if he'd've been able to go to Regehr's team rather than the other way around he could have learned something from him.

"We had high expectations at the start of the year. We knew that,” said Sabres center Derek Roy, who has only eight goals and 24 points. “Going forward now there’s low expectations. So now it’s easier to play. We just play to lose , play fun. Go out there and play like a bunch of fannies.

fixed his statement

All that and then...Lindy got a hold of him lol.

You have intelligent and great points. My use of the word fanboy had to do with a culmination of the past 5 years. Some of the arguements you use as starting from scratch...TODAY...have been battled for 5 years, and in my opinion proves things could have improved far before today...and as much as people get tired of hearing the same viewpoint from someone as myself, that is what it will continue to be until something DOES change.

Keep the posts coming strong.

No worries, I didn't take exception to your use of the fanboy word. I understand where you are coming from. The one thing I am basing all my arguments on is that the current situation has only been around for 1 year. I'm just not ready to absolve Golisano/Quinn of handcuffing the team. Although after last night I am getting close to pure disgust.

I agree, except that now that Pegula has raised the stakes, the pressure is still on. The Sabres need to do something now to win or the players are going to get cut. The fans are not going to tolerate losing and if the players think that they are sorely mistaken.

Win now your get your #%$@#$% backside out of Buffalo and have decency to give up overpaid contract that you are not fullfilling Roy and Stafford. I think the Sabres should just waive them IMO because they are such cancers, but I doubt that will happen as long as Regier is there.

All this being said the Leaves suffered thru many years of high expectations and pathetic outcomes so I won't say anything will change until it actually does.

I still disagree about Stafford. Last night, besides the two STUPID penalties, he was one of the more motivated guys and actually hit people, so you know, I give him that. Pominville was still turning away. Roy will be back Friday, I'm sure and then he'll be gone soon thereafter. I think right now everyone on the Sabres knows SOMETHING is going to happen and they are all waiting for it.

Archived