GDT: Sabres @ Leafs 1/10/12 7PM

thesportsbuff

I'm sure he does. I'm also positive he doesn't coach this kind of hockey, either. I'm also sure he never played that way, either. I think he's beyond reaming them a new one in the locker room between periods. And I'm also sure he should do himself a favor and take a year off to recharge and then take his pick of whatever available jobs are there when he returns. I hope he gets a group that isn't afraid to play the puck possession game that he desires. Of course he'll need guys who actually DESIRE THE FU*KING PUCK to make that work. You know, like the guys we had just a few short years ago BEFORE Lindy all of a suddend forgot how to coach.

GO SABRES!!!

You obvuoisly haven't been watching the past 5 years. We've seen this same Lindy coached team that entire time. What exactly is the coaches job then if it isn't to get his players to play?

Well, there's that and being a liability in your own zone which he was for a few games there.

GO SABRES!!!

Wake up bro, every forward on the Sabres roster is a liability in their own zone. That's what happens when 90% of every game is played in your own zone. Kassian was one of the few guys who could sustain pressure and keep the puck in the opponent's zone... seriously you can give me every excuse imaginable for why Kassian was sent down, but I don't care if he was 18 years old with a wooden leg, he is FAR more effective than playing Ellis and McCormick every night. He has higher offensive upside than Gaustad and Kaleta.

The best excuse is "well he didn't score for the last 10 games." Well, that's because after two games without a goal he was relegated to playing with McCormick and Ellis. What do you expect him to do there? What has Luke Adam done in the last 20 games?

Lindy Ruff is a ###### DOLT and doesn't know what he's doing.

Well, there's that and being a liability in your own zone which he was for a few games there. But I think DeLuca made the point about cap constraints above.

GO SABRES!!!

Yep. DR took the gamble in signing him to this deal and now he's the one who has to deal with it because nobodies going to take that contract. If he and Stafford don't turn things around, we're going to have $8+ tied up in those two for the next three seasons.....

This is some of the most uninspired play I have seen. Aside from the Pittsburgh game, I can honestly say that I havent seen the Sabres play like this in a LONG time

I'll agree with you. It doesn't even look like they're trying (and they're not very good when they do try). This is such a big game in the standings since the leafs are one of the teams you can actually catch to make the playoffs and it looks like they're out for a family skate. I just don't understand.

Maybe Vanek got sick of this shite and traded himself. If DR isn't gonna do it Vanek took it upon himself to get out of here :bag:

He got tired of Lindy blaming him for everthing and fell asleep. he will be back when he wakes up.

I'll agree with you. It doesn't even look like they're trying (and they're not very good when they do try). This is such a big game in the standings since the leafs are one of the teams you can actually catch to make the playoffs and it looks like they're out for a family skate. I just don't understand.

Exactly. It's so frustrating as a fan to watch this, and then hear your favorite team's GM say that changes are NOT imminent...Because that makes sense... :death:

Well, I agree that we need different players but we can't ship'em all out...

You're right. I think Lindy needs different players more than our players need a different coach, which is the equivalent of pulling your goalie to wake up a team. I just don't think for a moment that even if this team wakes up they are all of a sudden going to contend. Lindy should leave for his own well being, he won't have any problem getting a new start.

I'd be willing to wager he'll be in far greater demand as a coach than our players are as players.

GO SABRES!!!

You're right. I think Lindy needs different players more than our players need a different coach, which is the equivalent of pulling your goalie to wake up a team. I just don't think for a moment that even if this team wakes up they are all of a sudden going to contend. Lindy should leave for his own well being, he won't have any problem getting a new start.

I'd be willing to wager he'll be in far greater demand as a coach than our players are as players.

GO SABRES!!!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Wake up bro, every forward on the Sabres roster is a liability in their own zone. That's what happens when 90% of every game is played in your own zone. Kassian was one of the few guys who could sustain pressure and keep the puck in the opponent's zone... seriously you can give me every excuse imaginable for why Kassian was sent down, but I don't care if he was 18 years old with a wooden leg, he is FAR more effective than playing Ellis and McCormick every night. He has higher offensive upside than Gaustad and Kaleta.

The best excuse is "well he didn't score for the last 10 games." Well, that's because after two games without a goal he was relegated to playing with McCormick and Ellis. What do you expect him to do there? What has Luke Adam done in the last 20 games?

Lindy Ruff is a ###### DOLT and doesn't know what he's doing.

I edited my post to reflect the point that DeLuca made about cap constraints. I'm sure that's the overiding reason for Kassian going back down.

And I'm quite awake, thanks.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived