Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

Well, Afr does take the franchise with him and we cannot hold rights to any players, then we basically will have to start over like Trenton did this year. Rebuilding and not knowing what players will be available for you to chose.

Trenton sucked last year though, this was a blessing in the skies for them. Recruiting will be hurt because callups can only be to Rochester. However, don't fret, nobody wants to play for Afr. Robbie has recruited every big name we've ever signed and word is he's staying local.

Don and Robbie are both part of new ownership group. Heard the same rumor again today from a more reliable source. I would give it an E2.

I am more of an EC fan than jackals. Afr can take the records and stats and everything else with him, so long as he leaves.

Just for clarification what is an E2?

So the reliable source says...Don and Robbie are part of the ownership group and that the First Arena(at the very least)has been sold?

Trenton sucked last year though, this was a blessing in the skies for them. Recruiting will be hurt because callups can only be to Rochester. However, don't fret, nobody wants to play for Afr. Robbie has recruited every big name we've ever signed and word is he's staying local.

Just for clarification what is an E2?

So the reliable source says...Don and Robbie are part of the ownership group and that the First Arena(at the very least)has been sold?

No. Don and Robbie and baseball is definite. More reliable source says is talking about the building only deal.

No. Don and Robbie and baseball is definite. More reliable source says is talking about the building only deal.

Good news. Will be interesting to see a career hockey guy attempting his hand at baseball. Though he did drag the Jackals out of the jaws of death to where they are today. I just cant see Robbie making a big difference this time around. Stadium is too old, bad side of town, etc.

Most of all i'm glad he is sticking around the area.

Interesting just saw a post by someone on Don's Facebook that said something about his team being on WETM tonight and it was well done. So i'm guessing it's pretty much a done deal that he is involved in the Pioneers Ownership? The Jackals were on the news though too tonight. Anyway they say the ownership announcement won't be til the end of the month.

Okay now whats Phase 2 that needs to happen in this situation of events?

One last thing to nitpick, I looked at his profile and did see under employer that it said "self employed" swo that could be a give away, interesting to see a few people have asked him where he was going but I guess he hasn't responded.

Interesting, I didn't think these minor league guys made that much for a nice living to be made and on top of it to eventually own sports teams. Granted I can't imagine a summer league collegiate team costs a bundle.

Now that we know that Don and Robbie are taking over the Pioneers and leaving the arena, that leaves us with the issue of the arena and hockey team. So it pretty much sounds like we will have a hockey team next year, just won't be named the Jackals as Afr would own that name. So what would be a good name for our team.

Now that we know that Don and Robbie are taking over the Pioneers and leaving the arena, that leaves us with the issue of the arena and hockey team. So it pretty much sounds like we will have a hockey team next year, just won't be named the Jackals as Afr would own that name. So what would be a good name for our team.

Something that makes fun of, destroys or rips on Afr.

Lets just say if this team WINS THE CUP and we never see that banner or anything i'll be pissed about it.

One last thing, Afr might be willing to part with the nickname change for a price, no?

In a serious matter I would say Express but:

A)The Chicago team already has it

B)The Elmira City school district would probably throw a huge hissy fit.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?

Meh. Let him keep the name. Never understod why we had a small African dog as a mascot.

The new name can be the Elmira Shackles.

Do they still play that song?

I always loved the idea of the shackles. Prison striped black and white unis with a big pair of handcuffs on the front. Perfect uni for a prison town!

Do they still play that song?

I always loved the idea of the shackles. Prison striped black and white unis with a big pair of handcuffs on the front. Perfect uni for a prison town!

It's tough to name a team when the things a town is known for is prisons and railroads. It seems like half the hockey teams in the minors are somehow named after railroad things.

I would name them the Elmira Firemen. But not after fire fighters. Firemen was a name for the guys who stoked the boilers on steam trains. Tough, gritty, strong guys. And the mascot/logos would be pretty cool.

http://americanhisto...object_169.html

post-1361-0-22579500-1325886109_thumb.jpg

Regionalization! Elmira is of course the ECHL's only team in NYS.

If the Jackals are not purchased and move to another arena, it's possible that Pegula could buy the Columbia Inferno, which is under voluntary suspension from the ECHL because an arena lease fell through. Last news I could find was that they were waiting for an arena to be constructed in Lexington County, SC.

It should be noted that no NHL team wholly owns an ECHL team. The last case of a pro team owning an ECHL team was the Trenton Devils debacle. The original Trenton Titans (affiliated with the Flyers and located in Trenton, right across the Delaware River from Philly) changed affiliation to the NJ Devils and the pro team rebranded the ECHL team into the Trenton Devils, pissing off all Trenton Titans/Flyers fans to no end. Combined with a losing record, Trenton hugged the bottom of the league in attendance, and ended up losing $1.5M in its final season before NJ folded the team. The ECHL stepped in, reformed the Trenton Titans, got them an ownership group, got them affiliated with the Flyers, and their attendance so far is up 10%.

It's tough to name a team when the things a town is known for is prisons and railroads. It seems like half the hockey teams in the minors are somehow named after railroad things.

I would name them the Elmira Firemen. But not after fire fighters. Firemen was a name for the guys who stoked the boilers on steam trains. Tough, gritty, strong guys. And the mascot/logos would be pretty cool.

http://americanhisto...object_169.html

post-1361-0-22579500-1325886109_thumb.jpg

Actually, Elmira doesn't have more or less history with trains then any other city - The Elmira Express that you hear referenced is Ernie Davis - he was a football star here in Elmira, played at Syracuse, was the first black Heisman Trophy winner, and died of cancer before ever playing a down in the pros. His knickname was "The Elmira Express".

We are somewhat known for our firetrucks, American LaFrance,the largest maker of firetrucks in America at one point, was based here.

Perhaps Elmira's biggest claim to fame is that it was the summer home of Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain. He married a local girl, and wrote his greatest works, including Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, in a study on Quarry Farm in the hills overlooking the city. The study now sits on the campus of Elmira College.

Actually, Elmira doesn't have more or less history with trains then any other city - The Elmira Express that you hear referenced is Ernie Davis - he was a football star here in Elmira, played at Syracuse, was the first black Heisman Trophy winner, and died of cancer before ever playing a down in the pros. His knickname was "The Elmira Express".

We are somewhat known for our firetrucks, American LaFrance,the largest maker of firetrucks in America at one point, was based here.

Perhaps Elmira's biggest claim to fame is that it was the summer home of Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain. He married a local girl, and wrote his greatest works, including Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, in a study on Quarry Farm in the hills overlooking the city. The study now sits on the campus of Elmira College.

Yup, I was doing a little reading this afternoon. Elmira has a pretty rich history. Unfortunately, it's hard to name a hockey team after a novelist. ;)

American LaFrance is a good point. Could call em the Laddermen...or uhh....the Pumpers.... :ph34r:

Yup, I was doing a little reading this afternoon. Elmira has a pretty rich history. Unfortunately, it's hard to name a hockey team after a novelist. ;)

American LaFrance is a good point. Could call em the Laddermen...or uhh....the Pumpers.... :ph34r:

Hosers???

Archived