Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

I am gonna have to do some snooping around. See what I can find out. Somebody has got to know or is willing to give up some info.

I saw on the other board on one of the deleted that you said you apparently know Don. Maybe you could ask him?!

BTTW your posts on there are a great read.

I do know Don, but he is a hard person to catch up with. Know a few other people though, will see what I can get from them. As for posts on the other site. I state what is on my mind if somebody does not like it, too bad.

Why is he so hard to catch up with? Well now I could see that being the case but all one had to do to catch up with up until the 16th was visit the Arena. Robbie is the only one I know but I don't know him well enough like that and even if Idid I woouldn't feel comfortable bringing it up to him because he basically runs the whole show being the GM. I like that you do that, always curious to see what the other fans think. Always felt like I was in the minority for dispising Afr. It's good for my own personal sake I never met the guy face to face because I would have done or said something bad.

The Elmira Jackals. An ECHL team that is based about two and a half hours Southeast of Buffalo. The First Arena (where the Jackals play and where I play adult league) is in need of rennovations and has been for some time now. Also, the management of the rec rink is pretty useless.

Who manages that? Some kid told me Don did. Granted this same kid didn't believe him when I told him way back in November that I heard Lewis was out the door at some point this season. I would love to see some expanding but thats a pipedream. Would be fun to compile a wish list of things to be fixed. Wonder if the ice issue from 2 years ago has been tackled yet>? What a disaster that was.

Hoping some changes are coming. Seems that things need to change around the arena and it needs to start with the owners. Lets just hope that the rumor flying around has some truth to it.

They can start with the assinine prices at the concession stands!!! Do any snooping today taz?

Rumor today is that Pegula has bought the First Arena, but not tha Jackals franchise. Rumor had it Afr will be moving the franchise to one of his other facilities at the end of the season.

I would be lying if I didn't say that was very strange. Hopefully we get an EXPANSION Franchise next season then? But I won't hold my breath. I had my fear that this would be the last season, based on some of the weird things going on this season....

Not the first time the franchises has been rumored for other pastures. They were supposed to go to Port Huron but Afr couldn't land the deal for the precious arena he wanted.

Rumor today is that Pegula has bought the First Arena, but not tha Jackals franchise. Rumor had it Afr will be moving the franchise to one of his other facilities at the end of the season.

So how sure are you on this rumor, percentage wise. If this is true, this could hurt our little town until a new franchise is brought in to replace the Jackals.

So how sure are you on this rumor, percentage wise. If this is true, this could hurt our little town until a new franchise is brought in to replace the Jackals.

Another big F to Scrooge(I mean Afr) You can surely buy an Expansion Franchise in an offseason. You just get screwed on the right to a protected list. This sucks. I liked Bingham as the coach. The guy is like 100 years old. Hes just doing this to piss everyone off. I recall like 6ish years ago the Franchise was all but bought and he balked at the closing.

I wrote an email to the echl to try and find out some info. lets see what kind of response I get from them.

Good luck, doubt they will spew anything but it's better than nothing I suppose. I think regardless we will see Hockey next year. A guy with this much money isn't buying an Arena in small Elmira NY just to say he owns it, wouldn't make since to own an arena in the middle of nowhere just to say you own it when you could do better obviously.

This rumor has a low reliability index. Just word on the street. If it is true, Pegula would have no problem getting a franchise in the First Arena by next October. The ECHL would fall all over themselves to give him anything he needs, including a supplemental draft off other teams restricted lists. No worries, Pegula wants an ECHL team to solidify his hockey empire, and he wants it in Elmira for geographic reasons.

Afr is probably loathe to part with it because the ECHL may not give him another franchise, so he will take it to one of his other facilities.

No one is running the rec rink - the place is on autopilot, and it is a a much used, integral part of the First Arena. The Youth Hockey organization rent nearly 40 hours of ice a week, most of it on the rec rink, and youth hockey is the single largest client of the First Arena besides the Jackals themselves.

Good luck, doubt they will spew anything but it's better than nothing I suppose. I think regardless we will see Hockey next year. A guy with this much money isn't buying an Arena in small Elmira NY just to say he owns it, wouldn't make since to own an arena in the middle of nowhere just to say you own it when you could do better obviously.

Here is what I got back from the email I sent to the ECHL:

We have had absolutely no communication with Mr. Afr with regard to a move of any kind. We have absolutely no knowledge of any such rumors.

Joe Babik

Director of Communications

ECHL

Here is what I got back from the email I sent to the ECHL:

We have had absolutely no communication with Mr. Afr with regard to a move of any kind. We have absolutely no knowledge of any such rumors.

Joe Babik

Director of Communications

ECHL

I figured they wouldn't tell you. They said what they had to say.

Heard on the news that our local baseball team the pioneers was sold. New owner is a local man. Funny how I heard Don, the ex assistant gm of the arena was heading to the pioneers this summer. could he and robbie be the new owners. As for our hockey team. from what I have read and heard, guess we will have to live with a rebuilding team next year.

This rumor has a low reliability index. Just word on the street. If it is true, Pegula would have no problem getting a franchise in the First Arena by next October. The ECHL would fall all over themselves to give him anything he needs, including a supplemental draft off other teams restricted lists. No worries, Pegula wants an ECHL team to solidify his hockey empire, and he wants it in Elmira for geographic reasons.

Afr is probably loathe to part with it because the ECHL may not give him another franchise, so he will take it to one of his other facilities.

No one is running the rec rink - the place is on autopilot, and it is a a much used, integral part of the First Arena. The Youth Hockey organization rent nearly 40 hours of ice a week, most of it on the rec rink, and youth hockey is the single largest client of the First Arena besides the Jackals themselves.

How big of a fan are you korab? I'm guessing season ticket holders like us?

The only thing is i'm not sure the ECHL has a dispersal/supplemental draft. They might but in our 5 years I don't think i ever saw such a thing. I love the team we have this year and there are 8 quality players easily to protect, though we do have a few career AHL guys on our squad. I hope nobody, not even the coach will want to move on with Afr. Where are the other locations where he owns facilities? I didn't think of that about Afr either but that is a very valid point. Getting in the ECHL with him as owner wasn't easy considering he has banishment for life by the AHL.

One thing though, I do hope we are entitled to keep our history and stats so the banners up can stay up and eventhough the 13th season would technically be a different franchise I would like to see it be as close to the same as it can be. Afr can have his stupid number back though to sweethearten that transaction. I was ticked they gave himk one, other then being owner hes done squat to deserve it.

I am open to a name change though. Elmira Sabres doesn't sound bad...

Heard on the news that our local baseball team the pioneers was sold. New owner is a local man. Funny how I heard Don, the ex assistant gm of the arena was heading to the pioneers this summer. could he and robbie be the new owners. As for our hockey team. from what I have read and heard, guess we will have to live with a rebuilding team next year.

Heard that Don AND Robbie were both investing in the Pioneers. Wonder if it will be minor league ball again???

THE PIECES ARE STARTING TO FALL IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW....Robbie technically counts as local now after living here 6 years.

Can you expand on your last sentence a bit taz?

Well, Afr does take the franchise with him and we cannot hold rights to any players, then we basically will have to start over like Trenton did this year. Rebuilding and not knowing what players will be available for you to chose.

How big of a fan are you korab? I'm guessing season ticket holders like us?

The only thing is i'm not sure the ECHL has a dispersal/supplemental draft. They might but in our 5 years I don't think i ever saw such a thing. I love the team we have this year and there are 8 quality players easily to protect, though we do have a few career AHL guys on our squad. I hope nobody, not even the coach will want to move on with Afr. Where are the other locations where he owns facilities? I didn't think of that about Afr either but that is a very valid point. Getting in the ECHL with him as owner wasn't easy considering he has banishment for life by the AHL.

One thing though, I do hope we are entitled to keep our history and stats so the banners up can stay up and eventhough the 13th season would technically be a different franchise I would like to see it be as close to the same as it can be. Afr can have his stupid number back though to sweethearten that transaction. I was ticked they gave himk one, other then being owner hes done squat to deserve it.

I am open to a name change though. Elmira Sabres doesn't sound bad...

Heard that Don AND Robbie were both investing in the Pioneers. Wonder if it will be minor league ball again???

THE PIECES ARE STARTING TO FALL IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW....Robbie technically counts as local now after living here 6 years.

Don and Robbie are both part of new ownership group. Heard the same rumor again today from a more reliable source. I would give it an E2.

I am more of an EC fan than jackals. Afr can take the records and stats and everything else with him, so long as he leaves.

Archived