Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

Heard Wheeling was already bought. Being told the buyers are not local and the team is moving to Savannah, GA. This is SOMEWHAT significant because the ECHL has 5-4 team divisions. Wonder if this means the Pegula/Gwinnett thing is gunna happen. Though the ECHL was already getting a Southern team in Orlando.

Interesting, saw this on another board:

Lot's going on behind the scenes with Don leaving abd buying the Pioneers with Robbie's wife (???). Something more afoot there? Some other things not for publishing yet as well.

Interesting, as it came from the guy who is telling us all not to believe the hype.

Taz, Korab....you guys know of any developments over the past 48 hours after Don's purchase?

Also the Wheeling to Savannah, GA rumor was squashed yesterday. Nailers not yet sold. Have a March 1st deadline to find a new owner, if not they will go dark.

Any report that mentions the involvement of Tamr Afr is per se unreliable. Tamr hasn't had any involvement with the franchise since the opening press conferences. The old man controls every aspect of the organization.

And Nichols isn't giving doc ultimatums. It's the other way around. The rink isn't making enough money for Doc to export to Egypt, and Robbie's head is on the chopping block.

Don is still helping Robbie, because they are business parthers in the Pios, and there is no one left at the rink to do anything. When the Pios announcements are made, I think you will find Robbie's wife as one of the new owners of the Pios.

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20120118/SPORTS/201180368/Local-pair-purchases-Elmira-Pioneers?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

The Elmira Pioneers are now under local ownership.

Donald Lewis and Nellie Franco Nichols have purchased the baseball team from Jeff Kunion, and all three were at the Hill Top Inn for the announcement Wednesday.

Nichols Quit last night:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20120120/SPORTS/201200404/Elmira-Jackals-win-game-lose-GM?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Also on Friday night, Jackals General Manager Robbie Nichols said he's leaving his position.

Nichols said he couldn't give specifics behind the decision until an official announcement is made, though it doesn't involve the sale of the team. Nichols said he's not leaving the area.

Don Lewis, formerly the assistant GM for the Jackals, left that post to become a co-owner of the Elmira Pioneers baseball team in partnership with Nichols' wife, Nellie.

Today in our local paper Robbie stated: http://www.stargazet...ext|FRONTPAGE|s

Nichols also stressed that rumors of Buffalo Sabres ownership looking to purchase the Jackals are false

Something that we have known already. Nothing was ever mentioned by Nichols about the arena itself being sold.

I guess he is also trying to negotiate something so that he can stay as the general manager. So what the hell is really going on here.

Today in our local paper Robbie stated: http://www.stargazet...ext|FRONTPAGE|s

Something that we have known already. Nothing was ever mentioned by Nichols about the arena itself being sold.

I guess he is also trying to negotiate something so that he can stay as the general manager. So what the hell is really going on here.

Word is Afr was coming in and stealing like $75K. I mean just taking arena earned money. Tamer Afr was supposibly at the game Friday Night I have been told.

All I know based on what i've gathered Robbie and afr are at ends and aren't agreeing on some things.

The newspaper articles referenced the job postings. If they are legit, one of Afr's grankids must have posted them - sounds like a 12 year old wrote them. Elmira Arena? Really???

The newspaper articles referenced the job postings. If they are legit, one of Afr's grankids must have posted them - sounds like a 12 year old wrote them. Elmira Arena? Really???

My favorite part was about no contacting. It sounded and looks like a scam. Afr has grandkid's? It's scary enough that he found a woman who wanted him to have her kids....LOL

Not sure what to make of them postings. Not a way that a professional would post a job position for an arena. Lets see what happens. Lets see if Robbie stays or is gone in a couple weeks.

Nothing Afr does I would say falls under the area of professional. It's not ike he's never recieved offers for the team. Someone once offered him $17 million and he declined. Not sure why, it's not like he cares about the fans, area or community. Even the arena. He's done SQUAT for it in 12 years.

Would like to know who offered him $17 million and how long ago.

Semi-local businessman back in the UHL Days. I'm think this was in like 04-05 or 05-06 just before Robbie came in and the place was an absolute trainwreck. This guy I believe was in Williamsport and wanted his own franchise but the city wouldn't budge. He's a friend of one of the Alaska owners I guess.

Semi-local businessman back in the UHL Days. I'm think this was in like 04-05 or 05-06 just before Robbie came in and the place was an absolute trainwreck. This guy I believe was in Williamsport and wanted his own franchise but the city wouldn't budge. He's a friend of one of the Alaska owners I guess.

That seems like quite a bit for the arena and team. Lets what comes up over the few weeks.

interesting how? Same old shat.

Someone in there says it happened. Which I have heard and I have also heard a lot of people say not.

As for the bank part, Key Bank(I think they are the bank)or whomever it is wouldn't care about Afr not making his mortgage payments in years, they would probably be glad to get rid of him, so say the people ion the banking industry I know anyway. Someone told me the payments he hasnt been making for years were on his house, not the arena. He always makes that payment, albeit very last second. I remember one year on the news they(WETM)ran a story about payments at the arena not being made and then surely right after robbie was on top of it(this was like 2,3 yearsa ago)

Still interesting whats going on with Robbie. I find it funny the Craig's list postings last Thursday BUT Friday Night Tamer Afr was at the game....

Someone in there says it happened. Which I have heard and I have also heard a lot of people say not.

As for the bank part, Key Bank(I think they are the bank)or whomever it is wouldn't care about Afr not making his mortgage payments in years, they would probably be glad to get rid of him, so say the people ion the banking industry I know anyway. Someone told me the payments he hasnt been making for years were on his house, not the arena. He always makes that payment, albeit very last second. I remember one year on the news they(WETM)ran a story about payments at the arena not being made and then surely right after robbie was on top of it(this was like 2,3 yearsa ago)

Still interesting whats going on with Robbie. I find it funny the Craig's list postings last Thursday BUT Friday Night Tamer Afr was at the game....

People say a lot of things - most of them are just reporting rumors. The sale has not occurred. The bank is owed millions - your sources in the banking community are very poorly informed. It's teh arena, not a house - does he own a house here? where? I've never heard that.

People say a lot of things - most of them are just reporting rumors. The sale has not occurred. The bank is owed millions - your sources in the banking community are very poorly informed. It's teh arena, not a house - does he own a house here? where? I've never heard that.

His house in Michigan. When I mentioned he hasn't made his mortgage payments in years this other guy(who claims to know everything with the franchise/arena and is tight with Robbie) replied "wrong payment" I'm guessing that the payments he hasn't made would be on his Michigan home. Maybe it's not an Elmira bank he owes money to. if it isI after 12 years you would think this city 50 years behind the times would know as long as Mostafa is around they aint getting a dime. They would be smart to PUSH for a sale. I'm not certain Afr's motive....if he turned down $17 million for it all back in the UHL Days and his Port Huron Arena is skeletal remains. He surely doesn't care about the fans, city or community. Hasn't pumped a dime back into that place.

Not sure how this rumor got started but this one unlike others has spread throughout the whole county and beyond. Someone is playing a dirty trick or the person who started it is not in the know and has no sources and just made it up being desperate and trying to feel big and important,

His house in Michigan. When I mentioned he hasn't made his mortgage payments in years this other guy(who claims to know everything with the franchise/arena and is tight with Robbie) replied "wrong payment" I'm guessing that the payments he hasn't made would be on his Michigan home. Maybe it's not an Elmira bank he owes money to. if it isI after 12 years you would think this city 50 years behind the times would know as long as Mostafa is around they aint getting a dime. They would be smart to PUSH for a sale. I'm not certain Afr's motive....if he turned down $17 million for it all back in the UHL Days and his Port Huron Arena is skeletal remains. He surely doesn't care about the fans, city or community. Hasn't pumped a dime back into that place.

Not sure how this rumor got started but this one unlike others has spread throughout the whole county and beyond. Someone is playing a dirty trick or the person who started it is not in the know and has no sources and just made it up being desperate and trying to feel big and important,

believe what you want to believe.

Archived