Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

xc8wh.jpg

Haha, that was well played.

Regionalization! Elmira is of course the ECHL's only team in NYS.

If the Jackals are not purchased and move to another arena, it's possible that Pegula could buy the Columbia Inferno, which is under voluntary suspension from the ECHL because an arena lease fell through. Last news I could find was that they were waiting for an arena to be constructed in Lexington County, SC.

It should be noted that no NHL team wholly owns an ECHL team. The last case of a pro team owning an ECHL team was the Trenton Devils debacle. The original Trenton Titans (affiliated with the Flyers and located in Trenton, right across the Delaware River from Philly) changed affiliation to the NJ Devils and the pro team rebranded the ECHL team into the Trenton Devils, pissing off all Trenton Titans/Flyers fans to no end. Combined with a losing record, Trenton hugged the bottom of the league in attendance, and ended up losing $1.5M in its final season before NJ folded the team. The ECHL stepped in, reformed the Trenton Titans, got them an ownership group, got them affiliated with the Flyers, and their attendance so far is up 10%.

Lol. The Columbia Inferno owner promised the team would take to the ice in time for the 09-10 season. Unfortunatly their websie no longer works so I can't find the article. Word has it from some former Inferno employees that this team will NEVER takje it to the ice.

As for Trenton....if you consider the source it was a bust. Just look at NJ's AHL teams the last dozen years. I'm not that worried. I just want a team still more than anything. Nobofy before has ever seen their teams last past an Afr ownership

Last I knew they called it the Pansy Box.

They could have fun. Solitary confinement, attendants dressed in riot gear, body cavity searches... the works!

Not the pansy box anymore, sadly. That promotion lasted only a season.

Do they still play that song?

I always loved the idea of the shackles. Prison striped black and white unis with a big pair of handcuffs on the front. Perfect uni for a prison town!

No. Two years ago they used Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape, last year it was CHELSEA DAGGER. This year it's the Patriots TD song. "This is our House" by jon Bon Jovi.

Lets hope that we can keep the jackals. Maybe the city could have something to say about the name.

The city would like to see where all that money that crook promised them. They haven't seen a dime in 12 years...

It's a fake - that's not what the star gazette looks like. And nothing like that was reported at any time, much less January 2011 which is the partial date on the paper.

People still read that paper??? I often wonder why they still even run it, they print it in Binghole.

Some get it, some don't. And apparently I don't know what year it is.

Go have fun. http://www.fodey.com...per/snippet.asp

Haha nice. Had no idea this thingy existed. Gunna have some fun on Facebook with this thingy....

So I've read all this. I have no idea what afr is and see that there is lots of hijinx and dont want Pegula involved in any of this.

What the hell? I thought I was going to read something about Rivet.

What the hell happened to him and where the hell is he? After reading all of this crap I'm afraid for his safety!! :rolleyes:

What have you done with Rivet?

Heard last night that Robbie gave Afr an Ultimatum monhs ago, whatever he hell that actually means is beyond m though.

So I've read all this. I have no idea what afr is and see that there is lots of hijinx and dont want Pegula involved in any of this.

What the hell happened to him and where the hell is he? After reading all of this crap I'm afraid for his safety!! :rolleyes:

Had no idea Sabres fans really liked Rivet. Lol. Ribet may have broke his hand last night beatong the crap outta this annick Paquette guy. Punched him in the helmet like 5 times. This was midway through the st. He got a Double Minor and a 10 minute misconduct and never came back so it's all assumption

If the Jackals are not purchased and move to another arena, it's possible that Pegula could buy the Columbia Inferno, which is under voluntary suspension from the ECHL because an arena lease fell through.

Could name the team Elmira Inferno if we do end up having to go that route.

It should be noted that no NHL team wholly owns an ECHL team. The last case of a pro team owning an ECHL team was the Trenton Devils debacle. The original Trenton Titans (affiliated with the Flyers and located in Trenton, right across the Delaware River from Philly) changed affiliation to the NJ Devils and the pro team rebranded the ECHL team into the Trenton Devils, pissing off all Trenton Titans/Flyers fans to no end. Combined with a losing record, Trenton hugged the bottom of the league in attendance, and ended up losing $1.5M in its final season before NJ folded the team. The ECHL stepped in, reformed the Trenton Titans, got them an ownership group, got them affiliated with the Flyers, and their attendance so far is up 10%.

It could happen with any team. Lets just hope it does not happen here.

Could name the team Elmira Inferno if we do end up having to go that route.

It could happen with any team. Lets just hope it does not happen here.

Inferno is a nice name actually. Just have a different logo then Columbia did. I would opt for a flame of fire or something.

Your second part is very true, you can ask AHL teams and why the AHL has declined the last decade-12ish years.

Rivet was playing ok until he took that shot and pummeled that turtler. He's really lost a lot of foot speed, looks like he's wearing concrete skates

Word is it was a broken rib. Out indefinitely.

Afr is the current owner of the Jackals. Hopefully that changes very soon.

Rivet was playing ok until he took that shot and pummeled that turtler. He's really lost a lot of foot speed, looks like he's wearing concrete skates

I was shocked to see him come back on the ice after the first hit he took. Looked like he was in some extreme pain on the bench. Broken or cracked rib seems a little more like the way he was acting. Didn't see him holding a hand or anything after the first period ended. Looks like this could be a season ending injury for the old man. Time to move up and get some more coaching experience under his belt.

Heard last night that Robbie gave Afr an Ultimatum monhs ago, whatever he hell that actually means is beyond m though.

I wonder what kind of ultimatum he gave him. would be nice to know if it had something to do with selling the team.

Had no idea Sabres fans really liked Rivet. Lol.

Personally I liked him a lot. He was a true pro. Unfortunately came here and hit the wall and never got over it. I don't know another guy who would have handled the situation he found himself here in Buffalo with the same amount of class and dignity.

He is a real good guy.

So one thing Rivet took to Elmira was the concrete skates huh lol.Hard to imagine he lost alot more speed than when he was here.

This Afr character is the Golisano of Elmira then?

I was shocked to see him come back on the ice after the first hit he took. Looked like he was in some extreme pain on the bench. Broken or cracked rib seems a little more like the way he was acting. Didn't see him holding a hand or anything after the first period ended. Looks like this could be a season ending injury for the old man. Time to move up and get some more coaching experience under his belt.

Guy really doesn't want it to end. Thats cool. I wonder if going to Elmira was in part a way for him to get accustomed to the league as a planned entry into the coaching ranks?

I wish Rivet nothing but the best.

Personally I liked him a lot. He was a true pro. Unfortunately came here and hit the wall and never got over it. I don't know another guy who would have handled the situation he found himself here in Buffalo with the same amount of class and dignity.

He is a real good guy.

So one thing Rivet took to Elmira was the concrete skates huh lol.Hard to imagine he lost alot more speed than when he was here.

This Afr character is the Golisano of Elmira then?

Guy really doesn't want it to end. Thats cool. I wonder if going to Elmira was in part a way for him to get accustomed to the league as a planned entry into the coaching ranks?

I wish Rivet nothing but the best.

No, Afr is nothing like Golisano, how the man has money is beyond me. Every franchise he's owned has gone bankrupt. But he's put nothing into the product and is never around. It's better if he stays away.

Once I went to bed I realized another clue that the newspaper story was a fake. If the Jackals were sold, would it not be headline news instead of a inside page blurb?

PTR

Not necessarily, the Regret is garbage and you would be shocked how on many road nights the Jackals story is pushed to page 2 or even further back in sports.

If it is a season ending injury I bet he leaves the team. I had no idea he came back on the ice after the misconduct. Someone told me they thought they saw him in the press boxs in the 2nd period, this is the same person who thought he broke his hand instead.

If you are an EC guy why would you care about who owns the Jackals? lol

If it is a season ending injury I bet he leaves the team. I had no idea he came back on the ice after the misconduct. Someone told me they thought they saw him in the press boxs in the 2nd period, this is the same person who thought he broke his hand instead.

I was talking after the initial hit, he went to the bench, bent over in severe pain. Then he came back into the game at which time he ran into paquette and began pounding on him.

I was talking after the initial hit, he went to the bench, bent over in severe pain. Then he came back into the game at which time he ran into paquette and began pounding on him.

Wish it happened to Larocque instead, what a waste of a spot he is. Five years ago that may have been a solid signing(when he was in Danbury)

Hearing the team we might be acquiring is the Gwinnett Gladiators. Whicfh is weird because their owner Chapman sits on the league board as chairman and is filthy rich.

Gwinnett is already affiliated with the Sabres, so that would make perfect sense. As for Chapman, maybe he sees some good that will come from this.

As for the Rivet fans we have here. He is out for the weekened with bruised ribs. Should be back in the line up by Friday in Reading.

Back on opening weekend Robbie gave Afr his two weeks. Unfortunately for Robbie, but fortunately for the fans, he is still around as Afr has not bought out his ownership percentage of the Jackals franchise.

Don Lewis, who left in December, is currently attending winter league meetings in CA. He has purchased the Elmira Pioneers and I have a meeting with him this week once he gets back.

As for the other person who left the front office, that was Malcolm Smith, the team's administrative assistant. He moved back home to Pittsburgh and took a job with a minor league baseball team.

Rumors have been flying for a while at the games about a Sabres takeover of the team. Rumor also is that Rivet is being groomed to takeover as head coach and Bingham will be getting the axe at the end of the season - the guy is a complete tool.

Back on opening weekend Robbie gave Afr his two weeks. Unfortunately for Robbie, but fortunately for the fans, he is still around as Afr has not bought out his ownership percentage of the Jackals franchise.

Don Lewis, who left in December, is currently attending winter league meetings in CA. He has purchased the Elmira Pioneers and I have a meeting with him this week once he gets back.

As for the other person who left the front office, that was Malcolm Smith, the team's administrative assistant. He moved back home to Pittsburgh and took a job with a minor league baseball team.

Rumors have been flying for a while at the games about a Sabres takeover of the team. Rumor also is that Rivet is being groomed to takeover as head coach and Bingham will be getting the axe at the end of the season - the guy is a complete tool.

So Robbie is not part of the venture with Mr. Lewis, which we new he had bought the Pioneers and will Robbie stick around for the rest of the season.

As for the rumors flying around the arena about the Sabres takeover true. Is Rivet being groomed to takeover as head coach.

Archived