Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

Word on the street is that the Elmira Jackals GM and his primary assistant are out the door by the weekend. There is no heir apparent in sight. I have not heard any rumors of Pegula or anyone else in talks to purchase the Jackals, but something seems to be afoot. I will report back when I have more.

Word on the street is that the Elmira Jackals GM and his primary assistant are out the door by the weekend. There is no heir apparent in sight. I have not heard any rumors of Pegula or anyone else in talks to purchase the Jackals, but something seems to be afoot. I will report back when I have more.

wow that's big news. Had no idea! :blink:

Think he's a pegula infiltrator? Maybe he was reprogrammed while in Portland last year to do Pegula's bidding. It would certainly explain why he is playing ECHL hockey for $800/wk.

Ok, my memory's failing me here, but he never actually went to Portland, right?

Jackals Gm and his assistant are still rumored to be heading out, but delayed for the time being. Allegedly headed for another local semiprofessional sports team in town.

Rivet is injured - shoulder again - and was behind the bench serving as an assistant coach this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the better thread to post on the alleged Jackals purchase by Pegula. It would explain the Jackals GM and his assistant leaving, as Nichols has been the current owner's pet for many years at many facilities. Another person in the Jackals front office is also leaving. I am still waiting for confirmation. But the pieces are starting to fall into place.

I think this is really going to happen.

This is the better thread to post on the alleged Jackals purchase by Pegula. It would explain the Jackals GM and his assistant leaving, as Nichols has been the current owner's pet for many years at many facilities. Another person in the Jackals front office is also leaving. I am still waiting for confirmation. But the pieces are starting to fall into place.

I think this is really going to happen.

Hearing that both Nichols chief assistant and the other guy in the front office are leaving 12/16.

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing that both Nichols chief assistant and the other guy in the front office are leaving 12/16.

Our Assistant GM and another member of the front office left somewhere around the 16th. So you pretty much hit it on the head. Heard anything else lately about our Jackals.

Our Assistant GM and another member of the front office left somewhere around the 16th. So you pretty much hit it on the head. Heard anything else lately about our Jackals.

I don't have any first hand info but apparently if you go to the roast beef stand at the arena i've been told you can hear some nice things. One thing was relayed to me that someone put in an offer at 7 million and Afr found out who it was and then upped the ante to 14. Someone also told me that they were told that the Sabres announced the purchase on their site, though the person who told me that couldn't find anything on their site and after doing a quick five minute search on it I couldn't either. I do think something is up because two people generally just don't up and leave. Especially when one of them is a hometown boy. Generally when businesses change hands you see house cleaning which I guess i'm fine with. I wish Nichols wasn't leaving though, he's a good guy and done a lot for this area/the team. Now afr thats another story. The guy hasn't given the city a dime he promised them and he hasn't done a thing for this city in 12 years. I get a chuckle in other places where I see some fellow Jackals fans feeling butt-hurt over hearing or seeing the rumor written, like for some reason they want Afr around. Just google that clowns name. Everyother franchise he's owned has gone bankrupt, he got banned from the AHL for life, that takes skills, didn't even happen to those folks who were behind the Iowa Chops. I'm not really a Sabres fan but perhaps if they bought them I would be. I do have my concerns though. Like would they even put anything back into the product? Would we suffer into the Trenton Devils trap? The only good thing would be that players could only go up to Rochester. Wonder if that would hurt recruiting players here because guys loved the callup opportunities due to our close proximity to so many AHL teams. I wonder if they would fix up/do repairs on the arena. It's still nicer than a lot of places in AA but it's starting to show it's age and the lack of attention Afr gives it. Don't start me on the Den with that stupid Pizza oven. They haven't cooked a Pizza all year, they moved the big screen and word is Robbie wants to move the TVs in the hall out because people congregate and get in the way. Half of the time the big screen isnt even on in the Den anymore. They better have it on Saturday and Sunday for football this weekend. I had a weird feeling from the beginning this season that something was going on, of course now it sounds way better than I thought. I thought the team was folding for sure. One thing has me wondering though...why would Pegula and Co. want a AA franchise? Under the current CBA theres not even enough contracts allowed to sign to field a AA team of your own. I wonder if they would move the team out of Elmira?

Thanks for the info. I really thing Pegula should jump on the offer, even if it is 14. Will have to keep my ears and eyes open at the arena. See if some tv's start vanishing.

I also have heard that Don and Robbie are apparently interested in the Pioneers, granted that is not a semipro team like Korab was talking about, hasnt been in like 7 years.

The tvs would be Robbie's idea based on who I heard it from and that was in the very beginning of November and they were still up on Friday.

I see this thread has more Jackals fans in it than what appears on the Jackals team forum. It's like they have 5 posters over there. I used to post like about 2ish years ago but that jackalsfan1 guy ruins it for everybody. Just read for rumors now, I see the Pegula rumors showed up over there and people were having a hissy fit like defending Afr it rubbed off as. I have yet to talk to a person who wasnt happy about possibly the team being sold.

I also have heard that Don and Robbie are apparently interested in the Pioneers, granted that is not a semipro team like Korab was talking about, hasnt been in like 7 years.

I heard Don will be working for the Pioneers this summer, nothing on Robbie as of yet. Could they bring back semipro baseball to the area again. As for the other forum. I have noticed that anytime something is mentioned about people leaving or the team being sold, the posts get removed. I have not heard one complaint about the possibility of Pegula buying the Jackals. All seem to be in favor of it. Bring in new people and faces to a dying arena.

I heard Don will be working for the Pioneers this summer, nothing on Robbie as of yet. Could they bring back semipro baseball to the area again. As for the other forum. I have noticed that anytime something is mentioned about people leaving or the team being sold, the posts get removed. I have not heard one complaint about the possibility of Pegula buying the Jackals. All seem to be in favor of it. Bring in new people and faces to a dying arena.

I doubt they could. Unless they were open to building a new stadium, bad location and it's ANCIENT to say the very least. Attendance also is a struggle. It hurt when they lost affiliated baseball, it's about the opposite of what happened with the Jackals. The arena is in okay shape but you can tell it hasnt been touched in 12 years. I have a list of things i'd like to see. A wish list. I wonder if expanding to 5K is realistic. We had 4400 some at one game earlier breaking a franchise record. I bet slapping the Sabres name on the jersey shoulder could bring in a few people who else wise wouldnt normally go.

I always wondered if they would be able to expand the seating in the arena. Arena is in need of some much needed repairs. I have noticed a few of the seats are falling apart. As for the slapping the Sabres name on the jersey shoulder, I think would work great for our area.

I always wondered if they would be able to expand the seating in the arena. Arena is in need of some much needed repairs. I have noticed a few of the seats are falling apart. As for the slapping the Sabres name on the jersey shoulder, I think would work great for our area.

I'm no contractor or anything but I would think every arena theoretically could be expanded. It would just cost money and some walls would have to be teared down. Our arena is shaped literally like a horseshoe. The concourse doesn't go all the way around. I would like to think because of that where the visiting team sits twice you could easily expand behind that goal. I agree about the seats, I wish they would all become padded. The worst thing in that arena may be the restrooms. I notice everytime I seem to go in one of the mens rooms the whole floor looks like a flood hit. Another thing I can't seem to grasp is why some nights the floors of the stands are very sticky like. I sit in the same place every game and I look around and nobody around me has anything that would make the floor sticky but the next night I come in sometimes the floor I notice is sticky, it's weird.

I don't think many people care about the teams we are asociated with. As they aren't on local TV often, plus one is way out in Cali. I read somewhere way back in the summer that Americans tickets were going to be $10. Sadly the link no longer works and when I looked up their tickets they all weren't $10 like I heard they were gunna be. I would wish for something like that, though we do have relatively cheap tickets compared to the rest of the league. Most of all I would hope for quality concessions and some lower prices. $7 for a 24oz Draft Beer is ridiculous, I can get cheaper at restaurants, other places in the league and even in some AHL barns.

You are right. They could add more seats at that end. would require moving locker room and possibly loosing the rec rink. I too sit in the same seats every game. Seems to me that they do not clean the arena on a daily basis like they did last year. Bathrooms are constantly broke and the concession stands took 3 months to get lids for the cups for hot liquids. The $10.00 deal in Rochester, was given before the season started as a gift from the new owner.

You are right. They could add more seats at that end. would require moving locker room and possibly loosing the rec rink. I too sit in the same seats every game. Seems to me that they do not clean the arena on a daily basis like they did last year. Bathrooms are constantly broke and the concession stands took 3 months to get lids for the cups for hot liquids. The $10.00 deal in Rochester, was given before the season started as a gift from the new owner.

I didn't think about the rec rink. It serves a small purpose as thats where camp tends to be and even I guess some practices. But i think even the HS teams use the main rink for games. It seems like a lot of things aren't being done this year very well. Like I said before it's felt kind of odd to me from the beginning. I think if I recall Pegula lives in Florida somewhere, interesting we had a three game series in Florida last month, about around the time Korab posted the info. Hmm, wonder if something took place then> Then we could talk about being in 1st, winning a season series against Kalamazoo who we never seem to beat and then the OT succeess where we have historically been dreadful. It would be a long way coming if this happened if you recall history, about 5,6,7 years ago this organization was a TRAINWRECK the final three UHL years. There was a point where it was just a bunch of local people managing and running the daily operations at the arena who honestly had no business doing so. In a way we could relate to the Sabres and Americans as all have fallen on very lean times with very questionable futures going forward where they were almost on the verge of death. Perhaps this would all be fitting. To going from uncertainty to hopefully insane stability with the advantages the majority of the other teams in our league wouldn't have. I know the stingrays have billionaire owners. Alaska is off pretty good.

It is a new year, so now let see what happens. If the team was sold, we will never know until after the season is over with. Unless it happens to get leaked out to the public.

Well I mean it's not like this rumor wasn't spreading like wild fire Friday Night @ the arena. I heard it from a few people. lol. Granted I had heard the rumor long before heading to that game. Somebody in this city knows something for sure, now it's just a matter of who is that guy. It's already like it's been leaked out to the public. If this actually becomes true it will be one of the worst kept secrets.

Archived