Elmira Jackals ECHL

korab rules

Gwinnett is already affiliated with the Sabres, so that would make perfect sense. As for Chapman, maybe he sees some good that will come from this.

As for the Rivet fans we have here. He is out for the weekened with bruised ribs. Should be back in the line up by Friday in Reading.

I have heard people talk about Atlanta and the AHL before and that maybe Gwinnett could be the team where it would be housed.

So Robbie is not part of the venture with Mr. Lewis, which we new he had bought the Pioneers and will Robbie stick around for the rest of the season.

As for the rumors flying around the arena about the Sabres takeover true. Is Rivet being groomed to takeover as head coach.

Not sure I would say that on Robbie officially. Might be true that he has nothing to do with it or he might when Scrooge lets him free. As for Rivet if the Sabres are involved I highly doubt he will be our coach next season, seems like their is bad blood there.

Back on opening weekend Robbie gave Afr his two weeks. Unfortunately for Robbie, but fortunately for the fans, he is still around as Afr has not bought out his ownership percentage of the Jackals franchise.

Don Lewis, who left in December, is currently attending winter league meetings in CA. He has purchased the Elmira Pioneers and I have a meeting with him this week once he gets back.

As for the other person who left the front office, that was Malcolm Smith, the team's administrative assistant. He moved back home to Pittsburgh and took a job with a minor league baseball team.

Rumors have been flying for a while at the games about a Sabres takeover of the team. Rumor also is that Rivet is being groomed to takeover as head coach and Bingham will be getting the axe at the end of the season - the guy is a complete tool.

Robbie owns a part of the Jackals? I didn't know that.

Sounds like some tough winter meetings, saw he was at Disney. lol

I wish Bingham would remain the coach, whether hes a tool or not, we are winning, probably on a 9 game winning streak after today. this franchise is reaching uncharted territory. We have had worse coaches before in performance and attitude. That dipstick SWEET DADDY LEO(I mean...Malcolm cameron)was the cherry on top of the sundae. He made Florio look great and he was a joke. Though I feel bad for him, Afr threw this thing together the month before the season that year after all the minor league talent was signed.

Rivet as coach? Interesting. He lives in Clarence, not sure I could see him commuting like he is this year. Would probably be hard to convince his family to move here. Don't think they have been in town for a game yet.

Robbie owns a part of the Jackals? I didn't know that.

Sounds like some tough winter meetings, saw he was at Disney. lol

I wish Bingham would remain the coach, whether hes a tool or not, we are winning, probably on a 9 game winning streak after today. this franchise is reaching uncharted territory. We have had worse coaches before in performance and attitude. That dipstick SWEET DADDY LEO(I mean...Malcolm cameron)was the cherry on top of the sundae. He made Florio look great and he was a joke. Though I feel bad for him, Afr threw this thing together the month before the season that year after all the minor league talent was signed.

Rivet as coach? Interesting. He lives in Clarence, not sure I could see him commuting like he is this year. Would probably be hard to convince his family to move here. Don't think they have been in town for a game yet.

Both Robbie & Don have had ownership stake. I guess Don was able to get out.

Totally unsure about Rivet coaching, it was a rumor I heard early on in the season. I doubt they will get rid of Bingham if we finish the season well.

Both Robbie & Don have had ownership stake. I guess Don was able to get out.

Totally unsure about Rivet coaching, it was a rumor I heard early on in the season. I doubt they will get rid of Bingham if we finish the season well.

They as in you mean Afr if the team moves?

Where is this team likely to move? Hear Afr has other facilities but where are they? I hear he has a hole or part of an arena in Port Huron, whatever that means. Whether a building is partially built or he owns a part of one.

I didn't know that being that high up as in GM got you an ownership stake. It's too bad there wasn't a way to help Robbie outstake Afr and then Robbie could sell it all and leave under his own good terms. Honestly I wonder why hes still here. This is his 6 year here. i'm suepeused he's stuck around as long as he has. Though I guess I have heard him and Afr are tight. Why anybody would like that moron and even more wanna work for him is beyond me. The dude looks like a terrorist from the Middle East, despite being white as day i'm not even certain he can speak english, hence his son did all the press conferences.

They as in you mean Afr if the team moves?

Where is this team likely to move? Hear Afr has other facilities but where are they? I hear he has a hole or part of an arena in Port Huron, whatever that means. Whether a building is partially built or he owns a part of one.

I didn't know that being that high up as in GM got you an ownership stake. It's too bad there wasn't a way to help Robbie outstake Afr and then Robbie could sell it all and leave under his own good terms. Honestly I wonder why hes still here. This is his 6 year here. i'm suepeused he's stuck around as long as he has. Though I guess I have heard him and Afr are tight. Why anybody would like that moron and even more wanna work for him is beyond me. The dude looks like a terrorist from the Middle East, despite being white as day i'm not even certain he can speak english, hence his son did all the press conferences.

I don't know if Afr can just up and move the team without approval from the city and the ECHL Board of Governors. Back in December a lot of the rumors I was hearing were squashed after a dinner conversation.

Everything is still speculative at this point and only time will tell what is going to happen.

I don't know if Afr can just up and move the team without approval from the city and the ECHL Board of Governors. Back in December a lot of the rumors I was hearing were squashed after a dinner conversation.

Everything is still speculative at this point and only time will tell what is going to happen.

Oh dang, if a lot of these rumors appear to not be happening i'll be ticked. Have dinner with Afr or Robbie?

The thinking was it would be easy for Afr to move the team instead of being granted another franchise(givven his past thats probably a real accurate assumption.)

Didn't hear that one tonight. Kind of hard to get around with all the kids around.

Dead crowd too. We were fortunate to win this one. What a bonehead Larocque is. Stewy had new equipment. He shoulda been beat on all 5 attempts.

I heard it from a guy who has kids who play youth hockey who were playing a team from Rochester and he said he heard it then. Cause we don't get the Buffalo paper up here anymore, used to be able to grab it at Tops.

I heard it from a guy who has kids who play youth hockey who were playing a team from Rochester and he said he heard it then. Cause we don't get the Buffalo paper up here anymore, used to be able to grab it at Tops.

It seems that you could get the paper at maybe Wegmans. I think they still carry the papers from alot of larger cities.

Heard today that the sale of the arena was finalized today. Not sure whether to believe it or not.

Whered you hear it from? An employee? Wonder if the franchise was involved too? Not lioke Afr at like 80 some will be around long....

Good productive day snooping around at the office taz!

Whered you hear it from? An employee? Wonder if the franchise was involved too? Not lioke Afr at like 80 some will be around long....

Good productive day snooping around at the office taz!

Afr is no where near 80 and was in great shape when I last saw him a couple months ago.

Current rumor is a facility sale only with Gwinnett coming here next year, but there is no current legitimate confirmation of this occurring as of yet.

Afr is no where near 80 and was in great shape when I last saw him a couple months ago.

Current rumor is a facility sale only with Gwinnett coming here next year, but there is no current legitimate confirmation of this occurring as of yet.

When was that sleeze in town this year? I haven't seen him at a game in years and I attend almost every game.

That would be very interesting because Gwinnett's owner is the league chairman if I recall and the dude is stinkin rich. Wonder why he would want to sell his team.

I predict there will be a massive reorganization of the ECHL in a few years when the Western Conference NHL teams start moving their AHL farm teams west. I live near Manchester, NH where the Kings own the Monarchs. They used to draw big crowds, often selling out the 10K arena on weekends. Now they are lucky to see a thousand. I could see the Monarchs heading west along with other franchises. Some of these vacated markets might try to lure ECHL teams to fill their newly-empty arenas.

PTR

I predict there will be a massive reorganization of the ECHL in a few years when the Western Conference NHL teams start moving their AHL farm teams west. I live near Manchester, NH where the Kings own the Monarchs. They used to draw big crowds, often selling out the 10K arena on weekends. Now they are lucky to see a thousand. I could see the Monarchs heading west along with other franchises. Some of these vacated markets might try to lure ECHL teams to fill their newly-empty arenas.

PTR

Definitely for that. We don't see the Western Conference anyway.

Archived