GDT: Oilers at Sabres 1/03/12 7:00PM

spndnchz

I will watch every single game for the rest of the year if at all possible. But only because i am paying good money for it. I dont think this team is going to drop a third straight though. I also wanna know why myers isnt back in the lineup. Also if Kass sits tonight I want the FO and Lindy fired. There is NO REASON he should be up here for over a week without playing in a game.

I will watch every single game for the rest of the year if at all possible. But only because i am paying good money for it. I dont think this team is going to drop a third straight though. I also wanna know why myers isnt back in the lineup. Also if Kass sits tonight I want the FO and Lindy fired. There is NO REASON he should be up here for over a week without playing in a game.

Because he's injured?

Do you think something sinister is afoot?

Because he's injured?

Do you think something sinister is afoot?

He has been skating since before christmas, I believe with contact. He is always mentioned as an extra defensive skater and he was quoted as saying he would play right after the x mas break. I know he isnt game conditioned but the best way to do that is by playing in games.

I dont think its sinister just overly cautious

He has been skating since before christmas, I believe with contact. He is always mentioned as an extra defensive skater and he was quoted as saying he would play right after the x mas break. I know he isnt game conditioned but the best way to do that is by playing in games.

But there have been a few recent articles saying that the bone he broke can take a long time to heal and that it's still not close to being ready.

I'm certain that if Myers was ready to go, they wouldn't bring Brennan up rather than take Myers. They might just be taking it cautiously with him, who knows? Actually, that's a serious question... does anybody know?

As nfreeman said the bone he broke is a slow healer. It gets little blood to it so it takes longer to heal. Does anyone know if the Sabres have one of those hyperbaric chambers that increases the oxygen in the bloodstream to speed healing. I know the canucks owner bought one for them.

Ever tried leaning on your stick or firing a slap shot let alone a wrist shot with a broken wrist? It is still tender, and hasn't quite healed up fully yet. He has another CT scan today (per the News article). My guess is he does a bunch of shooting drills today, and tomorrow to test it, and is back at the end of the week.

But there have been a few recent articles saying that the bone he broke can take a long time to heal and that it's still not close to being ready.

Oh ok I havent seen anything posted here about it. I havent read the entire injury thread though and for some reason I cant get the buffalo news at work.

Ever tried leaning on your stick or firing a slap shot let alone a wrist shot with a broken wrist? It is still tender, and hasn't quite healed up fully yet. He has another CT scan today (per the News article). My guess is he does a bunch of shooting drills today, and tomorrow to test it, and is back at the end of the week.

Nope I took a year off when i broke my wrist.

As nfreeman said the bone he broke is a slow healer. It gets little blood to it so it takes longer to heal. Does anyone know if the Sabres have one of those hyperbaric chambers that increases the oxygen in the bloodstream to speed healing. I know the canucks owner bought one for them.

I saw what looked like one in the locker room tour but it might have been a BodPod instead. The pictures didnt give a close enough view to tell.

Oh ok I havent seen anything posted here about it. I havent read the entire injury thread though and for some reason I cant get the buffalo news at work.

Nope I took a year off when i broke my wrist.

I saw what looked like one in the locker room tour but it might have been a BodPod instead. The pictures didnt give a close enough view to tell.

Nope, that was Roy's and Stafford tanning bed you saw; they gotta be pretty for gameday

Paul Hamilton said I believe it was friday on WGR that Myers cannot shoot and is not close. This sucks, but we may have to wait a bit longer.

With a Broken wrist, he could skate the next day if someone tied his skates for him. Unless he wears his skates on his hands. Put a cast, or some kind of brace on it and he should be ok in contact too. The big issue is movement in the wrist which is needed to control the puck and shoot it, thats very limited with a brace, and almost impossible with a cast on it.

I really don't think that just getting Myers back is going to turn this around

With a Broken wrist, he could skate the next day if someone tied his skates for him. Unless he wears his skates on his hands. Put a cast, or some kind of brace on it and he should be ok in contact too. The big issue is movement in the wrist which is needed to control the puck and shoot it, thats very limited with a brace, and almost impossible with a cast on it.

What about getting all our injured players back?

2-6-2 in their last 10 the sabres are most likely to blow the season if they do they same thing in their next ten games.

Last I heard Myers had to get a CT this morning to see if he could start putting more pressure on that wrist of his. My guess 1-2 more weeks... As Myers goes (or doesn't) so go the sabres (or don't).

2-6-2 in their last 10 the sabres are most likely to blow the season if they do they same thing in their next ten games.

Last I heard Myers had to get a CT this morning to see if he could start putting more pressure on that wrist of his. My guess 1-2 more weeks... As Myers goes (or doesn't) so go the sabres (or don't).

I agree with this and as discussed in another thread if they did the same thing over the next ten games they would have to win like 24 games out of thirty or something absolutely impossible for even a good team. Turn it around now or say goodbye

I'm certain that if Myers was ready to go, they wouldn't bring Brennan up rather than take Myers. They might just be taking it cautiously with him, who knows? Actually, that's a serious question... does anybody know?

Correct, it's in a place that doesn't get a ton of blood flow. He's gone back and forth from hard to soft cast. he much more comfortable with a hard cast (he seems a bit worried about hurting it again). He's having another scan today to see how he's doing.

I agree with this and as discussed in another thread if they did the same thing over the next ten games they would have to win like 24 games out of thirty or something absolutely impossible for even a good team. Turn it around now or say goodbye

Yup, I want them to tank... Mediocrity is killing this team and if they tank maybe crap will change.

For fun everyone look up the goal differential for the top 6 teams in the NHL... Boston for instance: 123gf 68ga.

Wonder if Brew Pub will have the game tonight... hmm gotta make some plans...

This will be one of the very few games in the last 6-8 years that I haven't watched. I expect this to be the case for a while :/

Thanks TWC. I'm probably just going to play NHL12 or something

I planned on playing NHL12 while listening to the game on the radio. Hopefully, it doesn't confuse me too much ;)

On the money with your bolded comment. His presence on the ice would not necessarily have a positive impact, even if healthy.

On the money with your bolded comment. His presence on the ice would not necessarily have a positive impact, even if healthy.

REALLY??? Come on... Do you actually believe that having myers back on the ice and healthy hurts this team?

The difference between pre-Myers' injury and post-Myers' injury is quite alarming. The Sabres record at the time of Myers' injury was 11-8 while allowing 49 goals in those 19 games (2.6 GPG). They ranked 7th in the league at 19.8% on the power-play while ranking 3rd in the league at 90% on the penalty-kill.

Since Myers' went down with a wrist injury, the Sabres have gone 5-8-3 while allowing 54 goals in those 16 games (3.4 GPG). Their power-play has dropped to 12th in the league while their penalty-kill has slipped to 10th in the league in his absence. While Myers has been out of the line-up, the power-play has clicked at 16.6% while their penalty-kill has been largely ineffective at 76.9%.

There has been a slight decline on the offensive side to the tune of 0.5 GPG as well but Myers' effect on the offense is minimal compared to his effect on the defensive side of the puck. Considering Leopold was the only defenseman other than Myers to miss time (3 games), that increase in goals against per game is baffling. Myers was 2nd on the team behind Regehr in short-handed ice time per game and his absence has been a huge loss which is evident in the sharp decline in the effectiveness of the penalty-kill. Consider the fact that Myers' 21+ minutes per game has essentially been replaced by 17-18 minutes of bottom pairing defensemen (Weber/Gragnani/McNabb) with the other 3-4 minutes being dispersed among Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, and Regehr. Even on a bad night, the difference between 17-18 minutes of Myers and 17-18 minutes of Gragnani can be quite substantial.

Also Gilbert got CRUSHED last night. I dont know how carcillo picked him up and threw him like that but I dont think he even expected that. Both guys were down for a while.

Archived