What happens when Ennis returns? Or Leino annd Gerbe for that matter

Weave

He would need to be St Louis. He's not, so you are right, he's right on track to be what we thought he would be.

I don't think he needs to be an all star. It may just be a different cast of characters around him that would allow him to be more useful. A team, or at least a line, with more grit on it may allow him to do his thing more effectively. As it is right now, we don't have that lineup for him consequently I think we need bigger bodies in the top 6.

My 2 cents:

- I wouldn't look to unload either of the smurfs unless a trading partner required it as part of a package for a good player. I think each of them can play and contribute to a playoff run this season.

- injuries will likely provide part of the solution, as guys like Hecht, Kaleta and Gerbe may not be able to stay healthy, Leino is still out for a while and other guys are likely to get banged up as well.

- I like what I've seen out of Kassian so far but I don't think it's quite enough to keep him here if it means exposing a veteran other than Ellis or McCormick to waivers.

- the other part of the puzzle is figuring out who plays on Getzlaf's line once Roy is traded for him, right?

My 2 cents:

- I wouldn't look to unload either of the smurfs unless a trading partner required it as part of a package for a good player. I think each of them can play and contribute to a playoff run this season.

- injuries will likely provide part of the solution, as guys like Hecht, Kaleta and Gerbe may not be able to stay healthy, Leino is still out for a while and other guys are likely to get banged up as well.

- I like what I've seen out of Kassian so far but I don't think it's quite enough to keep him here if it means exposing a veteran other than Ellis or McCormick to waivers.

- the other part of the puzzle is figuring out who plays on Getzlaf's line once Roy is traded for him, right?

Over/Under for trade proposals at 30 posts?

You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I'm still annoyed about that last bit of nonsense but there was no reason to pollute a good thread.

I do think it's way too early to give up on Ennis or Gerbe, although I'm worried about concussions with Gerbe.

You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I'm still annoyed about that last bit of nonsense but there was no reason to pollute a good thread.

I do think it's way too early to give up on Ennis or Gerbe, although I'm worried about concussions with Gerbe.

Is moving them for other assets giving up on them?

IMO it is not. Sometimes you need to move good players to fill other needs. I see Ennis especially as having value in that role.

I think in Ennis' return last time he showed that he can mesh with roy and help to generate on that line so I believe he should go right back into the lineup.

Gerbe should be inserted and ellis should be benched... which do you think scores more?

Leino should be put back with Adam and Kassian.

why are we having this discussion?

I think in Ennis' return last time he showed that he can mesh with roy and help to generate on that line so I believe he should go right back into the lineup.

Gerbe should be inserted and ellis should be benched... which do you think scores more?

The millennials are in agreement.

Why? Unless you are using fuzzy math(or some digital rewired way of thinking), you just added 3 players in the lineup, and removed only one. That is what the discussion is about! :doh:

Why? Unless you are using fuzzy math(or some digital rewired way of thinking), you just added 3 players in the lineup, and removed only one. That is what the discussion is about! :doh:

Yessir. The issue is we have 15 forwards and only 12 spots. So to reframe the original post, which of these guys sits if everyone is healthy?

Luke Adam, Brad Boyes, Matt Ellis, Tyler Ennis, Paul Gaustad "A", Nathan Gerbe, Jochen Hecht, Patrick Kaleta, Zack Kassian, Ville Leino, Cody McCormick, Jason Pominville "C", Derek Roy "A", Drew Stafford "A", Thomas Vanek "A"

To me, Ellis is an obvious choice to sit, but then which two others???

Yessir. The issue is we have 15 forwards and only 12 spots. So to reframe the original post, which of these guys sits if everyone is healthy?

Luke Adam, Brad Boyes, Matt Ellis, Tyler Ennis, Paul Gaustad "A", Nathan Gerbe, Jochen Hecht, Patrick Kaleta, Zack Kassian, Ville Leino, Cody McCormick, Jason Pominville "C", Derek Roy "A", Drew Stafford "A", Thomas Vanek "A"

It's easier to visualize like so:

LW - C - RW

Vanek - Hecht - Pominville

Ennis - Roy - Stafford

Adam - Leino - Kassian

Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaleta

McCormick - Ellis - Boyes

also, what happens when our D is fully healthy?

Myers - Regehr

Weber - Sekera

Leopold - Ehrhoff

MAG - McNabb

Honestly, I don't know who to sit other than Ellis. You could send Kassian back to ROC, but that doesn't make sense with how he's been playing. Same with McNabb (although he will probably be a casualty of the numbers game until any trade is made). Boyes was playing well before he went down, and anyone watching or listening to the game last night could definitely tell he was back. Do you sit Kaleta or McC with Ellis? Do you rotate who sits?

I think the best thing for this team would be a trade, but that's just my opinion. shake things up a little, let the two younger guys stay in the lineup (McNabb and Kass), and change the scenery a little.

I would send Ellis and Kassian to Rochester, and assuming everyone else is healthy and no players are moved via trade, Kaleta & McCormick become the 12th and 13th forwards.

Given the roster we have, I didn't mind what we iced today. I didn't see where Ennis, or Gerbe for that matter, were missed. Right now we have Vanek, Boyes, Adam, and Cody as our LW's and I am perfectly comfortable with that depthchart.

What an interesting dilemma we could have. The depth chart is interesting.

LW- Vanek, Hecht, Leino, Adam, McCormick, Ennis, Gerbe And Boyes played LW tonight too, didn't he?

Yeah, a few of them could move to center. I could see Cody kicking Ellis to the bench when another LW returns. Then again, it could just as easily be Cody in the pressbox. I think Ennis' return in particular is really going to make a tough decision get made.

Could we be seeing the end of the mighty midget era?

The best solution would be for Darcy to make a friggin' trade so that our roster could actually make sense. Maybe we could change the date on his computer and pin the calenders to March so that he can come out of his winter hibernation and do something.

Adam belongs at center. Roy and Stafford belong on other teams. Ellis can sit. I wouldn't hesitate to send Kassian back down to Rochester either. He's awesome but he'd probably benefit from a ton more ice time in Rochester at this point.

I would send Ellis and Kassian to Rochester, and assuming everyone else is healthy and no players are moved via trade, Kaleta & McCormick become the 12th and 13th forwards.

this is what I was thinking as well. McNabb should go back down as well. At some point a trade could happen or Boyes, Hecht, ellis just go away after this year anyways.

Would anyone want to give Boyes an extension and kick stafford to the curb? (just asking)

whatsa Millennial?

Darcy will try to move an asset, McNabb may stick. Lindy loves his vets. Someone else will get hurt and it will be a moot point in the end.

Ah the Millenial minds. Those young members of our society who are capable of thinking in a manner not seen before in human history. Their brains can see and jnterpret an infinite number of variables in time and space and can also get extra cranky when old people don't agree with them. It's tough to be a Millenial.

Ah the Millenial minds. Those young members of our society who are capable of thinking in a manner not seen before in human history. Their brains can see and jnterpret an infinite number of variables in time and space and can also get extra cranky when old people don't agree with them. It's tough to be a Millenial.

damn kids, get off my lawn!

Archived