What happens when Ennis returns? Or Leino annd Gerbe for that matter

Weave

I would send Ellis and Kassian to Rochester, and assuming everyone else is healthy and no players are moved via trade, Kaleta & McCormick become the 12th and 13th forwards.

And when McNabb is sent down too all of the tenacity this team has shown in the last couple of weeks ends up in Rochester. I suppose it will be glaringly obvious then.

I think what's most likely to happen once people get healthy are Kassian and McNabb getting sent down along with Ellis and McCormick/Kaleta/rotating 7th man sitting even though it would be really out of character for this team to have everybody healthy at the same time.

Like everyone else though, I'd love to see a handful of our unwanteds (Stafford, Gragnani, Roy/Boyes/Whoever) traded for Stamkos, Thornton, Pavelski, or Crosby (Shittsburgh has got to be sick of dealing with his concussions at this point).

I don't see any evidence that they wont. What would we have seen by now? So far, I like the play of these two this year. If they have weak playoff performances, then you will most definitely be correct.
He would need to be St Louis. He's not, so you are right, he's right on track to be what we thought he would be.

I think Ennis showed signs of St. Louis esq. before his injury, but I agree he came back soft and it was obviously still bothering him. I have had multiple ankle injuries and they suck coming back from especially with the strength side of things in lateral moves. But I think when healthy, he brings something else to his game and would rather dump Roy because I think he has lost a step since his quad injury.

Both need time to heal properly, the problem is the Sabres don't have time. I just don't think the Sabres need both and if I were to trade one I would trade Roy because he is older and to send a message to the rest of that group.

On the flip side, I really have begun to appreciate what Hecht brings to the Sabres. A big man, who plays solid D as a forward. Is tough in the corners and is able to get scrappy goals when he is on his game. Boyes is a similar type of player with a little better scoring touch with a little less size and physicality.

I would send Ellis and Kassian to Rochester, and assuming everyone else is healthy and no players are moved via trade, Kaleta & McCormick become the 12th and 13th forwards.

I am not sure about McNabb, but that makes some sense. I don't think the Sabres can afford to lose Kassian's scoring touch and toughness.

I am not sure about McNabb, but that makes some sense. I don't think the Sabres can afford to lose Kassian's scoring touch and toughness.

I agree that Kassian brings a unique game to the Sabres lineup that frankly, we cannot afford to lose right now. He's strong on the puck and down low, not afraid to take a hit or dish it out, and he has a scoring touch (assists and goals). He's a healthy dose of what we need right now.

Sarcasm?

Yes it was sarcasm. I guess I haven't been posting on this board long enough to let people know I'm just a drunk, not a retard, ha ha!

On a serious note though, I bet guys like Roy, Stafford, and Gragnani have slightly more value than most people here would assume, although not enough to acquire a stud difference maker like the team needs.

I think we need to find the ever elusive first line center through the draft. Maybe shedding some of these guys for picks and prospects would allow us to dump some salary and stockpile enough picks to move up into the top 5 or something if Darcy sees a center who can help a few years down the road come draft time. I have no confidence in that to actually happen though. Even though center has been a glaring need since 2007 I don't think he's drafted very many.

We've learned Kass and McNabb and Tropp can play in the right circumstances.

We already had excellent depth on defence and the wings before that discovery.

We have to do what teams with depth do — use it to improve the roster.

We trade two or three good assets for one better one, in our case a centre.

Vanek and Pom stay. And you sacrifice whoever else is necessary up front to get the player you want.

Who gets traded depends on who our trading partner likes.

Who becomes the 13th or 14th forward will fall into place after the trade is made.

It's time for Darcy to be bold.

Like everyone else though, I'd love to see a handful of our unwanteds (Stafford, Gragnani, Roy/Boyes/Whoever) traded for Stamkos, Thornton, Pavelski, or Crosby (Shittsburgh has got to be sick of dealing with his concussions at this point).

Sarcasm?

s/Sarca/Alcoholi/

(I kid!)

Gerbe's paying off just fine in my opinion. Well, except for the fact that he's hurt right now, of course. Gerbe >>> Ennis any day of the week. I said it before the season and it's proving out on the score sheet.

So, in other words, I'm thinking Ennis makes good trade sweetener. Keep Gerbe, though. He rocks.

Archived